Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:04 PM

26 posts, read 128,390 times

Advertisements

I am looking into Asheville as well I have family thar moved there and says it is nice but if the
comment that the native guy made about the doctor octagons comment is any sign on how the natives are there..I just mean wow that was just a little rude and uncalled for..[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 10:23 AM

765 posts, read 2,575,770 times
Shell71--he's like that all the time to everyone. He's on a one-man mission to discourage anyone from moving to WNC. He thinks that he can turn back the clock and save Asheville for the natives. However, I think that genie is out of the bottle.

Basically, like most cities there are pockets of crime--just look at the crime stats website given above and you'll see them and they're generally associated with Pisgah View, Hillcrest, Deaver View, Klondyke, Lee Walker Heights (all public housing) and a few areas downtown. Be aware of where the crime is and don't take risks like standing around on a street corner in those areas at 2 AM waiting to become a statistic.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:25 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,622,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell71 View Post
I am looking into Asheville as well I have family thar moved there and says it is nice but if the
comment that the native guy made about the doctor octagons comment is any sign on how the natives are there..I just mean wow that was just a little rude and uncalled for..[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
Why are *facts* and real data seen as rude and uncalled for?

I have talked to people that moved here and unknowingly bought in a high crime area, and are very unhappy. I bet they would have loved for someone to "rudely tell them the facts about an area", or better yet give them a valid resource where they can view the data posted by the Asheville Police Department and make their own decisions based on "facts" and not an anonymous persons 'not to worry, it's all good' comment.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:49 PM

283 posts, read 1,294,078 times
The real criminals in Asheville are the unmarked tow truck drivers and the secretly marked "no parking" spots. Sheesh!

Old 08-07-2009, 11:54 AM

7 posts, read 12,153 times
dont bother to close your doors, and just get a few big family dogs. the ones i had, mortally wounded three out of fourneighborhood criminals, when they tried to break in a nice new place up north(there was blood covering everything), so big locks and doors dont mean anything, but if someone came in while i was gone.... they were tail and tongue wagging doofuses. lol

Old 08-07-2009, 08:03 PM

79 posts, read 360,029 times
ps do most people there have guns?

The one's that aren't worried about crime do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina