Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 03:32 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Schlumberger Wireline has a strict no felonies policy, well services is a *little* more flexible but not much. A lot of companies it depends on how old the felony is, what it was for, how many you have, etc. The smaller companies will likely be easier to get a job with, the national companies will likely have a legal or risk department that decides what guidelines they have for hiring those with felonies or misdemeanors.
I would agree with you. The smaller players and more remote facilities may be more forgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 03:33 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer71 View Post
Oildog,

Is there also available work in Texas? What about the Eagle Ford Shale? At least down there one wouldn't freeze to death!
I've heard there is some, but there are many applicants down here already. Go ahead and check it out.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:10 AM

7 posts, read 23,771 times
My husband applied direct and there were thorough background checks and drug tests. He's been there since april and loves it. He likes all the guys and the company treats everyone good. He lives in a mancamp for his 15 on and they feed him etc so he's well taken care of...yes he works hard and its long hours but it definitely supports our family of 8 and we have no complaints.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:34 AM

81 posts, read 202,760 times
I got a job with a smaller company and I have a felony. As far as the big companies go, don't even apply. They turned me down as soon as I said the word felony.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:25 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times
Is the oil companies hiring mainly people under 40 years old? I'm 51 and wondering if have a chance.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:44 AM

581 posts, read 2,215,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Is the oil companies hiring mainly people under 40 years old? I'm 51 and wondering if have a chance.
It depends on what you are looking to do. I'm sure a drilling rig or casing crew isn't the place to be at 51 but there are plenty of other jobs out here. I work with some truck drivers that are 60-65 years old and handle the work very well.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:55 AM

589 posts, read 300,195 times
Was wondering if there are any positions and what positions would fit for a young fit and slender 40yr old who has absolutely no oilfield expereince or construction experience but with a CDL A with only less then a month driving OTR several years ago and might need a refresher course if I have to drive a semi again.

I was looking for entry level trainee position with ability to grow and kept me working with plenty of hours. Looks like from my research, the only entry level would be a roustabout, are they the same as a general labor? What type of license is needed for water tanker drivers? All inputs are greatley appreciated. TIA.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:05 PM

581 posts, read 2,215,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
Was wondering if there are any positions and what positions would fit for a young fit and slender 40yr old who has absolutely no oilfield expereince or construction experience but with a CDL A with only less then a month driving OTR several years ago and might need a refresher course if I have to drive a semi again.

I was looking for entry level trainee position with ability to grow and kept me working with plenty of hours. Looks like from my research, the only entry level would be a roustabout, are they the same as a general labor? What type of license is needed for water tanker drivers? All inputs are greatley appreciated. TIA.

Go to Halliburton, Schlumberger, Cal Frac, or Frac Tech. At least there you will use your CDL. Roustabouts are mainly non cdl laborer type guys.

Water haulers need class A cdl with tanker endorsement. Most of the potable water/septic guys run straight trucks and just need a class b.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:27 PM

589 posts, read 300,195 times
Thanks for the response kychlo. I checked out the companies you listed but didn't find much as far as entry level trainee type positions. Although I do have a tanker endorsement, I haven't driven a semi for awhile now and when I did, I only did it for a very limited time. I would feel much safer in a straight truck, although, if they worked with me on the semi, I wouldn't mind. I also saw an electronic technician position but seems like they are looking for experience. It would be great if they had something like that and trained you on the job. I mentioned roustabout since I'm willing to start anywhere and work hard while making good money. I would also gain experience since I really don't have any experience in the field. Thanks again.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:17 PM

11 posts, read 36,397 times
try rigzone.. System one.. 40 rig hands needed immediately.. post oct 27,2011... Its the hardest of all the jobs but pays the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston