Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 02:53 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,233,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
I now really wonder now how many people I **** off on a daily basis just by asking what their doing this weekend or simply saying "how are you?" instead of "hello" when greeting them. Ugh Really people??
Well your whining about people whining so it's simple, don't talk to these people then. All anyone needs to know about me is I'll be in the office working my butt off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 02:54 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,233,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
I just answer 'nothing' as I shrug my shoulders. After two or three more Fridays replying 'nothing' when asked about my weekend plans the question is never asked again to me. Works every time. Like they really care.

-Cheers.
Good advice.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:00 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,856,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I never understood or bought into this. If I never hung out with the co-worker why ask me that?

I understand asking if its a holiday, but a normal weekend? whats the point of asking that?
They're either bored and trying to pass time or they really want to know the answer to the question.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:21 PM

45,599 posts, read 60,922,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The what are you doing this weekend question would only come from a woman because they are naturally nosey

Is there a way we can make this an "adult mentalityand experience only" thread?

Old 10-17-2011, 04:04 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,145,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Is there a way we can make this an "adult mentalityand experience only" thread?
MEN don;t ask questions like that North Beach person

Old 10-17-2011, 04:12 PM

45,599 posts, read 60,922,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
MEN don;t ask questions like that North Beach person

And you know what about being an adult MAN?

You are on here seriously saying that no man has ever asked asked you, "Hey Sol, what you doing for the weekend?". Seriously? Really? Right.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:16 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,243,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That's fine, as long as people realize that while work can be pleasant you're not there to have fun.

I learned a long time ago to avoid going out after work with coworkers. Especially if it involves going out drinking.

I don't want to know about the state of your marriage or that you did a lot of drugs in college(had that information shared) on a Friday evening after work, only to see these people on Monday.

Humans are strange creatures, one of these people may be higher up the food chain than you and realize later on they misspoke due to being somewhat drunk.

Now you have an awkward situation that has been created, this individual may now feel threatened that you know something they wish they hadn't shared.

IMO, it is best to keep work and your social life separate.

These aren't people that you chose to socialize with, you are together only because you work in the same place.
These paranoid situations are good for an onion article but rarely ever play out in real life. It is generally easy to sort out who is going to use information for nafarious purposes and you just avoid thoes people or keep your interaction with them strictly professional.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:28 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,145,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
And you know what about being an adult MAN?

You are on here seriously saying that no man has ever asked asked you, "Hey Sol, what you doing for the weekend?". Seriously? Really? Right.
if we become friends. Not if we are coworkers

Old 10-17-2011, 05:39 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,552,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
I'm amazed at how people make the biggest deal out of the smallest things. Do you really let a simple question about what you're doing on the weekend completely ruin your day? What a stupid thing to whine about.
Would be nice if you sometimes take time to read first instead of jumping in and comment. Nobody said their day is completely ruined because of this. We find the question annoying because it's really not genuine. Some of us have no time for phony people.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:48 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,039,291 times
Say;none of youyr buisness and I bet you wouldn;t be asked again at least by that co-worker. But then agian you may not be ask much of anyhtig by anyone. Why so annoyed when it likely just chit =-chat ;weekend offf tsl?Say nthig special if it bothers you and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment