Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you choose?
Kirkwall, UK 9 34.62%
Bergen, Norway 17 65.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 10:16 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,377,808 times

Advertisements

Bergen Bergen and more BERGEN!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 10:31 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,661,538 times
Kirkwall for me. Not as many rain days.

Bergen's rainfall isn't the issue for me. There are towns close to where I live, with more than the rainfall of Bergen and Kirkwall combined. It's the number of days of rain. At 235 days of rain, the chance of outdoor activities being rain affected, is very high.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:37 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,580,600 times
Both climates are E's as they are both far to dull, to wet, to cold year round! However Kirkwall has fewer rainy days and is milder in winter. However, think I would kill myself if I had to choose between the two to live, unless it was for a mlti-billion £ job!!! LOL

Old 09-23-2014, 10:40 AM

2,257 posts, read 1,989,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Both climates are E's as they are both far to dull, to wet, to cold year round! However Kirkwall has fewer rainy days and is milder in winter. However, think I would kill myself if I had to choose between the two to live, unless it was for a mlti-billion £ job!!! LOL

Hahahaha I like your post! I wonder how the residents cope with this weather in Bergen! But I suppose that it snows there sometimes in a year and that is the only good think! I think it hasn 't many thunderstorm days that is the only type of rain that I like very much!

Old 09-23-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkis View Post
Hahahaha I like your post! I wonder how the residents cope with this weather in Bergen! But I suppose that it snows there sometimes in a year and that is the only good think! I think it hasn 't many thunderstorm days that is the only type of rain that I like very much!
One thing about southern Britain is that at leased it gets around 4 weeks worth of hot weather spread out in an average year. Some summers are hot, some summers are cool, some summers are nice and average! But both Kirkwall and Bergen average a max in the high teens in the in the high summer months! Not only that, but the extreme record high for Kirkwall is above 25c, that's just a degree or so above London's average high summer temperature! This is Ridiculous! The south of England also gets quite a few thunderstorms between June and October!
Also, someone like me who want's his winter max's to be in the low 20s and his summer max's to be in the low to mid 30s, winters are far to cold in both locations!
To be honest though, those to locations are not deadly, I've seen worse:
This has got to be one of the worst climates on earth - Vostok Station!!!
Hell, at leased in Death Valley you have a time of year that is pleasant - Death Valley!!!

Old 09-23-2014, 11:03 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,687,324 times
Bergen. I know it's wetter, but its weather is rather more interesting than Kirkwall, with colder snowier winters, warmer summers, and it also gets quite a high incidence of winter thunder snow events.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
One thing about southern Britain is that at leased it gets around 4 weeks worth of hot weather spread out in an average year. Some summers are hot, some summers are cool, some summers are nice and average! But both Kirkwall and Bergen average a max in the high teens in the in the high summer months! Not only that, but the extreme record high for Kirkwall is above 25c, that's just a degree or so above London's average high summer temperature! This is Ridiculous! The south of England also gets quite a few thunderstorms between June and October!
Also, someone like me who want's his winter max's to be in the low 20s and his summer max's to be in the low to mid 30s, winters are far to cold in both locations!
To be honest though, those to locations are not deadly, I've seen worse:
This has got to be one of the worst climates on earth - Vostok Station!!!
Hell, at leased in Death Valley you have a time of year that is pleasant - Death Valley!!!
Oh you want mild winters I want cold winters. :P But I just want a warm sunny and thundery summer not hot. Bergen and Kirkwall don 't offer me that. Jesus!!! Vostok and Death Valley have awful climates!

Old 09-23-2014, 11:10 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,814,738 times
Both shocking. I choose Bergen as it's probably more interesting.
I'd need to move abroad for 3 months in summer though, as there's no way I could handle those summer temperatures.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkis View Post
Oh you want mild winters I want cold winters. :P But I just want a warm sunny and thundery summer not hot. Bergen and Kirkwall don 't offer me that. Jesus!!! Vostok and Death Valley have awful climates!
I know right!
Yea mild winters and hot summers are for me. I like to wear shorts as jeans make me itch and are really unconformable. I'd also like the occasional cold snap to bring an average of 1 snow day a year and then the rest of the year is mild to hot... But that's probably asking for to much?
No My ideal location is Bundaberg, Queensland - that's my dream place to live... And my Bro lives in Brisbane! Lucky tw*t! LOL
What's your favorite climate? Somewhere like Chicago, although Serres looks pretty seasonal?

Old 09-23-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
Bergen. I know it's wetter, but its weather is rather more interesting than Kirkwall, with colder snowier winters, warmer summers, and it also gets quite a high incidence of winter thunder snow events.
Thundersnow? How common is this there? I love thundersnow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather