Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2012, 10:32 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,522,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Impressive temp changes!
Yes, but what is even more impressive is that this impressive temp. change does not even get us back to normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 02:45 PM

234 posts, read 215,076 times
Front moved through last night after we enjoyed a 61 degree Turkey Day and same time today it's only 27 with a wind chill of 16 and winds up to 41 mph so far. Snow is suppose to pick up in intensity tonight. Good times.

Took this just a few minutes later showing how much worse it's getting. A plow went by too spreading salt trying to keep the icing down since the wind is driving this snow.

Last edited by NorthernMoose; 11-23-2012 at 03:07 PM..

Old 11-23-2012, 03:22 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,941,320 times
Having the grass sticking through the snow is one of my pet peeves. Absolutely hate it!

Old 11-23-2012, 03:40 PM

5,576 posts, read 8,023,495 times
Quote:
Indeed. There is no better way to start off the holiday season than a sudden transition to snow and cold weather. I prefer my Thanksgivings to be snowy, but if I had to have a warm day in November that suddenly transitioned to cold and snow for the winter, Thanksgiving/Black Friday would be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernMoose View Post
Front moved through last night after we enjoyed a 61 degree Turkey Day and same time today it's only 27 with a wind chill of 16 and winds up to 41 mph so far. Snow is suppose to pick up in intensity tonight. Good times.
I've enjoyed seeing your pictures of past weather, and your current weather reports are equally enjoyable. As I said, a transition to snow at the start of the holiday season is perfect timing. I also enjoy big temperature changes, such as from 61F to snow and wind, though I'd prefer that to take place earlier in the season.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Isn't it amazing how different things feel & look just 3 months down the road?

These are the 850mb temps(5000' level) August 15th and November 23rd.

Who misses the hot days of August? I sure dont.

That trough is looking deep and cold today, wow!
Look how far north 10c uppers get on west coast. Nearly 50n yuck!

Old 11-23-2012, 04:05 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,522,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post

I've enjoyed seeing your pictures of past weather, and your current weather reports are equally enjoyable. As I said, a transition to snow at the start of the holiday season is perfect timing. I also enjoy big temperature changes, such as from 61F to snow and wind, though I'd prefer that to take place earlier in the season.
I know that you've been waiting for this message from me, but tomorrow's high temperature is forecast to be 68°, which is an incredible +24° away from normal. The West has been, and continues to be, so much above normal that these temperatures will more than offset any below normal temperatures that might occur in the East and Southeast. Again, cold does occur, but the above normal is winning the war of temperatures, this just cannot be denied.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:05 PM

Think we might possibly get our first Ice day of the season next weekend. Same time, as around 2010. This pattern is looking similar. Lets hope, we can get the cold imbedded and it lasts long.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:33 PM

83,649 posts, read 75,808,947 times
As I said... The freeze watches were extended further south into Florida now. November 24th.

Current Watches and Warnings. The blues over NY, PA and OH are for Lake Effect Snows. 1-2 inch per hour rates at times. Radar showing bands already forming. Will continue through the day tomorrow. And the Blues in the south are freeze watches. Light blue down south are freeze warnings.

Wax those snowboards and skis . .

Old 11-23-2012, 04:36 PM

234 posts, read 215,076 times
This is what needs to happen all winter long and then there will be something to talk about around the table when having donuts and coffee.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:36 PM

5,576 posts, read 8,023,495 times
Quote:
As I said... The freeze watches were extended further south into Florida now. November 24th.
Golly. More frost for northern Florida. Unlike the Plains states, Florida wasn't caught up in the warm spell that occurred a few days back, so the relatively cool weather continues there. Meanwhile, there was a big change in the Midwest - 50's and 60's (and some 70's in the Southern Plains) to 20's and 30's. To boot, the usual suspects got some lake-effect snow.

It looks like some drying winds will cause good fire weather to break out in parts of the High Plains, and Montana is getting some more snow. That section of NW Montana strikes me as odd - that same section has been getting High Wind Warnings all month. That area is probably normally windier than the rest of the state, but it seems out of the ordinary .

Another oddity is that isolated freeze warning in Texas and Louisiana. Are other spots not expected to get a freeze, or has the growing season already ended in surrounding areas? Still, to see a freeze warning form a patch kind of pattern instead of a belt looks weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather