Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:46 AM

88 posts, read 246,910 times

Advertisements

I saw this home for sale in weirton and it was very cheap,nice photos,remodeled,property taxes were higher than other places I looked at that were selling at a higher price(I thought that was strange) Now,it did not say under contract it said CONTRACT(bold lettering)home.Can anyone tell me what this means?also does weirton have flooding problems?Any info.will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 09:22 AM

55 posts, read 235,719 times
Could just be a misprint. I think I would contact whomever wrote the listing information. I am rather familiar with the real estate business, and have never seen a listing like that, although I see "under contract" all of the time.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:58 AM

Thanks snowshoemtnman,you are probably right about misprint.Can you tell me if flooding is a problem there?I am presently in NM and husband passed three yrs.ago so I am looking to move up that way to be closer to granddaughter,she is in NY and there is no way I can afford to live in NY again so I figure within a days drive.The property taxes in NY are out of hand and every yr.the school taxes keep going up.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:47 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,233,956 times
I did a little Googling, and found the term "Land Contract", as a form or variation of owner financing. Basically, the difference between that and a conventional sale is that the owner retains title until the loan is paid off.

Don't know if that's what they're referring to or not. As said in the other reply, give 'em a call and ask.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:23 AM

Thanks again.I will do that

Old 03-30-2008, 11:17 AM

55 posts, read 235,719 times
Iluvmypets, I can't help you with the flooding issues around Weirton, since I don't live in that area of the state. In regard to the land contract, West Virginia is a Deed of Trust state, which virtually eliminates the need for a land contract to acquire real estate through owner financing. Generally the owner just transfers title, and the buyer conveys a deed of trust to an agent of the owner, generally the attorney who prepared the documents for closing. The seller in this case becomes the lender, and holds the mortgage note, which of course has the conditions of making payments and the terms of the financing. The Deed of Trust would dictate the terms of any default.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:00 AM

423 posts, read 1,236,839 times
iluvmypets - i grew up in the weirton, hancock county area and can say that there are not alot of flooding issues for you to deal with there. that said, i guess that it's always possible that you'll buy a house right alongside a stream that may have occassional flooding issues. assuming that you're referring to the ohio river ..... no problems.

you mentioned that you are moving to be closer to your grandaughter, who is located in new york state. pennsylvania is a big state. i guess that it depends on where in new york you have to travel to, but it's a long drive from weirton. have you checked out pennsylvania or western maryland?

Old 04-11-2008, 01:14 AM

13 posts, read 55,212 times
Default Weirton is a great place!!

Hello. My wife and I moved here last august. We love it. Houses here are usually quite affordable. We're talking two story, older but nice, houses $68,000. Lots of great houses for sale now in Weirton especially here in Marland Heights where we live. People here are amazingly friendly too. Great place to raise a family too. Marland Heights where I live will NEVER flood. It is up on the hill well above downtown Weirton and the river like 600 feet above the river. Trust me we will never flood up here nor will Weirton Heights...unless its the end of the world Visit Welcome to Top Of WV.Com or ask me if you have ???

Dave
Weirton, WV

Old 04-15-2008, 06:24 PM

dcgrayson,thanks for the info.,I plan on visiting the area the beginning of May.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,415 times
Default Question for Graysons

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgrayson View Post
Hello. My wife and I moved here last august. We love it. Houses here are usually quite affordable. We're talking two story, older but nice, houses $68,000. Lots of great houses for sale now in Weirton especially here in Marland Heights where we live. People here are amazingly friendly too. Great place to raise a family too. Marland Heights where I live will NEVER flood. It is up on the hill well above downtown Weirton and the river like 600 feet above the river. Trust me we will never flood up here nor will Weirton Heights...unless its the end of the world Visit [URL="http://www.topofwv.com"]Welcome to Top Of WV.Com[/URL] or ask me if you have ???

Dave
Weirton, WV

Hello, Mr. Grayson, saw your post although dated in 2008, wondering if you are still in this forum and might answer a couple questions...ie are you still satisfied with your move to Weirton and any advice about relocation there...we are currently living in Reykjavik due to my employment but getting ready to retire and had chosen Weirton...would like to find out any pertinent info to smooth the move lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia