Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 07:57 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,823,784 times

Advertisements

Holy s***!!

When I visit my sister in Brisbane, I'm definitely coming down to Melbourne to have a few beers, and more importantly, eat some of that amazing looking man V food burgers and nachos with you!

Glorious.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:58 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,612,139 times
I hate onions.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:06 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,837,564 times
In that sandwich thing, what's in it? Obviously cheese and jalapeños on top, but peppers, pickled cucumber (?), ham, onion... What is that yellow? Cheddar cheese? And is the meat bacon?

Have to try that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I hate onions.
You hate beer, football and onions. What the hell is wrong with you?

Old 04-03-2014, 08:07 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,612,139 times
I hate peppers, cucumbers, gherkins, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage and most vegetables in general.

It's mostly the texture of onions that I don't like. They remind me of worms.

Beer is just nasty, and football is really boring.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:21 AM

13,492 posts, read 9,043,793 times
I always make chilli loaded nachos, smothered in grated cheese & sour cream

It is my 'signature' dish that my friends always want me to make... nom

Old 04-03-2014, 08:39 AM

242 posts, read 262,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
Holy s***!!

When I visit my sister in Brisbane, I'm definitely coming down to Melbourne to have a few beers, and more importantly, eat some of that amazing looking man V food burgers and nachos with you!

Glorious.
You're most welcome to join me dude! Man vs Food is not a show you watch hungry I've gotten a good few ideas from that show that have turned out to be awesome, my nachos being one of them that was actually a Man vs Food idea!

Quote:
I hate onions.
Blasphemy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
In that sandwich thing, what's in it? Obviously cheese and jalapeños on top, but peppers, pickled cucumber (?), ham, onion... What is that yellow? Cheddar cheese? And is the meat bacon?

Have to try that as well.
Jalapenos yes, it also had both raw onion and caramalised onion. The "ham" is actually caramalised bacon, done by chucking bacon strips in a frying pan and drizzling them in brown sugar. THe awesomeness cannot be articulated in our mere language. The yellow stuff is actually mustard, and yes there was cheese, which is the whitish stuff covering the meat patties. It was not chedder cheese, but rather sliced American style cheese. No pickles in this baby, I hate those

Quote:
You hate beer, football and onions. What the hell is wrong with you?
I hate football (living in Melbourne we are spammed with AFL crap in the papers and news 24/7, even in the off season for ****s sake). Half the year our headlines consist of some AFL star smoking a bong or some ****. Derp de Derp

Old 04-03-2014, 08:47 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,571,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Kitchen View Post
If it were me, I'd invariably end up cooking things like Nachos, Buffalo wings, Burgers, Ribs, Steak etc and washing them down with liters of beer. Life is too short to not enjoy life.

Here is yesterday's effort.... had it for dinner last night, lunch today and dinner again before it finally ran out

I've also been known to get up to ridiculous shenanigans such as this:

Oh yeah, and there was that one time I got drunk and re-created the leaning tower of Pisa

But that wasn't enough

If I feel like being healthy I marinade my steaks in whiskey and set them alight

Cooking is fun
DUDE...WOW Impressive! Wish I could rep you for this ^^

Are you overweight though, or among those lucky people who have a kick ass metabolism that allows you to eat a cow without gaining a pound?

Old 04-03-2014, 09:01 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,741,740 times
Quote:
I hate [...] tomatoes [...]
I think that's pretty unusual. Even the overpriced (but better) brandywines you find at farmers markets?

I'm not a fan of beer either. Took a dislike to it in my freshman uni year due to heavy consumption of low quality beer like Kronenbourg 1664 or Foster's. Now I tolerate it again, but it's mostly a social drink. Don't want to have a glass of soda when everyone at the table has ordered a pint.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:14 AM

242 posts, read 262,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
DUDE...WOW Impressive! Wish I could rep you for this ^^

Are you overweight though, or among those lucky people who have a kick ass metabolism that allows you to eat a cow without gaining a pound?
I'm a tad overweight but not actually gaining weight anymore. My job is pretty physical so that keeps my weight in check and am actually quite strong. One of the duties at work is emptying a full wheelie bin of clothes hangers into a recycle bin for collection, often I see the chicks and even the guys throwing the hangers one by one into the bin..... I simply just lift the entire wheelie bin and empty the contents.... I've gotten more than a few astonished looks One my work mates actually thinks I'm losing weight! Plus I go for 30-45 minute walks with my dog every day. I'm thinking of getting a bike and going for a ride daily aswell.

I don't eat a huge amount (I actually used to be able to eat a LOT more in one sitting when I was younger - I'm 26 now and get full quite easily), these are actually occasional pleasures. There are days when all I eat are a few cold cuts and some fruit. I try to keep my portions sane, e.g. that nachos, it lasted me 2 days, I had part of it for dinner last night, then again for lunch today before work and finished off the last bits of it for dinner tonight. Not possible for me to finish something like that in a single sitting, unlike Adam Richman

Old 04-03-2014, 09:17 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,224,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Kitchen View Post
If it were me, I'd invariably end up cooking things like Nachos, Buffalo wings, Burgers, Ribs, Steak etc and washing them down with liters of beer. Life is too short to not enjoy life.

Here is yesterday's effort.... had it for dinner last night, lunch today and dinner again before it finally ran out

I've also been known to get up to ridiculous shenanigans such as this:

Oh yeah, and there was that one time I got drunk and re-created the leaning tower of Pisa

But that wasn't enough

If I feel like being healthy I marinade my steaks in whiskey and set them alight

Cooking is fun
Got the cravings and a rumbling tummy after seeing those nachos . Feel the urge To Eat something. I make quesadillas, paninis, hakka noodles, and pasta at times and succeeded in making 18 big boy enchiladas for my buddies on Superbowl day .

Dude, seriously. I feel like my stomach is starving right now .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.