Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 06:23 PM

10 posts, read 18,248 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information on the apartment complex in Boone called, The Lofts at University Place? Besides their website, there seems to be zero reviews on the property, which is kinda unusual... I'd just like to know if the apartments are worth the price they charge for rent, is it mostly undergrads or graduate students, etc?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 11:42 AM

83 posts, read 266,210 times
Hi, I work in a building beside The Lofts and they seem like a good place to live. It is mainly college students, but I do notice a couple of older adults coming out of the building and getting on the appalcart. It is very convenient to town, and has an appalcart stop right in front of the building. They allow pets, but you have to take them to the designated area outside. ASU's human resource office is moving directly across the street, and another ASU office is on up the hill, so it's mostly employee traffic going in and out, with some student traffic, since they have some classes in the University Hall Building. I know the ASU police patrol our parking lot on a regular basis, so that is some added safety. I haven't been inside one of them, though. In my opinion, they are a little pricey, but I think all of the apartments in Boone are pricey. That's why I live 25 miles away and commute.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,235 times
The Lofts at University Hall is a nice, fairly new apartment building in Boone. Everything about the building and tenants is great, but Madge (the landlord who lives there) likes to make up rules not written in the lease, and will enter your apartment without prior notice, which I'm fairly certain is trespassing. She can be very short with explanations, if you're lucky enough to get an explanation at all. While I lived there, I talked to several other tenants who also felt that she was constantly 'looking over their shoulder,' making them feel uncomfortable and vulnerable. Overall, the Lofts is a pretty nice place, but I moved out because of the overbearing landlord.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,290 times
Smile The Lofts

Hi,
In response to the comment above. Nothing that was written is true. The Lofts at University Hall are a wonderful place to live with mature, drama free neighbors. We all abide by and sign a written set of Rules and Regulations. If a tenant violates the Rules more than two times they are asked to leave or not invited to resign a lease for another year. If there is an issue or question or a need, the answer is always yes. We help our tenants is they graduate in December or May to find replacements from our waiting list. It's an easy collaboration. Our maintenance man does not walk in unannounced. Ever. He gives notice that he is there or coming at a certain time. There is a long waiting list and we do not advertise because there are a constant stream of referrals from previous tenants. The people who live at the Lofts are mostly professional or graduate students. We are kind and respectful to each other. End of story.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:42 AM

1,737 posts, read 2,573,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdillard View Post
Hi,
In response to the comment above. Nothing that was written is true. The Lofts at University Hall are a wonderful place to live with mature, drama free neighbors. We all abide by and sign a written set of Rules and Regulations. If a tenant violates the Rules more than two times they are asked to leave or not invited to resign a lease for another year. If there is an issue or question or a need, the answer is always yes. We help our tenants is they graduate in December or May to find replacements from our waiting list. It's an easy collaboration. Our maintenance man does not walk in unannounced. Ever. He gives notice that he is there or coming at a certain time. There is a long waiting list and we do not advertise because there are a constant stream of referrals from previous tenants. The people who live at the Lofts are mostly professional or graduate students. We are kind and respectful to each other. End of story.
So that means we shouldn't hear other opinions?

Old 01-07-2017, 05:50 AM

2,495 posts, read 1,871,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
So that means we shouldn't hear other opinions?
I'm assuming that was Madge "speaking". If so, no.....she wouldn't want other opinions.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:12 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,957 times
Opinions are worth what you pay for them. Disgruntled renters will always have an ax to grind. People are usually quicker to post negatives than positives. Property managers will always paint a rosy picture. The truth is sometimes in the middle, but not always. Bottom line... take everything on the internet with a grain of salt.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:57 AM

1,912 posts, read 3,224,804 times
Hi Madge!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina