Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:32 PM

172 posts, read 608,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
^^ Thats awsome. Unfortunately all the hottest places in Australia lack any town of decent size. There are places here that Have Phoenix type summers but Miami style winters. Sadly, no one has thought of building cities at these locations.
hahahaha, ah, well, would Perth be similar to the climate of say Los Angeles? with less rain I would think, but than again maybe not considering Los Angeles has had what? maybe 4 inches of rain in the last year....anyways, I think that skytrekker is dead on, though I would say the PacNW (I live in Vancouver, 30F outside right now at my place) has just too much rain and cold in the winter to be considered a perfect climate for humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 06:22 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,796,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
I function best in the 50's outdoors and upper 60's indoors. Any active outside in the 60's makes me hot.
Interesting...

It's always been very difficult for me to feel too hot, while outside and very active, any time it was roughly under 86 F (30 C), unless I was wearing long sleeved shirts and/or pants.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
^^ I think the sun might be the ideal climate for you.
But then I'd need an SPF 15,000,000,000 sunscreen.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
^^ Thats awsome. Unfortunately all the hottest places in Australia lack any town of decent size. There are places here that Have Phoenix type summers but Miami style winters. Sadly, no one has thought of building cities at these locations.
Are you thinking of places with climates like Port Hedland's?

How about me and some of the other heat junkies all move to Australia and together we could help build a really cool hot-climate city?

I'm SURE elfyum would rather live in a place with Miami winters and Phoenix summers.

I'm thinking if its climate is like Port Hedland (avg. 81 F winter and 97 F summer) we could easily convince Jammie too.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:12 PM

121 posts, read 519,903 times
Hmm, the best climate for humans I would think would be an individual preference. For instance, sunny 70 degrees year round does me know good if I am secluded in a unibomber type cabin with no people. However, give me 90degree weather and an atmosphere of scantly clad women on the scene and I am alive and kickin,lol. Maybe weather has nothing to do with our functionality. Maybe it depends on lifestyle, quality of life, and all that other stuff people talk about in the, "best place to live", threads within this forum. Imagine if Alaska had a social scene of intellectuals and outdoorsy fitness type people even in the brrrrrrrrr cold!!!!!
Imagine alaska being the talk of media and friends. I wonder how the "mindsets of humans" would gravitate towards making alaska the place to live within 30 years

Just a little food for thought.

Last edited by GypsySunworshiper; 12-01-2007 at 08:28 PM..

Old 12-01-2007, 09:56 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,895,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post

How about me and some of the other heat junkies all move to Australia and together we could help build a really cool hot-climate city?

I'm SURE elfyum would rather live in a place with Miami winters and Phoenix summers.

I'm thinking if its climate is like Port Hedland (avg. 81 F winter and 97 F summer) we could easily convince Jammie too.
lol yeah pretty much. But there are places that make Port Hedland look like Novosibirsk. Officially, the hottest town in Australia is Wyndham, where the hottest month is 27.2/39.4ºC and the coldest 16.9/31.1ºC. There's 331 days a year above 30ºC there.

The town with the hottest summers is probably Marble Bar with 26.1/41.6ºC average during the hottest month. However, monthly averages have exceeded 44ºC there putting it the same league as Kuwait City.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:10 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post

Alright!!!! It won't take any convincing here. I'm right with you guys.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:21 PM

Melbourne is far too cold! Need to move to the hottest part of Australia and set up shop there.

Speaking of cold, they've just dropped Melbournes temps for everyday by some 5-7ºC, we can expect 21-24ºC days instead of the mid 20's to mid 30's originally forecast Everytime "summer" rolls by, I am reminded of how crap the climate here is. Literally with every forecast, temps get downgraded and downgraded.

Summer has just started, and has just ended

Old 12-02-2007, 12:31 AM

Current forecast suggest a 2 week wait until warmth returns again. But for the time being it is absolutely disgusting.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Summer has just started, and has just ended

Speaking of cold, they've just dropped Melbournes temps for everyday by some 5-7ºC, we can expect 21-24ºC days instead of the mid 20's to mid 30's originally forecast Everytime "summer" rolls by, I am reminded of how crap the climate here is. Literally with every forecast, temps get downgraded and downgraded.
"...Summer has just started, and has just ended...."
I know that kind of "summer" weather well.

Well I know this might be a strange way of looking at it but you might be able to improve you mood by being thankful you're still in the Southern Hemisphere in December; 21-24 C forecast in December is still warmer than half of Florida, most of Texas and most places in the southwestern U.S. low-desert. Even if you were in Key West, they have an all-time record low of 40 F (4 C) that you could have been stuck in.

For myself I think I'd rather be in the Southern Hemisphere right now; even the crappiest December summer weather is better than our highs of -4 C and lows of -10 C.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather