Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2021, 01:31 AM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 335,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Today I drove by city hall and the lawn and library's lawn was nice and cleared up, replaced with a bunch of straw to probably build the grass up again and keep the homeless off. I only saw a couple of homeless people hanging around the opposite side of the library, which is normal. Now if only the library can re-open that would be great. Has another shelter opened? It seems so because the homeless were basically gone today. So now they're either spread out roaming the town or they're in a new shelter. 4 were arrested and the rest left to somewhere.

I was hoping the clearing up would happen Friday so I can see some of it. Apparently there was a big demonstration being organized from out of town and so they cleared it before Friday. They had excavators and riot cops clearing it up.

Bellingham is a cold town ta live outdoors in, I would think, eh? Why not head south to Alamogordo, NM, ta live outside? I'll tell you why...not. The cops in this small town of 35,000 New Mexicans would boot anyone they can see living outside out of town or throw them in jail like Otis on Mayberry. No kidding.
It's more socially acceptable in some cities, like where it's out of control and the weather is mild.

I read this year Seattle isn't planning to count the unsheltered homeless. The number would probably be staggering and hard to count. Cities like Seattle are 100% incompetent and rotten to the core. Condos are now cheaper in Seattle than in Bellingham. If a city could allow an autonomous zone with no regard for general public who live there, then that's a good sign to leave that city. Where I'm from, you head to the Atlantic City shelter if you're homeless. It's a known place, but here the shelters seem to keep moving to different locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 08:45 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,545,525 times
It's a known place, but here the shelters seem to keep moving to different locations.

Like outside, in a tent. Tent City refugees. They're refugees from a broken system. I don't hate them, they need a tender heart to help them. Seattle, my birth city, is really crippling theirself with this problem.

I love that my favorite sports team of all time is planning on returning, the Seattle Supersonics, but, the City of Seattle is kind of a nuthouse overall.

Nutty and...fruity?

Old 02-02-2021, 01:10 PM

1,685 posts, read 2,726,427 times
The new homeless camp is growing: https://www.king5.com/article/news/l...ifVEL4GO3l8L-k

Old 02-02-2021, 10:18 PM

I know a couple guys that are homeless so they can save money, living out in there car. They work full time and stay in their vehicle. Parks and big areas like these are perfect for sleeping at night with out too many people to disturb you. Walmart and the city hall no longer allow it so people are branching out closer to residential areas.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:00 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,754,818 times
Video of the city hall sweep from the advocate for homesnow. Seems some people that are not part of the homeless population were there trying to stir up unrest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7lt...e=emb_imp_woyt

The ball field camp is supposed to cleanup and move out today by 4pm, I'm hoping things proceed peacefully.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:47 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,950,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Video of the city hall sweep from the advocate for homesnow. Seems some people that are not part of the homeless population were there trying to stir up unrest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7lt...e=emb_imp_woyt

The ball field camp is supposed to cleanup and move out today by 4pm, I'm hoping things proceed peacefully.
Totally agree, people like this had a lot to do with the situation escalating at City Hall, and their actions and threats led to the more militarized looking response that they complained about. Homes Now hadproblems with their former CEO embezzling money, but that's been taken care of, and overall they are a group actually trying to empower people and come up with housing solutions, as opposed to anarchists trying to cause problems. When Homes Now had their camp set up in Sunnyland, we had zero problems. In fact, their residents kept things very clean and regularly picked up garbage in the streets.

Old 02-06-2021, 04:59 AM

ANTIFA destroys everything they touch. They don't want to be on camera because they hop from city to city to destroy things and push a commie/totalitarian agenda. They hide their identity so they won't be arrested. We can't let them break and vandalize things in Bellingham anymore than they have. One on one they're a bunch of soy boys with umbrellas and dorky helmets to gain up on brave liberty loving individuals.

Those girls clearly don't know basic liberties of this country, like filming in public. They don't want an archive of history because history proves contrary to their agendas. Bellingham could become the next Seattle or Portland, as it's been going in that direction during the past year during covid and George Floyd.

Old 02-07-2021, 06:12 AM

Here's a video of violent protesters fighting police during the morning of the city hall clean up. Man if I did this in other states, my head would have been bashed in and thrown in the back of a vehicle. I guess these ANTIFA anarchist types get a pass for being mentally deranged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bB7...ture=emb_title

Old 03-23-2021, 12:17 PM

Police are unable to keep Laurel Park clear of homeless. A cop said he's unable to arrest a guy who brandishes a knife unless he stabs someone with it. They urinate on surrounding private property and scream through the night. The mission is concerned about when eviction moratoriums end. Only 2 people took up their offer on a bed and addiction help. The mayor is upset. Nothing is working.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:37 PM

1,685 posts, read 2,726,427 times
I saw the camp building in Laurel Park yesterday- pallets, tarps, tents, shopping carts with full garbage bags etc. Looked very sketchy. Right next to the kids' playground equipment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington