Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 07:50 PM

83 posts, read 140,425 times

Advertisements

Krugman is an Award-winning Noble Prize Economist who I happen to agree with. Good for him!!!

"Every time you read someone extolling the dynamism of the modern economy, the virtues of risk-taking, declaring that everyone has to expect to have multiple jobs in his or her life and that you can never stop learning, etc,, etc., bear in mind that this is a portrait of an economy with no stability, no guarantees that hard work will provide a consistent living, and a constant possibility of being thrown aside simply because you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 01:52 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,422,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_in_atl View Post
Krugman is an Award-winning Noble Prize Economist who I happen to agree with. Good for him!!!

"Every time you read someone extolling the dynamism of the modern economy, the virtues of risk-taking, declaring that everyone has to expect to have multiple jobs in his or her life and that you can never stop learning, etc,, etc., bear in mind that this is a portrait of an economy with no stability, no guarantees that hard work will provide a consistent living, and a constant possibility of being thrown aside simply because you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time."
I don't always agree with him, as he is a bit too liberal for me.

But I can sure see why he won a Nobel Prize.

That quote is an example of why. He's got his eyes wide open to what's going on, that is for sure! Better than a lot of other people in the media.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:02 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,914,403 times
yes, I read his articles on NYTimes routinely and he's quite a brilliant thinker. he seems to be able to catch on to what's goin on under the covers and ask the right kinds of questions, ones that would never cross the minds of lesser minds

Old 12-01-2012, 09:57 AM

30,112 posts, read 25,216,272 times
Krugman is a tool.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:33 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,914,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Krugman is a tool.
care to elaborate?

Old 12-01-2012, 04:37 PM

5,111 posts, read 7,305,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_in_atl View Post

That pretty much sums it up. Twenty minutes of kissing a** will get you further than eight hours of busting a**.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:49 PM

83 posts, read 140,425 times
If you like Krugman, you might like this, too.

Just came across it yesterday and I posted on the Unemployment forum as it seemed a more appropriate venue.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...n-painted.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment