Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 05:10 AM

79 posts, read 138,574 times

Advertisements

Am I the only one who cant stand when a girl expects me to know what she is thinking or wants? Or to know when she is upset or mad about something with out telling me? I prefer she just bluntly tell me not make me guess or worry.I prefer blunt women who just tells me if she is upset or tells me if i'm being dumb or annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 05:13 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,454,024 times
So, are you enjoying your stay on Earth, Dimitre? lol

She's telling you. You just have to pick up on the body language.

If you can't get it within 5 or 6 hours, she'll be blunt about it, and you'll get your wish. lol

Old 12-21-2014, 05:49 AM

619 posts, read 653,356 times
I was with a female for 2 years. She started out as my roomie, then when she realized I was on a dating moratorium, she told me I should try dating a female for a change to see if maybe I should give up on men completely.

The relationship should have only lasted a week (because it was that bad)...but I couldn't seem to get rid of her, no matter how blunt I was with her.

She expected me to know what she wanted, without telling me...but I could care less, unless she wanted to tell me. I'm not going to guess...what a waste of time.

She always told me that she wanted the blunt truth, but that was a LIE! She never wanted the truth. She wanted to hear what she wanted to hear it, as if it was some perfectly scripted play, but nobody ever gave me my lines (and I would have improvised anyhow). If I said the actual truth, the blubbering, sobbing, non-stop "discussing" of our relationship "issues" went on forever....when the only issue was that I wasn't a lesbian, I didn't want her, I didn't really like her since she wouldn't shut up ever about how to fix the relationship I didn't want,..and in these "discussions" I told her all of it.

She'd sulk, get angry, pout, cry randomly...and I'd suggest, that because she was obviously miserable, she should really find someone to make her happy.

And after sex, there was a whole lot of not shutting the F up. Nobody made ME a sandwich except ME and that was only to escape the talking, the non-stop sappy, romantic, ILOVEYOUSOMUCH stuff when I just wanted to sleep.

I was blunt with her. I didn't love her, nor was I attracted to her, I couldn't really say I was a lesbian because the whole sex part was extremely boring, she'd talk of marriage and having kids and I'd think 'Oh please GOD NO!'. I told her exactly how I felt on all accounts, but she still wouldn't leave. Eventually, she cheated and I was a happy, happy girl. I paid her share of the lease upfront, releasing her from all obligations and waved her goodbye to grand ol' Montana.

I even look back on it somewhat fondly now. I have a great perspective on what some guys have to put up with and I learned that if I was a guy...and I had to put up with dating the female gender (as much as I love them platonically AS a female), I'd be gay. Choice, biological, I don't care...I'd choose to be gay. I'd be the most fabulously gay man that ever pranced the earth.

Last edited by Jenna1343; 12-21-2014 at 06:36 AM..

Old 12-21-2014, 06:22 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,667,890 times
Eh, lots and lots of communication isn't verbal.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:29 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,454,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
I was with a female for 2 years. She started out as my roomie, then when she realized I was on a dating moratorium, she told me I should try dating a female for a change to see if maybe I should give up on men completely.

The relationship should have only lasted a week (because it was that bad)...but I couldn't seem to get rid of her, no matter how blunt I was with her.

She expected me to know what she wanted, without telling me...but I could care less, unless she wanted to tell me. I'm not going to guess...what a waste of time.

She always told me that she wanted the blunt truth, but that was a LIE! She never wanted the truth. She wanted to hear what she wanted to hear it, as if it was some perfectly scripted play, but nobody ever gave me my lines (and I wouldn't improvised anyhow). If I said the actual truth, the blubbering, sobbing, non-stop "discussing" of our relationship "issues" went on forever....when the only issue was that I wasn't a lesbian, I didn't want her, I didn't really like her since she wouldn't shut up ever about how to fix the relationship I didn't want,..and in these "discussions" I told her all of it.

She'd sulk, get angry, pout, cry randomly...and I'd suggest, that because she was obviously miserable, she should really find someone to make her happy.

And after sex, there was a whole lot of not shutting the F up. Nobody made ME a sandwich except ME and that was only to escape the talking, the non-stop sappy, romantic, ILOVEYOUSOMUCH stuff when I just wanted to sleep.

I was blunt with her. I didn't love her, nor was I attracted to her, I couldn't really say I was a lesbian because the whole sex part was extremely boring, she'd talk of marriage and having kids and I'd think 'Oh please GOD NO!'. I told her exactly how I felt on all accounts, but she still wouldn't leave. Eventually, she cheated and I was a happy, happy girl. I paid her share of the lease upfront, releasing her from all obligations and waved her goodbye to grand ol' Montana.

I even look back on it somewhat fondly now. I have a great perspective on what some guys have to put up with and I learned that if I was a guy...and I had to put up with dating the female gender (as much as I love them platonically AS a female), I'd be gay. Choice, biological, I don't care...I'd choose to be gay. I'd be the most fabulously gay man that ever pranced the earth.

Seeing this typed from a woman.....well......it nearly brought tears to my eyes.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:30 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,045,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

Most of it isn't.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:32 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,626,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post

She always told me that she wanted the blunt truth, but that was a LIE! She never wanted the truth. She wanted to hear what she wanted to hear it, as if it was some perfectly scripted play, but nobody ever gave me my lines (and I would have improvised anyhow).

Exactly. Beating around the bush in relationships is the worst thing a man can do. As a man you must always take the strong route. Say what needs to be said and stick with your word.

Consistency is the key.

No decent woman wants to be with a man that compromises and folds at every opportunity.

If she cannot handle what you have to say...then it's best to just send her on her way to a guy that will give her what she needs.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:37 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,097,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Agree.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:48 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,739,137 times
Depending on what it is...I'm pretty blunt and straight forward.

If I feel the matter is selfish and stupid...I won't say anything but try to get over it on my own. I don't like to complain because it pushes people away.

I have been told I have no tact and can be insensitive because I say what I feel when someone asks my opinion. I'm not the type to play games with people. If I feel something should be said...I say it.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:16 AM

240 posts, read 240,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitre View Post
Am I the only one who cant stand when a girl expects me to know what she is thinking or wants? Or to know when she is upset or mad about something with out telling me? I prefer she just bluntly tell me not make me guess or worry.I prefer blunt women who just tells me if she is upset or tells me if i'm being dumb or annoying.
Honesty is the best policy, like you I hate guessing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships