Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2008, 10:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,514 times

Advertisements

I have Virgin Mobile and have now discovered that they don't have service in Hayesville ...What cell phones work...does anyone know? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 07:34 PM

6 posts, read 19,873 times
Smile cell phone service in Hayesville

Well kiddo, NOW I can answer your query: Verizon rules. I am negotiating a small property here, even as we speak (so to say). I picked this little town out some time back, but it wasn't until this past week was I able to pull out of New Orleans and actually get to know it. I went east as far as Bat Cave NC (had to see that one) and stayed in Hendersonville -- nice town too -- south of Asheville, but its like Atlanta, the prices and the population grow apace. This is a beautiful area and the people have been wonderful -- I've had connection problems all week, and after many ' amateur techie's' kind checking, that the answer came - via the tea and crumpet shop who told me about the computer center who not only gave me the new USB (or whatever) it needed, but gave me the skinny who to see, when, and where, about everything from county officials to contractors. It is THAT kind of place, got all I need: bookstores (2, no 'Christian' types), Art Supplies, writers group, little theatre, nice library and it is just what I'd hoped it would be. DO take time, y'all who may read this, to BE there - talk to different locals -- you can get a real feel for a place and, 'if its love', go for it! Oh, DSL works best, I'm told but any 'net connection goes through Verizon equipment. DSL has a range here of 2000 ft - has to be within that to get 'outside.' So, KNOW your future address and go ask. Best of luck to you!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:37 PM

6 posts, read 19,873 times
Smile cell phone service in Hayesville

just wrote a whole bunch but think I lost it before it could select. Just know this: VERIZON rules it all, even DSL from other providers have to go through their equipment, but even with the terrian, it works pretty good. This is a wonderful town and I hope to live here soon and for a long time. Best of luck.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:24 PM

93 posts, read 371,348 times
We go stay in Murphy quite a bit and have not had any problems with Cingular. Hope you enjoy Hayesville.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:01 AM

58 posts, read 212,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysDreamer View Post
We go stay in Murphy quite a bit and have not had any problems with Cingular. Hope you enjoy Hayesville.
I think KD means AT&T. Enjoy Hayesville, the area up there is certainly beautiful.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,583 times
Verizon is the best for most of the area, but there is a new cingular tower in Shooting Creek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina