Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 08:07 AM

526 posts, read 459,511 times

Advertisements

Sorry folks but I didn't read the entire thread but do agree drivers on cell phones are bad and should be ticketed! I if the call has to last past I'm driving will pull over.

But there is something worse right her in Henderson County that is more dangerous and if you look will see it EVERYDAY by our elderly drivers, DOGS. I had a nice old 4x4 totaled recently, low mileage, not a scratch and ran PERFECT by an old man from fla who was playing with his dog that jumped on him and he hit me right in the passengers side door. If anyone was sitting there they would be dead because he hit the gas and the door was pushed into all the way to the console. I had to argue with the ST to ticket him and he finally did.
I have since this had a guy on 64 by Wally World actually stop traffic while making a left because he was kissing is dog which was sitting on his steering wheel and he couldn't turn it. Yup he nearly wiped out several cars.
Now that I look I see this everyday!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 08:29 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,878,985 times
you can't ticket drivers for cell phone us while driving. just texting is illegal, not talking. I wish both was illegal.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:43 PM

474 posts, read 839,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Just arrived home via I-40. I passed a women going under the speed limit in the left hand lane intently staring at her screen while driving. Unbelievable
People around here get weird when you pass them on the right. Three times recently I've passed someone going under the speed limit in the left hand lane they've sped up and passed me back, sometimes aggressively.

Old 10-10-2016, 05:20 PM

695 posts, read 996,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Anyone else notice this in Asheville? Seems to me that it's getting pretty bad nowadays.
It's everywhere. Too many distracted drivers, causing accidents, sometimes fatal.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:06 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,814,454 times
I had three instances on back roads today where the car coming towards me was completely across the center line on a curve and almost hit me. Last one was a big pick up truck that didn't even make the effort to try to get back into his own lane. What is the deal with these drivers? Do they not teach this stuff in drivers ed anymore? Stay on your side of the road! Sheesh.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:26 PM

3 posts, read 2,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVT View Post
Watch my dashcam videos on YouTube. Search "Bad Drivers of Asheville". You'll find an example of almost everything mentioned in this thread, plus more. I've almost got enough material for a fourth one. Note: If bad language offends you, then you might want to skip the videos. Or at least cover the bottom part of the screen so you can't see my comments.

I know this thread is super old - but I'm new here and just catching up. I have to say RVT that your videos are everything!! When we first moved here we lived on the north end of NLH and I feared for my life nearly every day. Now, I grew up in Los Angeles for crying out loud and I'd give anything to drive on the 405 everyday instead of NLH/Patton. You've inspired me to dust off my hubs old gopro and start doing my own vids. I thought I was in the minority thinking the driving here is just out of control. I drove behind a Subaru outback from the Airport Rd end of Sweeten Creek all the way into Biltmore Village and watched him/her (couldn't tell) have nearly 5 head on collisions, 3 wheel drops and 10 rear end accidents. They were swerving all over, then coming right up on cars before slamming on their brakes to stop. I called 911 once and then APD with the plate number and everything and no one cared. I never saw one police vehicle the entire drive or I would have flagged them down. I finally had to turn around because I actually passed my destination in hopes of seeing any law enforcement of any kind to flag them down. I was surprised that I didn't hear of a fatal accident that night on the news. And that's just one incident of many. Anyone who gets through a day in the Avl area without an accident is a fortunate soul. I've never seen anything like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina