Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2016, 10:13 AM

7,084 posts, read 9,595,864 times

Advertisements

DSP PDF with great details. There will be more space for retail and restaurants in the lobby area of the hotel. I counted 7 spaces for either retail, restaurants, or entertainment on page 27 of the PDF. The graveyard will be intact though surrounded by the building on three sides. There will be public access to the cemetery as a memorial. There also appears to be an enclosed walkway from the hotel/condos to the MGM main building as indicated on many of the slides. There will also be penthouses. And I'm sure they will have great views of DC.

I'd look to a 2019 opening for this if approved.

mncppc.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=4&ID=5039&MeetingID=1308
Attached Thumbnails
National Harbor - News, Events, Updates, Questions and Developments Etc.-new_mgm_parcels.jpg  

Last edited by adelphi_sky; 02-20-2016 at 11:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 11:14 AM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,140 posts, read 7,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post

DSP PDF with great details. There will be more space for retail and restaurants in the lobby area of the hotel. I counted 7 spaces for either retail, restaurants, or entertainment on page 27 of the PDF. The graveyard will be intact though surrounded by the building on three sides. There will be public access to the cemetery as a memorial. There also appears to be an enclosed walkway from the hotel/condos to the MGM main building as indicated on many of the slides. There will also be penthouses. And I'm sure they will have great views of DC.

http://mncppc.iqm2.com/Citizens/File...MeetingID=1308

Not sure if it's just me but the PDF only went up to 9 pages, and showed details for a project on Ritchie Marlboro Rd. Is there another PDF on the site for MGM?

Old 02-20-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Not sure if it's just me but the PDF only went up to 9 pages, and showed details for a project on Ritchie Marlboro Rd. Is there another PDF on the site for MGM?

Sorry about that. I updated the link in my post. Here it is again,

Old 02-20-2016, 11:52 AM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,140 posts, read 7,610,170 times
Quote:
Sorry about that. I updated the link in my post. Here it is again,

Cool, that looks very detailed as you mentioned. I have not visited the site in a while, does there seem to be a small tunnel branching off from the beltway directly into the MGM site? Is this something that has already been done or will be in the future phase? Looks like just NE of the tower there is an underpass that connects from the beltway, probably just for inbound traffic.

In fact page 10 of the slides seems to show it from an aerial satellite view which may answer my question.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:18 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,570,948 times
Quote:

mncppc.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=4&ID=5039&MeetingID=1308
I'm sure it will be approved. It may take a few sessions but it will be. its nice though and will really establish a tone for that section of the harbor.My question is transportation with that type of density they are going to need a better plan. On another note, I also want to see how they dress up the cemetery as that is not the best view from a hotel room lol.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:09 AM

341 posts, read 424,977 times
Traffic continues to concern me. Maryland Live gets to be such a cluster.

I don't know why people have hang ups about cemeteries. It's very irrational.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:55 AM

130 posts, read 143,561 times
@urban scholar mentioned that there might be a private public agreement for a metro to mgm. Hopefully this building will drive towards that goal in the new future. I have also been hearing rumblings of the redskins look behind Oxon hill farm for a new stadium. Could be an incredible few year for the Oxon hill area.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:34 AM

Interesting statement about the difference between MGM National Harbor and MGM Springfield by a market analyst. Recall that MGM scaled the MGM National Harbor resort up by $500 million while scaling down the resort in Springfield. That's a stark indication about how many people think MGM National Harbor will be a big play on the east coast.

Quote:
The debut of its two new east coast entries in Springfield, Massachusetts and National Harbor, Maryland will become immediate contributors to EBITDA, further reducing MGM's dependence on Macau. We're on record as having based some of our previous enthusiasm for MGM shares in the low $20s on our expectation that its National Harbor development was excellently sited, well planned and executed. It's a clear winner in the waiting room.

However, offset against that plus, we remain bearish about the company's other new development in Springfield, Massachusetts, which we believe faces considerable headwinds from a beggar-thy-neighbor border tribal property aimed at blunting the new MGM efforts to steal market share from the core Hartford-New Haven. That area is now very much part of the core feeder group of the two Connecticut tribal properties. Furthermore, the slot parlor opened earlier this year by Penn National near Boston began well enough, but is slow into a post novelty monthly win average. The difference between it and the MGM development is that the Penn National property has no pretenses about being anything but a slot parlor with basic food amenities not a full stroke resort. And of course, hovering to pounce sometime in 2018 is the Wynn integrated resort, which could threaten to engulf the entire New England market with a mega glamorous product. MGM has already rescaled its Springfield plan downward, triggering the consternation of local officials there.

Is It Time To Tease Out The Signals Buried In The MGM Earnings Call? - MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM) | Seeking Alpha

Old 02-22-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Interesting statement about the difference between MGM National Harbor and MGM Springfield by a market analyst. Recall that MGM scaled the MGM National Harbor resort up by $500 million while scaling down the resort in Springfield. That's a stark indication about how many people think MGM National Harbor will be a big play on the east coast.

Is It Time To Tease Out The Signals Buried In The MGM Earnings Call? - MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM) | Seeking Alpha
That is interesting and it confirms earlier thoughts that MGM NH will be a flagship for MGM on the east coast.I always felt that their Springfield location would be a challenge due to its location. There are already a lot of heavy hitters in that area which makes it much harder to gain significant market share compared to what they can do in the DC market.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmvwhatup View Post
@urban scholar mentioned that there might be a private public agreement for a metro to mgm. Hopefully this building will drive towards that goal in the new future. I have also been hearing rumblings of the redskins look behind Oxon hill farm for a new stadium. Could be an incredible few year for the Oxon hill area.
Upon hearing about this development, I thought that it would definitely serve as a catalyst for extending the metro line to NH. They also still have the metro noted on the NH Master Plan so I feel more confident that what was shared with me about it being in place between 2020 and 2022 is true. We will see though. They will need to do something (metro, BRT, trolley, or a combination) because its definitely becoming more of a 24 hour destination and the current transportation plan will not suffice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland