Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 09:02 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,989,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Feel so sorry for my mum. She bought her audi and paid over £30,000 and it keeps breaking down. Mever buy an audi!
Never buy a European car, period, unless you are wealthy enough (like your parents) and can afford the frequent breakdowns. Except if it's a Volvo

Old 11-08-2013, 09:11 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,830,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Never buy a European car, period, unless you are wealthy enough (like your parents) and can afford the frequent breakdowns. Except if it's a Volvo
What!? BMW and Audi are usually very reliable, it's the French manufacturers that tend to have problems over here.

My last car was an Audi and it was bullet proof, I never had a problem at all. It was just extremely boring! I've had to replace my tyres on my BMW, but that's it.
I will only buy German cars from now on, but then I haven't experienced any problems.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:45 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,923,027 times
Quote:
Well the last bill was £800. Then it broke doen again.
Its not worth it.

Like you say unless you are rich. Which we aren't.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:15 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,872,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
Rather have this?

Buxton's November so far.
We've had exactly the same here: Synop report summary

Old 11-08-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
What!? BMW and Audi are usually very reliable, it's the French manufacturers that tend to have problems over here.

My last car was an Audi and it was bullet proof, I never had a problem at all. It was just extremely boring! I've had to replace my tyres on my BMW, but that's it.
I will only buy German cars from now on, but then I haven't experienced any problems.
Seems like Euro cars in Europe tend to be hit or miss. They're either really good or really bad. Euro cars here tend to be pretty bad. Almost always they require expensive repairs on the automatic transmission or bad engine sensors

Quote:
Well the last bill was £800. Then it broke doen again.
Its not worth it.

Like you say unless you are rich. Which we aren't.
Yep. Personally, if I wanted something that I know is reliable and holds it's value the best over the long run, I buy Japanese. A 10 year old Toyota with 100k miles on the odometer still fetches several grand here. European cars like that are expensive here, too, but they lost $30k of their value in 10 years, Japanese cars lost only $6-$7k over that time period and conditions. The oldest running cars on the road here (newer than 1990) almost always tend to be a Ford pickup truck or a small Toyota or Honda car

Old 11-08-2013, 04:02 PM

414 posts, read 800,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Overcast View Post
Perth Forecast

Melbourne Forecast

In the words of Bart Simpson, Get bent.
I actually feel that on this occasion your wrath is justified, a full week with perhaps no 20C days is crazy for this time of year. But being a cold lover I'm jealous of that forecast, while I recoil in horror at Perth's.

Here in Sh!tney we're still getting regular bouts of heat, yesterday was 39C in the outer west and today will complete a 3 day run of temps over 30C at this and most other locales. A massive fail whale from the Bureau today, we have already exceeded the forecast max of 27C before 10 AM local time.

Not to mention that any rain and storms are "fail whaling" off to the north, south, east and west. We'll be lucky if we get 10 mm from this upcoming "rain event", sigh. Meanwhile Smellbourne and HoFart get days of the liquid gold... this is the whinge thread is it not?

Old 11-08-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Seems like Euro cars in Europe tend to be hit or miss. They're either really good or really bad. Euro cars here tend to be pretty bad. Almost always they require expensive repairs on the automatic transmission or bad engine sensors

Yep. Personally, if I wanted something that I know is reliable and holds it's value the best over the long run, I buy Japanese. A 10 year old Toyota with 100k miles on the odometer still fetches several grand here. European cars like that are expensive here, too, but they lost $30k of their value in 10 years, Japanese cars lost only $6-$7k over that time period and conditions. The oldest running cars on the road here (newer than 1990) almost always tend to be a Ford pickup truck or a small Toyota or Honda car
Aye, well think she wants to replace it with a BMW. Bmws are better I think. Ours rarely break down in the past.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Cold rain again.

Stupid ****e, why can't it even be wet snow!? Sigh

Old 11-08-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Aye, well think she wants to replace it with a BMW. Bmws are better I think. Ours rarely break down in the past.
I heard BMWs are decent. It's usually Mercedes and VW/Audi here that gets the bad rep. I don't know about over there.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:42 PM

688 posts, read 843,081 times
Just putting on my jumper on another cold and overcast Povember day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather