Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:45 PM

165 posts, read 884,452 times

Advertisements

Ahhh, sadly a Walmart slated in Weaverville.

Also the News-Record & Sentinel,weekly paper of Madison is a good source of local info n' stuff.

I have the Asheville Daily Planet and the N-R&S coming to us in FL while we prepare for our move to Madison......

If I meditate in the mornings with the News-Record & Sentinel on my head my whole day in Madison-ized..

News-Record & Sentinel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 AM

442 posts, read 1,509,770 times
Ed - If I visit the Madison County websites I have bookmarked each day - I get Madisonized as well - I know exactly what you mean...We are headed there this weekend - Have you been to the Farmer's Market in Mars Hill? AH breakfast at the Well-Bred bakery and a visit to the Farmer's Market - sounds like a good day. We are also going to SART to see a play - have you been yet?

Old 07-29-2007, 07:23 AM

3 posts, read 21,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenista View Post
Yes, Madison County does have locals... one of the few places left in NC with any. But it is also a thriving artist and organic farming community. More and more people are moving in that have interests other than moonshine. There are art galleries, antique shops, a fantastic Farmer's Market, restaurants that serve some "city food". There is a yoga/pilates studio, condos overlooking the river, cappucino, a coupla gyms, rafting/canoeing, oh, the list goes on. It has changed alot since 1986. Perfectly safe place to venture into. We'd love to have you.
Perfectly SAFE place to VENTURE into? Right.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:42 PM

165 posts, read 884,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname23 View Post
Perfectly SAFE place to VENTURE into? Right.
No, unsafe, stay away.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:57 PM

2 posts, read 9,933 times
Smile From Marshall, NC

Hi,

I'm a 19 yr resident of Marshall - I love it, though it is starting to develop. It is a beautiful place, right now I'm at our beautiful new library.

You've got to like friendly, small town life, though. If you do, this is the best place to be. I work in Asheville which is booming, but wouldnt care if I never had to go there.

My e-mail is pammacncnj@aol.com, let me know if you're still interested in Marshall!

Pam M.

Last edited by mm34b; 07-31-2007 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: Deleted advertising content.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 4,025 times
Default countrygirlpc

Hey! This is a message to chickenista. I am from fl, but I lived in the mountains of Tenn. for 5 years. Not to far from Marshall a little place called Hampton. I have been trying to get back to them every since I left.
I went on vacation up to the mountian last April and I was also looking at properties for sale through that part of the country. Well I found 10 acres in Marshall, I spent 3 days in the quiet little town and did my research on the property that I had found. Well to get to the point I bought it. I fell in love right away. You are saying that the town is growing to fast for you and that is why you are leaving the area? Do you really think that development is coming to the area that soon?

Old 09-26-2007, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 5,526 times
Hi, jumping in . Turning the page a little...we are considering owning a small business there in Marshall, moving from Asheville. We have two small children, is it a suitable place to raise kids? This will pretty much be our life if we choose to run a bus. there.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:25 AM

10 posts, read 32,608 times
Thumbs up moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed&Betty View Post
Ahhh, sadly a Walmart slated in Weaverville.

Also the News-Record & Sentinel,weekly paper of Madison is a good source of local info n' stuff.

I have the Asheville Daily Planet and the N-R&S coming to us in FL while we prepare for our move to Madison......

If I meditate in the mornings with the News-Record & Sentinel on my head my whole day in Madison-ized..

News-Record & Sentinel
we are moving from florida as well orlando which has become very crowded and not the town we moved to 25 years ago. i want the peaceful ness of the country small town feel

Old 10-04-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Arts Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyDabby View Post
we are moving from florida as well orlando which has become very crowded and not the town we moved to 25 years ago. i want the peaceful ness of the country small town feel

there is an art festival at lake eden called leaf it is the 13th,14,15 i believe. Ihave heard it is Wonderful. we are coming up to n.c. we have purchased land near walnut creek,so after the festival we will be working on that. we will temporarily be getting a trailer(which bothered me at first)but is only a small piece of the big picture until the house is finished but we are not staying in it til the summer .i fell in love with the land and the little town.i am getting older and as a kid i wanted to be grizzley adams or mrs grizzley.i currently do pet rescue in Orlando .i hope to have alapacas in marshall.i hope i dont have to set up a gun rack.my daughter lived in asheville for 2 years and then came back here to orlando to help when my mom got sick, sadly my mom passed and we have my dad who is 91 and want the peacefulness of the mountains.so hopefully its changed some in those years or we can be some of the pioneers........

Old 10-04-2007, 10:47 AM

i am new at this but i am moving from fl and bought some acres as well.i dont think its going to grow to fast but a little adversity is always good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina