Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 07:10 PM

10 posts, read 18,246 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any recommendations for nice apartments in Boone? I don't want to rent a house or live in a predominately undergraduate community. I'm not too worried about the cost of rent right now, I'd just like to find something quiet (grad students/professionals), clean, and up-to-date. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 AM

100 posts, read 317,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k12nc View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations for nice apartments in Boone? I don't want to rent a house or live in a predominately undergraduate community. I'm not too worried about the cost of rent right now, I'd just like to find something quiet (grad students/professionals), clean, and up-to-date. Thanks.
hmmm I was wondering the same thing.
I tried craigslist but all the apartments appear geared towared the college kids, but I'm sure they would be accepting to families too.
What I liked about the apartments in Boone is their pet policies. They are very pet friendly.

I too have been considering a move to a Boone out of Asheville, because I like more snow, skiing and such. I wonder if there is good cross country skiing around Boone? Snowmobiling is probably not likely with Boone's lack of fields and lack of consistent snow pack.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:01 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,573,024 times
The carriage trails near Cone Manor (just off the Blue Ridge Parkway) are very good for cross country sking.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:12 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,527,746 times
For non-student rentals, try condos or townhomes rather than apts. They are less likely to be full of undergrads. Also try Mountain Times classifieds in addition to Craigslist. Also google "property management Boone NC" Even though the property management companies are most likely geared toward student rentals, I'd guess that most of them would also have non-student rentals as well.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:06 PM

910 posts, read 1,318,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipticX View Post
hmmm I was wondering the same thing.
I tried craigslist but all the apartments appear geared towared the college kids, but I'm sure they would be accepting to families too.

Pretty much any apartment building in Boone is going to have undergrad students; it's a fact of life there. Avoid at all costs App South and Holton Mountain.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,441 times
Smile housing needed

looking for a 2 bedroom house in boone nc we had to leave lenoir nc beacause the house we lived in was sold had to move to boone and having to pay high rent because of so many students nothing available with in our range we r only living on social security need housing bad 600.00 to 700email me at [email]belavhouck@yahoo.com[/email] if anyone sees something for rent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina