Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 07:31 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,481,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Ice expected tonight into tomorrow morning transforming into rain through the afternoon hours followed by an overnight freeze up. More snow expected tomorrow morning till late afternoon. Then temperatures will sharply drop into the teens. Accumulation going to be heavier, with 4.2" in prediction. Snow pack will stay for rest of the week due to below freezing highs. Even more snow to come later next week with another 5" accumulation for central NJ followed by a warmup sending temperatures into the upper 40's F.

Amounts in southern NJ will be 6-8" again tomorrow morning. Including next weeks snowfall, some locations in south jersey will get their year's worth of snowfall in December, and January has not even started yet . This winter might be memorable after all .

Ice & Snow, Remove it before you go !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, are you kidding me?! I thought another light dusting was due for tomorrow. Yesterday morning I thought we were going to get 1 inch or less that day. Then you posted a link showing a forecast for around 5 inches. Instead, we got about 10. Even Weather Underground says 1-3 inches for here tomorrow, but they said that yesterday, too; they are pretty slow to revise their totals upward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 07:40 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,277,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Eh, FL is looking to cool off to normal conditions next week though. Upper 60s in the morning in December is definitely not normal for here.
Good for you. Its about damn time the stickiness disappeared.

I still hope she is wearing a bikini even if its in the upper 60's F. I also had the name of this model. Decided not to post it here though.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:42 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,277,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Wow, are you kidding me?! I thought another light dusting was due for tomorrow. Yesterday morning I thought we were going to get 1 inch or less that day. Then you posted a link showing a forecast for around 5 inches. Instead, we got about 10. Even Weather Underground says 1-3 inches for here tomorrow, but they said that yesterday, too; they are pretty slow to revise their totals upward.
Intellicast is usually the best and always up to date.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:47 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,421,155 times
Quote:
That's awesome, that seems like you're getting half of your average annual snowfall in a matter of a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Good for you. Its about damn time the stickiness disappeared.

I still hope she is wearing a bikini even if its in the upper 60's F. I also had the name of this model. Decided not to post it here though.
Thanks man, yeah 65 F mornings in December aren't cool (literally and figuratively ). This is the same annoyance someone up North gets when there's a frost or freeze in early June....

Old 12-09-2013, 08:41 AM

361 posts, read 840,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Um no not likely, and I really hope this doesn't continue. What's the positive of having to have your AC on in December?

Next week already looks a lot cooler than this week.
Because I will drive down to South Florida from Canada for Christmas and NYE and I'm really done with cold

Old 12-09-2013, 08:43 AM

83,689 posts, read 76,052,953 times
Quote:
Another low pressure riding up the northern Jet Stream which is sagged to the south of us. Awesome setup. And just like yesterday with the unpredictable Philly band, it can happen again tomorrow anywhere. Be curious if and where it sets up.

Here's what NWS NY has to say

THEN ATTENTION TURNS TO POTENTIAL LIGHT SNOW EVENT FOR
TUESDAY...WITH THE MAIN PLAYERS BEING A STRONG JET STREAK AHEAD
OF APPROACHING NORTHERN STREAM AND SOUTHERN STREAM SHORTWAVE
ENERGY...INDUCING A WEAK WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE ALONG A COLD FRONT
STALLED TO THE SOUTH. THE AMOUNT OF SOUTHERN STREAM
INTERACTION WHICH ALWAYS POSES SOME PREDICTABILITY
ISSUES SEEMS TO BE A KEY IN THE AMPLITUDE OF THE TROUGH AND
AMOUNT OF GULF MOISTURE THAT GETS ENTRAINED IN THE SW FLOW AND
OVER THE COLD AIRMASS IN PLACE. MODELS HAVE TRENDED MORE
AMPLIFIED...AND THEREFORE WETTER ACROSS THE REGION.

MODELS ARE SIGNALING SOME GOOD FRONTOGENETIC BANDING AND DEEP
LAYERED LIFT UNDER THE RIGHT ENTRANCE REGION OF A 175 KT JET STREAK.
SO POTENTIAL IS THERE FOR A FEW INCHES OF SNOW...BUT BANDING
PLACEMENT WILL BE KEY. SPREAD EXISTS BETWEEN A SOLID ADVISORY
LEVEL SNOW EVENT FOR MUCH OF THE AREA OF 3 TO 6 INCHES WITH LOCALLY
HIGHER AMOUNTS TO JUST A COATING TO 2 INCHES. WILL INCREASE POPS
TO LIKELY/CATEGORICAL BASED ON MODELS TRENDS...WITH A TREND TOWARDS
A MIDDLE OF THE ROAD SOLUTION FOR SNOWFALL.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:59 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,421,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmanu View Post
Because I will drive down to South Florida from Canada for Christmas and NYE and I'm really done with cold
Eh, figured you were a vacationer. Don't be surprised if it gets chilly though, remember it ain't the tropics especially North Florida.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:04 AM

Posted November 29th:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Well... with the Pacific waters warming as we've been mentioning, an El Nino Characteristic is obviously setting up.

And we must consider the fact that this northern jet is driving pure arctic air into the U.S so the cold air is prime, and now the subjet is ready itself.

Posted December 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
So finally (and just in time) an active pattern is being seen.

This morning Water Vapor Loop shows the players on the map

There are 3 different events coming up... The 3rd needs to be watched. This could become a big sleet or ice storm for many in the Mid Atlantic. It's going to depend on the High pressure to the north and how far the front goes.
Seen by models 1 week+ away. The 3rd event became the 8th biggest December Philly snowstorm. But more importantly.... the ability to see the players on the map before this active pattern starts is priceless.

This is what happens when you have an active Sub Tropical Jet and a northern Jet diving down. More events should be coming this month.

Seen all this since November it was just a matter of time they worked together.
Attached Thumbnails
Winter 2013-14 Thread — Northern Hemisphere-satellite.jpg  

Old 12-09-2013, 09:28 AM

GFS 24hr snow total for tomorrow.

Where it snowed, it wants to snow more. I once read about an Atmospheric memory. I know some are hoping for a memory loss here while some want to keep the memories sharp. lol

Old 12-09-2013, 09:30 AM

No point in wasting pages in this thread... I will keep the file together with the other one. Watches are up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather