Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 05:00 PM

83,561 posts, read 75,474,029 times

Advertisements

Let the festivities begin. (I'm in a holiday mood)

As you can see from the satellite image, there are a bunch of storms in the pipe waiting to shoot out into the U.S. 1 of them already hitting California and the West with Rain, Wind and Snows.

Bottom arrow is the sub Tropical Jet.

For those who want a powerhouse snowstorm you want the Sub Jet to meet with the Northern Jet as the energy of these storms roll through and you be on the northern side of it. The fasinating thing about weather is.... You just never know when or where that perfect spot will be for the phase. .

Here's a visual of it. As the PV dips down it meets with the Sub jet and Boom, storm amplifies. Fun times are ahead.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 PM

234 posts, read 214,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Let the festivities begin. (I'm in a holiday mood)

As you can see from the satellite image, there are a bunch of storms in the pipe waiting to shoot out into the U.S. 1 of them already hitting California and the West with Rain, Wind and Snows.

Bottom arrow is the sub Tropical Jet.

For those who want a powerhouse snowstorm you want the Sub Jet to meet with the Northern Jet as the energy of these storms roll through and you be on the northern side of it. The fasinating thing about weather is.... You just never know when or where that perfect spot will be for the phase. .

Here's a visual of it. As the PV dips down it meets with the Sub jet and Boom, storm amplifies. Fun times are ahead.

You need to move that phasing a little further to the west so it charges up through our region. We can't go through another winter with only 9 feet of snow. Give us about 8-10 good storms this winter each packing about 50mph winds and keep it below 15 each day to maintain the snow pack. There........that is my Christmas wish.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:01 PM

Current temps.. I'll keep an eye on that spike downwards. Im sure it gets caught.
National Weather Service : Observed Weather for past 3 Days : Akron-Canton Regional Airport

Old 11-16-2012, 11:49 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,900,978 times
Not exactly cold.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,239,973 times
Wow, I'm checking the current temperatures here in the northeast and it's currently colder in my town than in Northern Upstate New York and New England.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:36 AM

1,759 posts, read 1,881,290 times
Looks like this heat wave may end next Saturday when temps will drop below freezing in the long term. It's a distant forecast still but a hope nevertheless.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:05 AM

Default SouthEast Cold Temps November 2012

Man, the southeast is winning as far as most below normal temp departures around the country. I mean 30s my way is normal but 30s down south with localized 20s is interesting,. and continual. Current temps.

This type of pattern would lead to snow events as far south as the southern gulf states thats why Im calling for above normal snow in the TN Valley.

Not many complaints up this way with 30s but down south most of them are probably wishing it was summer again. Wind Chill is a few degrees lower.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiromant View Post
Looks like this heat wave may end next Saturday when temps will drop below freezing in the long term. It's a distant forecast still but a hope nevertheless.
Cool enough today 4c. But still no proper wintery weather.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Man, the southeast is winning as far as most below normal temp departures around the country. I mean 30s my way is normal but 30s down south with localized 20s is interesting,. and continual. Current temps.

This type of pattern would lead to snow events as far south as the southern gulf states thats why Im calling for above normal snow in the TN Valley.

Not many complaints up this way with 30s but down south most of them are probably wishing it was summer again. Wind Chill is a few degrees lower.
Whats interesting about that is the gradient. You'd expect it to be around 0f up at the top of the USA but it is more or less the same temperature which I think is amazing.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:47 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,840,231 times
Off-topic, but Rozenn, how do you choose statistics for a country/city outside France in meteociel? I can't find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather