Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 01:53 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,335,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Close your eyes and pick a national news source.
That's not a messageboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 01:56 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,219,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
That's not a messageboard.
Are we arguing semantics or something meaningful?

Do you get my point? If so stop being difficult.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:07 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,335,869 times
Quote:
Are we arguing semantics or something meaningful?

Do you get my point? If so stop being difficult.
No, I don't get your point. You said:

Quote:
As a side note, threads like this are exactly why I spend an hour or so searching online for candidates' activities on forums/message boards before extending offers for interviews.
So I asked you how you do it when so many people use fictitious screennames. Please share your expertise with us.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,185,854 times
Quote:
Close your eyes and pick a national news source.
That in no way answers the question or addresses your original comment.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:37 PM

30,317 posts, read 23,800,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
If the jerks on here were reading(comprehension on here is seriously lacking)
They would have known that I was going to swap some vacation time for the overpayment.

No one has answered yet: if I had every intention of stealing the money,what the hell was the point of me asking the question? Why would I sit up here wasting time posting?
First of all, "swap some vacation time" for the overpayment is still b.s. It was NOT nor was it EVER, your money. Stop trying to back peddle. You had every intention of keeping that money....here's your very first post:

Quote:
I got my regualr pay for this week but it seems someone must have hit the button again because I got paid twice. I get direct deposit.I don't get any bonuses or anything so I know its a mistake on their part. Should I mention this to payroll or shut up and enjoy?

What would you do?
You were going to steal it by keeping it knowing damn good and well it wasn't yours. We absolutely comprehend what you wrote just fine.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:40 PM

30,317 posts, read 23,800,844 times
Quote:
The thought crossed my mind,but my actions were one way or the other.
People are merely condemning me for thoughts.

I guess it goes like this:
Company pays you twice: your fault.
Company screws you out of your pay: your fault.
Compnay goes under: employees' fault.
Quote:
Where?
Some on here have answered without being nasty.
But as I said,calling me names was uncalled for.

My family already said it was ok. If I didn't question it and really think about it,I would have spent it.
Stop acting as if you live to some higher moral standard. An HONEST person would not have even questioned it, they would have contacted the company right away....even if it "wasn't open", email and messages work 24 hours a day.

You are not some victim here. You were going to keep it and you wanted people to laugh and tell you it was ok.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:56 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,855,361 times
Quote:
The thought crossed my mind,but my actions were one way or the other.
People are merely condemning me for thoughts.

I guess it goes like this:
Company pays you twice: your fault.
Company screws you out of your pay: your fault.
Compnay goes under: employees' fault.
Let me correct this for you.

Company pays you twice: Payroll's fault. They will correct it.
Company screws you out of your pay: Payroll's fault. They will correct it if you bring it to their attention.
Company goes under: Possibly employee's fault if they are stealing from the company by not reporting getting paid twice or even by being unproductive.

Have you ever made a mistake? I don't know why people expect payroll to never make any mistakes. It happens. Bring it to their attention and they will correct it.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:46 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,551,322 times
Good grief, some people are really judgemental. To say she should be fired for not responding when her company made a mistake is ridiculous.

Yes, she should report it. But not reporting it doesn't mean she should be fired, all it means is that she shouldn't be surprised when the money gets deducted back out of her account.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:50 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,402,991 times
She should be fired because of the moral character, or rather lack thereof, was shown clearly in her behavior.

Yes, employees are dishonest, some are worse than she is...but if an employer knows about an employee and knows they will do something like this, getting rid of the employee before they have the chance to do harm makes sense

Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,551,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
She should be fired because of the moral character, or rather lack thereof, was shown clearly in her behavior.

Yes, employees are dishonest, some are worse than she is...but if an employer knows about an employee and knows they will do something like this, getting rid of the employee before they have the chance to do harm makes sense
I see what you're saying but I still disagree. I'd only agree if the employer itself has shown complete competence, which it already hasn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment