Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 08:11 PM

29,590 posts, read 19,765,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
"I fear a cooler wetter summer for the Midwest...." The CFSV2 is hinting at near average temperatures and near or slightly below average precipitation for your area ChicagoGeorge, meanwhile, another different outlook is looking rather soggy and cool for the month of June, but August is increasingly looking like it might just be a hotter than average month. All in all, I guess we really won't know how this summer will turn out until it's over.
Trust me. The Midwest will be wetter and very likely cooler than normal this summer.

Stays warm until Friday here

https://twitter.com/NWSChicago/statu...81333014638593
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 08:12 PM

12,623 posts, read 14,003,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Once again....3rd time..... That's an NWS forecast, not a model. lol

And the Ensembles were wrong about the last heat surge, it wasn't as intense. So the Ensembles are just as bad/good as the operationals. The Ensembles are there to confirm what we see with the Operationals but it doesn't mean they are more accurate. That's my opinion from what I been watching over the years

And FYI.. GFS picked up on it being hotter for Thursday now all forecasts have been going up and up since 2 days ago and ensembles finally coming around.

And who says we cant see things coming past 7 days???

That NWS forecast is based on a model of models and again anything past five days is useless. And Ensembles over the long haul are far more accurate past five days than operational. Believe what you want.

I'm just curious if you work at all during the day. You literally post all day long on this forum and by far post more than anyone.

What do you do for a living?

Old 05-15-2017, 08:30 PM

12,623 posts, read 14,003,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
There is no way in hell that Binghamton is sunnier than Valparaiso, you could count on an amputated hand the amount of sunny days we've had the past few weeks. The weather agency in the US fudges numbers like Bernie Madoff at a stock exchange

Yes every bit of climate data is fudged and all our averages fake. Grow up. You are just angry at your climate and you whine now constantly. Move somewhere else.

If you know what the sun numbers are based on then you realize they aren't fudged. They are just based on a different threshold.

I went and looked at Binghamton climate data averages from 1980 to present.

The avg mean temp for May is 56.7F for 1980-2016. Just looking at 2010 to 2016 the only May below average was 2016. Every single May from 2010 to 2015 was above average.

Using those same years, the month of May averages only 4 days with a high temp below 55F, and 17 days with a high temp 65F or above. 12 days average 70F or above.

Of course, keep in mind the avg high for Binghamton is 65F in May. What do you want every single day to be in the 70'sF when their avg high isn't even above 70F.

Seriously you don't belong in that climate.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:36 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,418,982 times
I don't even complain as much and my climate is a lot farther from my preferences lol.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:47 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,292,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
That NWS forecast is based on a model of models and again anything past five days is useless. And Ensembles over the long haul are far more accurate past five days than operational. Believe what you want.

I'm just curious if you work at all during the day. You literally post all day long on this forum and by far post more than anyone.

What do you do for a living?
This isn't any of your business.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:49 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,418,982 times
It's 81 F with a 68 F dew point here (10 PM observation) a warm and muggy night, which become common this time of year and are the norm until early/mid October.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:16 AM

7,748 posts, read 6,545,886 times
I'm accepting that its getting hot already. Its been reaching 90 the past few days. I went swimming today for the first time this year. Water was cool but comfortable. Also, second day I used sunblock so far this year.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:49 AM

29,590 posts, read 19,765,095 times

Only 19 of the past 146 years have produced a 90-degree temp through May 16; beach-level warmth/strong SSW winds keep warmth coming into Thursday; big late week rains | WGN-TV

Upper 80s close to 90 degrees today. Let's see if Chicago ORD or MDW hit it. Skilling says ORD will.... but I think MDW might and ORD will be off by a degree. Let's see what happens

MDW might see two 70F lows this week...

Could be second 90 degree day for my nearest station

Old 05-16-2017, 04:00 AM

83,685 posts, read 76,012,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
That NWS forecast is based on a model of models and again anything past five days is useless.

Huh?? All forecasts are based off models. I thought you knew that. Including the ones you post. lol

I already proved what I show past 5 days happens. It's all about knowing how to read the models. If you keep wanting exact details you will keep disappointing yourself.

Looks like Philly only had 2 max temps above normal this month. Wow. Lows of 40s, Highs of 70s. Doesn't look too stable. 7th & 13th max of 50s! Wow.

10 days in a row without being above normal for the day average. -2.6° below normal for the month. Lets see if this heat coming erases that

Old 05-16-2017, 04:07 AM

83,685 posts, read 76,012,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
Winter weather advisories posted for west slopes of Washington/Oregon Cascades for up to a foot of snow.

All of my fruit trees started blooming last week, then froze last night. Might not be much of a crop this year.
I see why.......... See my next post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather