Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 06:58 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times

Advertisements

Wednesday was mild enough to bike and there was sun! Still some ice patches on the bike path. Morning altocumulus

Spoiler

ride:

ride back home. Wasn't completely dark at 6 pm!

Spoiler

ice on farm fields

same bridge at dusk

===

from a week ago

Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 10:33 AM

83,524 posts, read 75,333,969 times
I'm testing out this project wish I started years ago...

Doing a quick 5 second video clip of each day to see how the weather changes on a daily basis. All from this area.

Pretty interesting so far. Let me know what you think..

One flaw is that weather changes by the hour sometimes. Like today. Was blue skies this morning, now full clouds at lunch. So which do I use? I think overtime it wont matter? Hard to do exact times everyday.

I missed Feb 19 & 20.

Anyway here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M26D...ature=youtu.be

Old 02-24-2018, 11:06 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,920,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I'm testing out this project wish I started years ago...

Doing a quick 5 second video clip of each day to see how the weather changes on a daily basis. All from this area.

Pretty interesting so far. Let me know what you think..

One flaw is that weather changes by the hour sometimes. Like today. Was blue skies this morning, now full clouds at lunch. So which do I use? I think overtime it wont matter? Hard to do exact times everyday.

I missed Feb 19 & 20.

Anyway here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M26D...ature=youtu.be
Thats a pretty cool idea! Feb 18th was definitely the best day of the last 2 weeks

Old 02-24-2018, 11:16 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,920,082 times
Some pictures from 7 Springs last weekend, I'm sure the mountain is in rough shape this weekend with all the rain we have gotten this week.

The fresh wet snow was sticking to everything on the way up to the mountain.

Even with the thaw really starting to hit, 7 Springs still had about a foot of snow on the ground outside the condo.

Top of the Gunnar lift.

Old 02-24-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Thats a pretty cool idea! Feb 18th was definitely the best day of the last 2 weeks

Thanks! Yeah, Feb 18 was nice. The snow fell at night but maybe I might start some night clip just to mix it up. Notice it was all gone 2 days later. I was going to do backyard only but that was getting boring real fast so decided to grab them here and there. I changed todays to have clouds and wet road since most of the day has been that, not sunny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Some pictures from 7 Springs last weekend, I'm sure the mountain is in rough shape this weekend with all the rain we have gotten this week.

The fresh wet snow was sticking to everything on the way up to the mountain.

Even with the thaw really starting to hit, 7 Springs still had about a foot of snow on the ground outside the condo

Top of the Gunnar lift.

Whoa, I love that first shot. Very cool. I wonder how ski resorts did this year so far.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:26 AM

5,039 posts, read 4,354,882 times
Yesterday afternoon. Around 80F with dewpoint in the mid 60's. Pretty spring-like. Windy with a couple of showers.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ral31 View Post
Yesterday afternoon. Around 80F with dewpoint in the mid 60's. Pretty spring-like. Windy with a couple of showers.
That sounds like July for me. I see tree blooms! Does look Springish.

Feb 25, 2018:

Just another rainy winter day here with temps in the 30s. 12.05" of precip this winter so far.

A lot of ponding and puddling out there.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:04 AM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Highest point in FL looking to the east if Lake Apopka and 20 miles to the east is Orlando.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:32 PM

5,039 posts, read 4,354,882 times
A swollen bayou this afternoon. Bottoms of trees submerged.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:15 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Eventful weather week. Monday morning was cold at -10°C (average low is -8°C)

Tuesday morning the ridge brought much milder, humid air. Led to valley fog that took a while to clear. Just clearing

Conneticut River was lined with ice chunks

just enough light to bike with

Wednesday morning started foggy, too

Spoiler

later in the afternoon it reached 78°F / 25°C. Reservoirs were still ice-covered

clouds (associated with a cold front?) lining the horizon

Spoiler

cold ground would bring random cool breezes, and then it would switch to warm breezes half a minute later

Brown landscape

some more

Spoiler

this house is older than I would have assumed.

Shelburne Falls

grey stone buildings look more out of Quebec than Massachuetts

love your enemies but keep your gun oiled

Spoiler

leaving the town

interesting looking cloud rolling in

dirt road was muddier than I've ever seen. Once it got steep I gave up and walked my bike. Looks like no one drive on this road, the middle lacks houses so most drivers must take another way when the road is in poor condition.

Spoiler

Thursday evening there were snow flurries. Next morning had neat altocumulus clouds

I see this 3 legged dog walked, he manages well

Spoiler
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather