Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 09:38 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,764 posts, read 58,200,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Well, the OP was looking for a place that "resembles country living," but isn't therefore actually in the country ....
a PNW (we_tside) plus vegetation overgrowth. Many older portions of cities have some large lots not visible to neighbors. (We had a 5 acre fruit farm in the middle of a significant city)

Generally lots are smaller on left coast (Higher taxes / land costs), subdivisions are dense, and privacy fences common. (Not too rural looking)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 02:03 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,478,211 times
Yeah, makes one wonder at the criteria for the term.

For me, it resembles country living if one can take a leak in the yard and not end up on the registered sex offender list.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:08 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,278,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post

For me, it resembles country living if one can take a leak in the yard and not end up on the registered sex offender list.
LOL! This was actually very high on my priority list when we bought our 20 acres last year - I needed to have at least one good spot that I could pee outside without any neighbors being able to see.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:16 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,157,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
LOL! This was actually very high on my priority list when we bought our 20 acres last year - I needed to have at least one good spot that I could pee outside without any neighbors being able to see.
Amen!!
I will third that notion.. Spent the majority of my life with that as a given, most places not even a.consideration leak where one needs too when one needs too. Yep, its about as close to religion as I get!/lol

Old 01-26-2015, 02:54 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,545,150 times
Quote:
Yeah, makes one wonder at the criteria for the term. For me, it resembles country living if one can take a leak in the yard and not end up on the registered sex offender list.
Haha, that's great! Count my spouse in on that one!

Old 01-26-2015, 06:39 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,157,118 times
Quote:

OK
I think it is official.. You just defined "resembles country living".. Lol

Old 01-26-2015, 10:31 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,478,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
OK
I think it is official.. You just defined "resembles country living".. Lol
*hastily updating résumé*

Old 01-27-2015, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,249 times
I grew up in Yakima Area and the Olympic Mtn area (Sequim and Port Angeles). This are has very low rain precipitation because of the Olympic Rain Forest. If you like hiking and biking this region has a lot to offer. Fishing, Backpacking and Camping. But Eastern WA has a lot to offer for all seasons. Yakima has all seasons, but not as much rain like the western part (Cascade Mtns). Spokane has a lot to offer with military bases (Air Force and Army) which is not to0 far to Canada, Idaho and Montana. I miss the area a lot, I chose to join the Navy and chose a duty station out of Norfolk, Virginia. That was over 24 years ago. I love the East Coast, but miss the Northwest, that is my home and family!

Hope this helps in your decision! Happy New Year!

Old 01-27-2015, 02:31 PM

8,075 posts, read 8,390,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
a PNW (we_tside) plus vegetation overgrowth. Many older portions of cities have some large lots not visible to neighbors. (We had a 5 acre fruit farm in the middle of a significant city)

Generally lots are smaller on left coast (Higher taxes / land costs), subdivisions are dense, and privacy fences common. (Not too rural looking)
Up until relatively recently, at least, there actually were two farms within Seattle's city limits, according to this article (and I seem to remember an article about a third):

Danny Westneat | Hey, please lay off the farmland | Seattle Times Newspaper

I suppose one could choose to live next to a greenbelt, of which there are several extensive examples in Seattle. They tend to be habitat for more than just four-legged "critters", however.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:37 PM

18 posts, read 43,913 times
Graham maybe? Not too far from Tacoma but fairly rural. I also know some people like Enumclaw and other foothills towns. Not too far to work but not city living
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington