Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2015, 05:43 AM

83,560 posts, read 75,474,029 times

Advertisements

. No 80s coming up. Perfect June for here

And here's the dewpoint projection from NAM model for Wednesday. 40s!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 06:01 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,525,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
. No 80s coming up. Perfect June for here

Nice! I'm jealous...lol.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:25 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,562,463 times
Walking outside, I heard a few A/Cs on. By tomorrow will they all be off? My window fan is on.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Nice! I'm jealous...lol.
& I'm jealous of those well north of me. lol.. Like in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Walking outside, I heard a few A/Cs on. By tomorrow will they all be off? My window fan is on.
Had mine on all night. Question is... will some folks have the heater on next couple days? Most of the day in the 50s for you and maybe me too.

Max temp forecast Mon & Tues. Nothing extreme but looks like near record cold max temps for some.
Cold days for June

Old 05-31-2015, 08:13 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,525,157 times
Quote:
& I'm jealous of those well north of me. lol.. Like in Canada.

Had mine on all night. Question is... will some folks have the heater on next couple days? Most of the day in the 50s for you and maybe me too.

Max temp forecast Mon & Tues. Nothing extreme but looks like near record cold max temps for some.
Cold days for June
I checked out Pittsfield, since it showing lower temps than east and west of there, it's got some decent elevation to it - over a 1000 feet. Looks like that town has both summer and winter averages lower than that where Nei lives, which is down around 200 feet.

I might have to give this town a check-out on my next trip north.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:46 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,239,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium
Awesome! Not a bad start to June.

Quote:
I haven't turned my A/C on yet this summer. Relying on fans to keep cool.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:47 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Seems like a waste to turn on the heater, surely a house should be able to hold its heat to stay warm enough for a few days if the house is closed up. Went for a bike ride, was surprised how sweaty I got, thought it'd be cool. Got a short sprinkle, mid-ride but not much. Felt rather humid, just checked the dew point — 65°F.

Quote:
Cold days for June
My phone and weatherundergound were predicting below 60°F highs were for days, the NWS kept it at mid 60s. They're too slow. 50s sounds worrisome, will be able to handle such cold?

Old 05-31-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I haven't turned my A/C on yet this summer. Relying on fans to keep cool.
Surprised you haven't since you don't like heat much but you seem on the frugal side. I think the cooler lows than a typical summer month may have helped? It was warmer than I like when I went to bed. Odd, felt comfortable when sitting around, but when trying to falls asleep, after five minutes I didn't care anymore. Took a shower before going to bed, perhaps the water was on the warm side and warmed me up? I moved a window fan right to the window next to bed, turned it up higher. Sometime in the middle of the night, I had a sheet and a light quilt over me. Had a high of 86°F yesterday, morning low 64°F.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:04 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,239,973 times
Quote:
Surprised you haven't since you don't like heat much but you seem on the frugal side. I think the cooler lows than a typical summer month may have helped? It was warmer than I like when I went to bed. Odd, felt comfortable when sitting around, but when trying to falls asleep, after five minutes I didn't care anymore. Took a shower before going to bed, perhaps the water was on the warm side and warmed me up? I moved a window fan right to the window next to bed, turned it up higher. Sometime in the middle of the night, I had a sheet and a light quilt over me. Had a high of 86°F yesterday, morning low 64°F.
Yeah I would rather save the money and electricity.

Sleeping shirtless with a fan on makes it tolerable enough for sleeping. I often slept with the windows closed the past week or so because it was too warm around bedtimes (even if it cooled off later in the night). Plus I've limited opening the windows because of the humidity. Floors get too damp and sticky when it's humid.

Up to 74 F/23 C with a dewpoint of 68 F/20 C now.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
I checked out Pittsfield, since it showing lower temps than east and west of there, it's got some decent elevation to it - over a 1000 feet. Looks like that town has both summer and winter averages lower than that where Nei lives, which is down around 200 feet.

I might have to give this town a check-out on my next trip north.
Oh yeah, Pittsfield one of my favorite spots to look at in MA. It's typically the colder spot. You can see it with many of the maps I posted. Here's March 6th. Pittsfield in the teens while Eastern NY, CT, MA, RI, VT were in the 20s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather