Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 02:29 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,571,968 times

Advertisements

There is a high tech co I would like to work for have an in with my network and get a phone screen.

Easy enough 30 mins done plenty over year. The HM reschedules on me 4 times yesterday, because he is very busy. Then today he reschedules on me twice

It get it. He's busy and my time is valuable too.

6 reschedules in 2 day has me thinking two things;

1. This is good because they are so busy they need someone.
2. My time is not valuable to him or respected.

Your thoughts?

BTW I have gone back to doing some part time work for my previous employer but it's on call, sporadic, no benefits. Now my on call work is getting jeopardized because I constantly have to reschedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 02:45 PM

341 posts, read 677,538 times
Ask yourself this, how many times would they allow you to reschedule before blowing you off?

Not even once.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:48 PM

3,082 posts, read 5,458,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Lazio View Post
Ask yourself this, how many times would they allow you to reschedule before blowing you off?

Not even once.
I kind of have to agree here. How bad do you want or need this job? I might put up with it once or twice more and then just tell them you don't think it's going to work out.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
I kind of have to agree here. How bad do you want or need this job? I might put up with it once or twice more and then just tell them you don't think it's going to work out.
I need it bad, but questioning, and that why I posted, do I need it that bad? I have no healthcare and that's a big problem right now for personal reasons.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:02 PM

To be objective, I forgot to mention, I had to reschedule on him the first time because I was sick since then I am calling exactly on time if not a min early.

He asked me to reschedule late Friday and I gently put my foot down and said I have weekend plans already made sorry. Because with his track record he will probably reschedule again.

The problem with just taking the call whenever it's convenient for him, and unplanned, is I have a life too and I can't constantly be in prep mode for just this one job. I did that last summer and got burned bad, sitting around all summer for that next interview or phone call that never came.

I am a professional and like to prep 30 min before phone screens.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:06 PM

341 posts, read 677,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
I need it bad, but questioning, and that why I posted, do I need it that bad? I have no healthcare and that's a big problem right now for personal reasons.
And you're showing it in spades by accepting this type of unprofessional behavior.

They're either not interested or just guaging your neediness. At this point, even if you got an offer, I surmise it'd be such a low-ball offer it wouldn't even be worth the gas money to drive and reject it in person.

You're only saving grace is to email or call and explain this type of behavior is not fair to your current employer, how would they react if one of their own was doing this? Not well I'm sure, they're putting you at risk.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:31 PM

Update-glad I was persistent I had a really good call with the guy and he is going to refer me to the DHM.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:08 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,562,555 times
Quote:
Update-glad I was persistent I had a really good call with the guy and he is going to refer me to the DHM.
Nice.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:16 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,419,931 times
Quote:
Good luck!

Old 07-26-2013, 04:20 PM

thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment