Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 09:26 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Sorry,but you have some nerve. I didn't ask for twice the pay. Its their fault.
Personally,the company benefits are scum. I don't get sick,vacation,only paid time off.
One week for a whole year. That's why I don't feel too sorry for them.
Also,when my pay is wrong,which frequently it is,why don't those TURDS ever call me and say"we screwed up your checks,we will send you the correct amount?" I always have to call them.
How come they never call me? Is it because they aren't honest and righteous as you make it sound like companies are in your post?

But I guess I will report it,and tell them to take whatever little paid time off I have instead of the next paycheck.
Sounds like someone hit a nerve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 09:28 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

The true character and integrity of a man is displayed by what he does when nobody is looking.

If you sit back and enjoy you are just another thief,a human being without worth or value. The lowest form of life in my book. Not unlike the sort of turd that would observe a widow lady drop her social security envelope then pick it up proclaiming "losers weepers finders keepers". True dirt.

And if you think they won't eventually notice you're an idiot besides a turd.
So an unintentional paycheck is on the same par as as someone who takes something that doesn't belong to them. Really?
Its not like I did anything to deserve you stupid rant. That's why I ASKED on this forum.
Because in real life,people have told me the company they worked for NEVER noticed.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:31 AM

11,061 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
So an unintentional paycheck is lower than a child molester? Really?
Its like I did anything to deserve you stupid rant. That's why I ASKED on this forum.
haha if you have to compare yourself to a child molester to feel better, things aren't going well. This is really a question you shouldn't need to ask. Just report it!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:32 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Funny story about this. 15ish years ago I was working for Radio Shack. I got paid twice and told them about it.........and told them about it.........and told them about it......and nothing ever happened. Finally after letting the money sit in my account for a year (A YEAR!) I spent it. Dont you know two days later they reversed the extra deposit and took their money back.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:42 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
I don't know about you but I don't check my bank account but maybe once every couple months. So it could be months before I would notice a double paycheck.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:45 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
So an unintentional paycheck is on the same par as as someone who takes something that doesn't belong to them. Really?
Yes it is in context when instead of just asking what you should do, you added, "Should I mention this to payroll or shut up and enjoy?" If the responses had been to your satisfaction (as in, "sure go ahead and spend it") you wouldn't now be on the defensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Funny story about this. 15ish years ago I was working for Radio Shack. I got paid twice and told them about it.........and told them about it.........and told them about it......and nothing ever happened. Finally after letting the money sit in my account for a year (A YEAR!) I spent it. Dont you know two days later they reversed the extra deposit and took their money back.
OUCH! Lesson learned!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:52 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Quote:
...in real life,people have told me the company they worked for NEVER noticed.

Seems to me that you need to start associating with a better class of people.

If you still need incentive to take the high road here, remember that you can be fired for not letting your company know about the double payment. It's theft, regardless of how much lipstick you try to put on it.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Personally,the company benefits are scum. I don't get sick,vacation,only paid time off. One week for a whole year. That's why I don't feel too sorry for them.

I'm sorry they're forcing you to work there and not letting you get a better job elsewhere.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:06 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
A few years ago my school district made some type of minor calculation error (I think something related to taxes) which ended up adding a couple of cents on everyone's hourly pay which may have raised your paycheck $2 to $4 a week. No one noticed for over two years. When the error was finally discovered the district took off the entire amount, without advance warning, from the first pay check of the year.

Man, people were really upset that after not receiving pay checks all summer the first check had $ 90 to $200 taken off. It caused a hardship for many people.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
A few years ago my school district made some type of minor calculation error (I think something related to taxes) which ended up adding a couple of cents on everyone's hourly pay which may have raised your paycheck $2 to $4 a week. No one noticed for over two years. When the error was finally discovered the district took off the entire amount, without advance warning, from the first pay check of the year.

Man, people were really upset that after not receiving pay checks all summer the first check had $ 90 to $200 taken off. It caused a hardship for many people.

Maybe no one in Payroll noticed for over two years, but I'm sure most of those who got the paychecks noticed right away. And they didnt say anything or question the reason for the small increase. So I'm not too sympathetic about the hardship. People of all incomes need to keep an eye on their finances.

That actually happened to me some years ago. My paycheck was always the same amount and then one time it was for $3.00+ more. It didnt take me two minutes to get on the phone with Payroll and ask why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment