Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2015, 07:57 PM

1,916 posts, read 1,461,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Lol, no. I wasn't born yet.
Me neither..... The storm of the century happened 2 months after I was born.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:00 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,417,245 times
Handed in my last piece of coursework, nothing left for me to do until January now f**k yeah

Got home and immediately opened up my new bottle of spiced rum and got drinking while watching man vs food. Inevitably hunger ensued so I ordered 2 large dominos pizzas thanks to my student 2for1 deal so I am now both very drunk and also *****g stuffed

Trump can eat my unwiped ass, race/religion is the most boring and tedious subject to ever grace these threads bring back the unhappy/happy threads

Old 12-09-2015, 08:11 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,958,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
They're building modern townhouses here, like this:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...47a856!6m1!1e1

Maybe California could do that too.
They should! Having 3 story townhouses everywhere would rapidly increase the housing stock, and cause rent prices to drop. But, dropping rent is a dirty phrase if you're a landlord. Only legislation will make that happen, and the ****ing realty industry and greedy landlords in the Bay Area and SoCal have a grip on the local governments. If change can't happen on the local level, then there should be a state legal requirement for it. I'd love to live in the Bay Area where winter and summer are almost equable in terms of temperature and the rainfall is higher, but it's too damn expensive. Maybe the Mexican suburbs are ok enough these days. The situation has gotten so out of hand in the Bay Area that even 1980s hellholes like Oakland are rapidly gentrifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Do you guys remember 1984?

I wonder if Trump (or Clinton) can get a map like Reagan did. Wow

Cool site by the way.

Historical U.S. Presidential Elections 1789-2012
There's no way it's ever gonna happen again. It was a big fluke I think, and thanks to Big Media, the political climate is too polarized these days.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:14 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,945,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
No offense, but some Europeans seem to stereotype all Americans like we're all conservative, right-wing nut jobs that polish their shotgun while simultaneously reading the bible. We're not all the same. Yet when Americans do the same their "ignorant" or "anti-intellectual" or any other name out there. And yes, I am referring to certain posters on here. Stop with that bull****.

Lol, can you blame them.

A majority of Republicans do NOT believe in evolution, and the numbers are actually trending downward believe it or not. Republicans have become the anti-science party. Where do all the Republicans live? Lots of them right where you are and in the rest of the South. I don't know a single person around here that doesn't believe in evolution. It is like we live in two different nations in this country.

And Pew is respectable.

Republicans’ views on evolution | Pew Research Center

Old 12-09-2015, 08:17 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,551,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
They should! Having 3 story townhouses everywhere would rapidly increase the housing stock, and cause rent prices to drop. But, dropping rent is a dirty phrase if you're a landlord. Only legislation will make that happen, and the ****ing realty industry and greedy landlords in the Bay Area and SoCal have a grip on the local governments. If change can't happen on the local level, then there should be a state legal requirement for it. I'd love to live in the Bay Area where winter and summer are almost equable in terms of temperature, but it's too damn expensive. Maybe the Mexican suburbs are ok enough these days. The situation has gotten so out of hand in the Bay Area that even 1980s hellholes like Oakland are rapidly gentrifying.
It's more homeowners in detached home neighborhoods that want to keep the neighborhoods as is. The Bay Area (San Francisco + San Jose in link below) and Los Angeles have less detached homes by % than most American metros and build more apartment buildings than most. Just not enough to keep up with demand:

Here are the most common types of homes in each US urban area (which aren't the same as cities) - Greater Greater Washington

Most Boston suburbs are even more hostile to apartment buildings

Quote:
There's no way it's ever gonna happen again. It was a big fluke I think, and thanks to Big Media, the political climate is too polarized these days.
Probably not, more people vote by party lines every election these days. Still, could be a dramatic election year. Even more so, with Trump's not subtle threat:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...17248803307520

Old 12-09-2015, 08:18 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,945,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Hmmm, point taken. I don't stray very far from the weather forum often so I can't comment on the Europe or P&OC forum. Still disheartening to see how many people view the US in a negative light just because a few people in this country are morons.

Why do you keep saying "few". Just look at the gun issue. Just look at Texas and how the people in that town screamed at the US Army officer about the US military training exercise really being a covert action to establish martial law. The list goes on and on. A large part of the American population has become unhinged, and I will flatly say it seems to be regional. Guess which regions?

Old 12-09-2015, 08:37 PM

881 posts, read 647,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Handed in my last piece of coursework, nothing left for me to do until January now f**k yeah

Got home and immediately opened up my new bottle of spiced rum and got drinking while watching man vs food. Inevitably hunger ensued so I ordered 2 large dominos pizzas thanks to my student 2for1 deal so I am now both very drunk and also *****g stuffed

Trump can eat my unwiped ass, race/religion is the most boring and tedious subject to ever grace these threads bring back the unhappy/happy threads
Everything about this post is epic and legendary. Everything. And yes, to the **** with this boring race/political horse****. There are actually other CD subforums for this. In the name of my ass

Old 12-09-2015, 09:10 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,960,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
Everything about this post is epic and legendary. Everything. And yes, to the **** with this boring race/political horse****. There are actually other CD subforums for this. In the name of my ass
This. I just got my Ps for driving

And Adam Voges got a century CELEBRATE WITH ME CF I KNOW YOU LOVE CRICKET

Old 12-09-2015, 09:53 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,464,701 times
Worthless local police feeding their pockets...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeKIxqjYAis

Old 12-09-2015, 09:57 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,378,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
Agreed. Even when I'm **** drunk, this thread has been a complete borefest for the last 400 centuries.

In other news, Miami weather makes my balls itch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather