Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2018, 07:26 AM

170 posts, read 235,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
IT is a perfect spot. It overlooks the Potomac just like the Gaylord and MGM. It would be a great place to hold concerts in the summer. They really need a roof so that they could activate programming year round and not just have a huge plot of land sit dormant. Or at least cover one half so if there is inclement weather, you can still hold events.

2027 is long enough to get transit over there too. Five years for politicians to squabble and get funding, four years to build. It should go to National Harbor with a pedestrian bridge over 495 to the stadium.
I agree! Extend the Purple Line across the Woodrow Wilson to VA. Create a sustainable stadium and surrounding development to attract HQ2 employees, ancillary offices. Bulldoze FedEx Field and create mixed use development for entertainment, office, retail, and recreation opportunities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 07:41 AM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,298 posts, read 7,788,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjosephunf View Post
I agree! Extend the Purple Line across the Woodrow Wilson to VA. Create a sustainable stadium and surrounding development to attract HQ2 employees, ancillary offices. Bulldoze FedEx Field and create mixed use development for entertainment, office, retail, and recreation opportunities.
100% agree.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:16 PM

125 posts, read 155,923 times
I am not really a fan of big stadiums. So much promise but it seems they only offer very small wage jobs, alot of traffic and headaches. It has not improved landover very much. As much I like the Oxon Hill farm, i wish there were more commercial places along oxon hill rd. Leaving some green spots around the area would be nice for the future. But a stadium seems a waste of space.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:12 AM

196 posts, read 207,180 times
I think It about time for National Harbor and PG County to start bus line between Pentagon city/Crystal city to Oxon Hill/National Harbor. The line can have a stops at multiple Metro stations - Crystal city, Potomac Yard(New) Pentagon city and also may be at New walkway to Reagan Airport.
Now that NY is no longer going to be part of the amazon Move, Crystal City may end up being the only HQ2 location for amazon,

Old 02-14-2019, 11:28 AM

7,089 posts, read 9,670,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampg1 View Post
I think It about time for National Harbor and PG County to start bus line between Pentagon city/Crystal city to Oxon Hill/National Harbor. The line can have a stops at multiple Metro stations - Crystal city, Potomac Yard(New) Pentagon city and also may be at New walkway to Reagan Airport.
Now that NY is no longer going to be part of the amazon Move, Crystal City may end up being the only HQ2 location for amazon,
They should put the NY HQ in Baltimore. Close enough to DC to tap the talent and close enough to Philly/NY to tap that talent. I mean they were going to build it across the street from the largest public housing project on the east coast. Downtown Baltimore can't be any worse. They would also get all the incentives that Hogan offered.

They should have that bus line from NH to the King St Metro. Doesn't need to be straight to Amazon Ave. I don't think that many people will live at NH that will work at Amazon. People will snap up all the vacancies and homes for sale within a square mile of Crystal City first.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
They should put the NY HQ in Baltimore. Close enough to DC to tap the talent and close enough to Philly/NY to tap that talent. I mean they were going to build it across the street from the largest public housing project on the east coast. Downtown Baltimore can't be any worse. They would also get all the incentives that Hogan offered.
Yes, Baltimore can be a great option but I think they will just keep dragging the 2nd office location for sometime and see how the National Landing will play out.

Quote:
They should have that bus line from NH to the King St Metro. Doesn't need to be straight to Amazon Ave. I don't think that many people will live at NH that will work at Amazon. People will snap up all the vacancies and homes for sale within a square mile of Crystal City first.
NH1 and NH2 runs b/w king street and Oxon Hill park & ride but I think it would be great if the bus line connects Pentagon city and Oxon Hill. The line is not only for Amazon employees but for employees that are around Pentagon City. You can also easily get to Nova and DC job market from pentagon city.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:46 AM

4 posts, read 4,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampg1 View Post
Yes, Baltimore can be a great option but I think they will just keep dragging the 2nd office location for sometime and see how the National Landing will play out.

NH1 and NH2 runs b/w king street and Oxon Hill park & ride but I think it would be great if the bus line connects Pentagon city and Oxon Hill. The line is not only for Amazon employees but for employees that are around Pentagon City. You can also easily get to Nova and DC job market from pentagon city.

I agree with this. I'd like to see Prince George's officials and the Peterson family be proactive with Amazon.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:04 PM

7,089 posts, read 9,670,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMIKEY22 View Post
I'd like to see Prince George's officials and the Peterson family be proactive with Amazon.
I want them to be proactive too. But with a more transit-oriented location. IF Amazon were to choose NH. ANd that's one big hell of an IF, they would probably be fully built out and staffed before the first rail line, IF there was one planned, designed, approved, and funded.

There are other places in the county shovel ready and close to transit. And from some news reports, the county has already selected its locations; College Park and Greenbelt. Both pretty much shovel ready and at existing transit hubs. ANd also near the Purple Line which is already under construction.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I want them to be proactive too. But with a more transit-oriented location. IF Amazon were to choose NH. ANd that's one big hell of an IF, they would probably be fully built out and staffed before the first rail line, IF there was one planned, designed, approved, and funded.

There are other places in the county shovel ready and close to transit. And from some news reports, the county has already selected its locations; College Park and Greenbelt. Both pretty much shovel ready and at existing transit hubs. ANd also near the Purple Line which is already under construction.
You are right, College Park and Greenbelt are shovel ready in attracting Amazon HQ2, specially now that NYC is out. But on the other side National Harbor and Oxon Hill area representatives should be proactive and plan accordingly to connect the area with Crystal City's Amazon Office, at list diverting NH1/NH2 or creating a new bus line to Pentagon city/Crystal City from Oxon Hill/Fort Washington - this give the greater Fort Washington residents easy access to job opportunity created by Amazon HQ2. In general the pentagon city connection can easily give access to 100k job opportunity.

Amazon HQ2 -35k+ Jobs
Pentagon - 50k + Jobs

Old 02-18-2019, 07:20 AM

662 posts, read 794,571 times
Nobody is moving their business to the city w/the highest murder rate in America. Why would you do that to your employees?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland