Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 09:44 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,498,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Oh, gosh...fahrenheit. 40 celsius is like 100 degrees! Besides, you're in Houston so you should figure what I mean And I don't care if the metric system makes more sense. I'm used to our stupid system in America. I know it makes no sense but it's what we know.
Actually 40 °C is much hotter than that. Add 5 °F to your conversion. 40 °C is my maximum tolerance, not a degree more or less. This is why I can live in Houston but definitely not in Las Vegas or Phoenix. Some people move here for the heat. I wanna get out!

I was just wondering if Phoenix or Chicago are preferred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 10:15 AM

142 posts, read 559,320 times
Well it all comes down to what you're wearing doesn't it? You can always wear more clothing if you are chilly but when you're hot, once you've stripped down to nothing you have nowhere to go!

Hot weather is fine as long as you don't have to work out in it and can hang at the beach with a cool drink. But working in heat is murder.

I notice a lot of people claim they LOVE warm weather and then they go from their air conditioned houses, to their air conditioned cars and end up in their air conditioned offices.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:48 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,658,500 times
i was just thinking the other day that since we humans arent covered in fur (well most of us) that a warmer climate was ideal.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:07 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,918,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
"...Summer has just started, and has just ended...."
I know that kind of "summer" weather well.

Well I know this might be a strange way of looking at it but you might be able to improve you mood by being thankful you're still in the Southern Hemisphere in December; 21-24 C forecast in December is still warmer than half of Florida, most of Texas and most places in the southwestern U.S. low-desert. Even if you were in Key West, they have an all-time record low of 40 F (4 C) that you could have been stuck in.

For myself I think I'd rather be in the Southern Hemisphere right now; even the crappiest December summer weather is better than our highs of -4 C and lows of -10 C.
another consolation is that MOST of the south coast of AUstralia will be just as cold, in some cases colder. But still, how lame. And guess what, the forecasts are getting worse and worse. What a surprise Bet the eskimo wannabees here will be rejoicing

Old 12-02-2007, 02:20 PM

575 posts, read 3,699,546 times
Heat may be uncomfortable but cold is painful.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:03 PM

8,826 posts, read 21,341,359 times
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heat may be uncomfortable but cold is painful.

I agree. My old bones hurt in extreme cold. NOw, I know why older people move south.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:38 PM

95 posts, read 564,956 times
I would say Cape Hatteras North Carolina has the best optimal temperatures for human beings. Its far enough south to recieve warm Atlantic breezes and Gulf currents, but the fact that its surrounded by water would prevent the intensity of the swealtering summer heat typical of states in the southeastern U.S.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:01 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,522,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swsha4 View Post
Well it all comes down to what you're wearing doesn't it? You can always wear more clothing if you are chilly but when you're hot, once you've stripped down to nothing you have nowhere to go!

Hot weather is fine as long as you don't have to work out in it and can hang at the beach with a cool drink. But working in heat is murder.

I notice a lot of people claim they LOVE warm weather and then they go from their air conditioned houses, to their air conditioned cars and end up in their air conditioned offices.
When the weather is hot, I actually come to live again. I can move freely without the constant pains from the cold of winter. I go out for LONG walks, go to the spray park or the swimming pool, sit on the deck, tan in the sun, etc. When it's cold, I feel like a prisoner.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:23 PM

26,494 posts, read 46,848,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
When the weather is hot, I actually come to live again. I can move freely without the constant pains from the cold of winter. I go out for LONG walks, go to the spray park or the swimming pool, sit on the deck, tan in the sun, etc. When it's cold, I feel like a prisoner.
I am the exact opposite. When it is hot and humid outside I feel lazy and lethargic. I spend most of my time indoors when possible during the heat of the summer. Anytime that the temperature gets above 80F is too hot for me.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:45 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,195,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
I am the exact opposite. When it is hot and humid outside I feel lazy and lethargic. I spend most of my time indoors when possible during the heat of the summer. Anytime that the temperature gets above 80F is too hot for me.
You and me both plains, you and me both. I can deal with 80's as long as it's dry, but if it's humid...ack! I do feel very lazy most of the summer and the only time the weather is "nice" is at 6am
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather