Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:01 PM

3 posts, read 8,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsiderider520 View Post
gangs in wausau, ha ha lol all there is in wausau is fakes some people act like there tough cause chicago and milwaukee are nearby but, there is no gangs here.None.

There are gangs pretty much anywhere. I know of one major gang in the Wausau area and I don't even luive there. It is some Asian gang I know it is there because where I live in Fond du Lac, some kids are apart of it. And to awnser ylour question maybe Fond du Lac, Oshkosh, or Sheboygan areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 05:34 AM

1 posts, read 997 times
[quote=No1footballmom;3562053]Angie,

I just moved back to Superior (born and raised here) from Stevens Point / Plover area. I'm going to suggest you look towards something like Oshkosh / Appleton or in that area. The reason I suggest this is because my husband worked in the field of and worked with juvenile delinquents. There was much talk and experience with a large problem developing AND getting out of hand with Asian gangs in Wausau.

Now I'm NOT saying Wausau is the plague and should be avoided (for those who live there..) I'm just saying it has it's issues. I also was not impressed with the "industrial" feel of the area. It always seemed to me when I went through that it was more of a "industrial" area and was...and seemed...well almost dirty when I came off the off ramps and went into the town...NO offense Wausau - just something you might want to talk to your city planners about and how to make the city more "appealing" to someone passing through. Also maybe how to give those areas a "face-lift". They've done it here in Superior over the past few years and wow does it make a difference!

There IS a lot of shopping lots of varieties, etc in Wausau and they do put on a nice fair during the summer.

Thats what I can tell you about Wausau and my experience with it and like I said, I think Oshkosh / Appleton area really appealed to me more and I have a friend who lives in a small town just outside of it (so she's accessable to all the good things) and she LOVES it.

Good luck on your decision. I hope you enjoy where-ever you live. [/QUOTE

i know this thread is old...but lady..superior is a dead retirement town...hey im asian and heck superior ppl are racist..i lived there for 7 years and had nothing but trouble...even the police are pricks...wausau dirty?? superior is even dirtier....roads are never patched and pot holes every where..only nice thing about superior is UWS and walmart...superior is filled with drunks..drug abusers, sex offenders, you name it..superior is one of the small towns i do not recommend...you will get bored fast, and jobs are limited unless you want to be a walmart associates as a career...duluth even has better offers, but thats mn...superior will always look the same, the way it did 15 years ago..still the same look today..no changes...did you know superior and duluth were supposed to progress into big cities? but the population of 70% drunks...superior has nothing to offer..you will get bored of superior within 1 year hey 5 months even..so what if they have the big lake..its contaminated anyways...so much for northland cleanliness...city roads are crap, takes 4 years to fix a pot hole...

anyways, wausau is nice, not the best place in the world. ppl here are nice, respectful, whole origin of race, nationality..not just a town full of hicks...sorry...no offence superior...wausau is an ok place...kind of dead once in a while...but theres always town activities that involves everyone every resident..not like superior that just have the police go around giving tickets and collecting fines for county expense...even the police here are forgiving and respectful...believe me..superior sucks! no offense superior
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin