Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:34 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,077,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotcrystal View Post
I didn't know you had to be a meteorologist to post what the weather is like. If you want specific scientific data about weather then maybe you should be checking out a different website.
My observations about the weather are from my day to day life
( like how my daughter's soccer games have been rained out and cold the past two years, where the year before I remember sitting out in a tank top.)

Sorry, I must have offended you. I didn't know my opinion of where I live would make someone boo me.
I'm just so sick and tired of hearing this. No, Wisconsin is not getting colder! We have yet to set any record lows this summer, therefore I can't comprehend where people are getting this from. Weather patterns fluctuate over the course of many years. Remember El Niño? Well guess what, it's back and will be here until next spring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 08:09 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,868,298 times
Actually, are you sure? I bet we have set a few records last month. I heard a stat on the news that the nation as a whole set 3000 low temperature records for July.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
Actually, are you sure? I bet we have set a few records last month. I heard a stat on the news that the nation as a whole set 3000 low temperature records for July.
The Twin Cities have been in the 90's all summer long, the Earth isn't getting any colder.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:48 AM

570 posts, read 1,753,781 times
Quote:
I heard a stat on the news that the nation as a whole set 3000 low temperature records for July.
Arizona definately wasn't a contributor. The daily average high has been over 110 for 7 weeks now.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
I re-read your post and the last part just doesn't add up. How could the nation "as a whole" possibly have set 3,000 record low temperatures in one summer, when there are only 90 days in summer and summer's not even over yet? I could see 3,000 separate cities setting record lows so far this year, but the nation 'as a whole" is a singular entity.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:53 AM

3 posts, read 6,513 times
Hi,
I am living in San Diego. I came from Chicago and had a lake house their in Cecil. I can not tell you how wonderful this weather is here. Take into account this:
No high utilities, both gas and electric are on the same bill SDGE. If you are fairly close to the ocean, you very selfom need heat and a/c.
No need for all that winter clothing, unless you want to visit Big Bear Mountain. I leave my winter coat at my childrens home in the Chicago suburbs.
Mosquitos> what is that
Ragweed> Have none
Snow Equipment> Have none
House Taxex> last time I looked was 1%
Food cost is comparible to midwest.
Winter here the temp may plummet to a crisp 40degrees however by 11o your in shorts.
Now this is nice> you can just walk out the house door, no prep for how many layers to where, deice the car, shovel the driveway,uncover the battery of the car etc.
Oh, if you do want snow, you need to go to Jullian, Lake Arrowhead, or Big Bear about 1+ hours away.
Close proximity to Vegas 4hours, Palm Springs 2hours, Mexico 45min (would pass on that for now) Phoenix 6hours, LA one hours etc.
Flowers are out all the time
Oh, almost forgot, that bright light that is in the sky (sun) it is here 99% of the time.
I guess you can tell, I love it here. Do miss the home area a little, but only the people and the few days of decent weather.
If anyone want to know more about San Diego let me know. I came in Oct 96.

Thanks for reading,

Old 08-08-2009, 12:48 PM

3 posts, read 6,513 times
Can anyone tell me about Cecil or Shawano Wi? Or does anyone here go there?

Old 08-09-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemdm View Post
Can anyone tell me about Cecil or Shawano Wi? Or does anyone here go there?
I thought you were familiar with the area, didn't you just say yo used to own a lake house there?

Old 08-09-2009, 07:49 PM

330 posts, read 878,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemdm View Post
Hi,
I am living in San Diego. I came from Chicago and had a lake house their in Cecil. I can not tell you how wonderful this weather is here. Take into account this:
No high utilities, both gas and electric are on the same bill SDGE. If you are fairly close to the ocean, you very selfom need heat and a/c.
No need for all that winter clothing, unless you want to visit Big Bear Mountain. I leave my winter coat at my childrens home in the Chicago suburbs.
Mosquitos> what is that
Ragweed> Have none
Winter here the temp may plummet to a crisp 40degrees however by 11o your in shorts.
Now this is nice> you can just walk out the house door, no prep for how many layers to where, deice the car, shovel the driveway,uncover the battery of the car etc.
Oh, if you do want snow, you need to go to Jullian, Lake Arrowhead, or Big Bear about 1+ hours away.
Close proximity to Vegas 4hours, Palm Springs 2hours, Mexico 45min (would pass on that for now) Phoenix 6hours, LA one hours etc.
Oh, almost forgot, that bright light that is in the sky (sun) it is here 99% of the time.
I guess you can tell, I love it here. Do miss the home area a little, but only the people and the few days of decent weather.

Thanks for reading,
Lucky. Hope to be as lucky as you one day.

But with all the nice outdoor stuff and natural scenery, do you ever take it for granted? Human nature takes a lot of things for granted. Also do you have time to enjoy it? With work and all?

I'm jealous....and it's not even winter where I'm at.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:38 AM

570 posts, read 1,753,781 times
Quote:
Hi,
Mosquitos> what is that
Ragweed> Have none
How much would it cost me in San Diego to have my 160 acres with green grass, trees, and my own river and creek like I have in Wisconsin? Would it still be nice and peaceful there with no crime, sirens, crowds, and traffic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin