Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 01:46 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,283,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
This isn't the chair girl again is it? Just quit and do everyone a favor.. Next it's going to be whining about replacing staples.
LOL.

OP,

How are you in a position to make demands? They can replace you quickly and with someone who put together an office chair.

What will you accomplish? Do you think that they will care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 01:46 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,436,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
This isn't the chair girl again is it? Just quit and do everyone a favor.. Next it's going to be whining about replacing staples.
Yes. Also the girl who "has a friend" that wants to purposefully get fired so they can get UI.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:55 PM

19 posts, read 29,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
LOL.

OP,

How are you in a position to make demands? They can replace you quickly and with someone who put together an office chair.

What will you accomplish? Do you think that they will care?
Correction: most places could easily find a replacement.

This place took 4 months of desperate looking and they hired ME, lol

They're ridiculously picky and make weird hiring decisions. If I leave they're going to be seeking for 3 months and tied in knots over it.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:01 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,628,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryjane1888 View Post

They're ridiculously picky and make weird hiring decisions. If I leave they're going to be seeking for 3 months and tied in knots over it.
If this fictional company was ridiculously picky, they would have never hired you in the first place. You started with no relevant skill whatsoever, and seem to have worked your way down from there. Have you considered writing a blog instead of wasting your stories on a site that doesn't pay anything? Advertising revenue can be a big help to bridge your career to whatever it is you do next.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:

That's what you want to believe. Aren't you an admin? Who has a shoulder injury and can't, for some reason, put together an office chair because it's too heavy?

When we post admin positions, we receive thousands of applications - and the applicants are well qualified.

I definitely agree about the weird hiring decision, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
If this fictional company was ridiculously picky, they would have never hired you in the first place. You started with no relevant skill whatsoever, and seem to have worked your way down from there. Have you considered writing a blog instead of wasting your stories on a site that doesn't pay anything? Advertising revenue can be a big help to bridge your career to whatever it is you do next.

LOL Good one.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Your attempt make me feel bad actually made me feel awesome, because it seems my life is the material of someone else's fantasy!

Old 06-15-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
That's what you want to believe. Aren't you an admin? Who has a shoulder injury and can't, for some reason, put together an office chair because it's too heavy?

When we post admin positions, we receive thousands of applications - and the applicants are well qualified.

I definitely agree about the weird hiring decision, though.

LOL Good one.
RIP thousands of people's basic human dignity

Is there such a thing as a well qualified admin? Honestly a special Ed high school kid could do most of this stuff on a bad day. Your company sounds pretty anal about hiring decisons. Next time shuffle them up, grab a random resume, and you've got your next office drone maid

Old 06-15-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
RIP thousands of people's basic human dignity

Is there such a thing as a well qualified admin? Honestly a special Ed high school kid could do most of this stuff on a bad day. Your company sounds pretty anal about hiring decisons. Next time shuffle them up, grab a random resume, and you've got your next office drone maid

Your post makes no sense. I said nothing of the sort.

And my point was that yes, it is easy to be an admin and many people are qualified for the job (I actually said that). So why do you think that they would have a hard time replacing you?

You didn't answer that.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:36 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,628,007 times
Quote:
Your attempt make me feel bad actually made me feel awesome, because it seems my life is the material of someone else's fantasy!
I'm glad to have helped!

My fantasies usually run a little more realistic, but why not?

Old 06-15-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Your post makes no sense. I said nothing of the sort.

And my point was that yes, it is easy to be an admin and many people are qualified for the job (I actually said that). So why do you think that they would have a hard time replacing you?

You didn't answer that.
I already explained this. The person I replaced left last spring... It took the 4 months to hire me. They even told me they interviewed a ton of people and I saw the stack of resumes. They're extremely anal about who they hire (but in a stupid way). They basically want a pretty young girl with a mild personality. My boss even said to me one of the reasons he kept me so long was because I don't seem like an aggressive person, and he really liked that.

Training here is a nightmare. The boss dumps "training" on this very busy woman who knows next to nothing about the position. There's no solid training whatsoever, and they quickly get pissed off at you for not knowing how to do weird things. The turnover rate for this position is pretty high because it's ****ty. So even when they do find that perfect gilded candidate (lol) they won't end up staying long because it's an all around unpleasant place to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment