Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 03:59 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,430 times

Advertisements

starbucks is populated on a daily basis by liberals

sometimes its better to not comment on everything if its possibly gonna affect your bottom line

a ceo should know that he cant tuse logic when dealing with the general public

Old 06-28-2014, 05:02 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,568 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post

sometimes its better to not comment on everything if its possibly gonna affect your bottom line

Starbucks was very popular with the conservatives because they were allowing people to carry guns, until they came out with the statement against it. I agree that it's better to keep politics and business separate. When I had a business I made money from both the Democrat and Republican parties, and I don't like either. Howard Shultz, on the other hand, likes to shoot off his mouth. Fortunately for him, Starbucks fans are addicts, and are not affected by what he says or does. Even when he sold the Seattle Sonics basketball team and they moved out, it had no affect on their sales here.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:17 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
$15 is a bit much, though it certainly would go much further in Omaha than NYC. I can understand increasing minimum wage, but not many companies can afford that much of a hike.

Having said that, no one wants to hear well compensated CEO's complaining about increases to rank-and-file workers' pay. Perhaps top executives and CEO's should take less pay as a sort of symbolic gesture, and pass the extra money on (reduced costs to insurance, small bonuses for EE's, who knows).

It's disingenuous for blue-bloods to complain about the little guy when the executives have no problem negotiating for each dollar they believe they've earned.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:30 PM

271 posts, read 369,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post

That is actually funny because I’m a fiscal conservative and I love Starbucks – not the filthy high prices or that workers are exploited but at least they make great coffee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment