Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 08:52 PM

200 posts, read 293,966 times

Advertisements

Of all of the cities I have visited/driven in this country the DC area has the worst drivers.
I chalk it up to everyone wanting to be in the same place at the same time. How many people are commuting 30 or more minutes and want it to end? They get crazed at that point. I am retired and visit down in Charles county often. The commuters are absolutely insane. A few things that stand out to me are the failure to use turn signals, tailgating, trying to squeeze into a merging lane when a sign informs you the lane ends in a mile and the worst...People driving towards a traffic light and riding their brakes anticipating it to turn red. Idiots! Green means go, not stop. How many people get frustrated by this and try to pass the offenders and end up causing more close calls? Ever been passed driving up Palmer Road from 210? It's a single lane road though some act as if it is 4 lane.

How many times have you been driving along and some idiot dives in front of you, breaks to the point of stopping in the road then makes a right turn without signaling?
How about the people who don't do the speed limit but ride their brakes when going down hills so they stay somewhat near it? I leave my truck in 3rd-4th gear and let it coast so I don't do that.
What's the speed limit on most road here on the west side of the county? 30-35, correct? How many times have you ever been passed on Fort Washington road at double that speed? Almost got hit at the rotary? Seen people slam their breaks on when they get to the elementary school near the entrance to the golf course?

I wish the police - who have nothing to do since cameras do most of their duties - would stop people who commit these offenses, along with talking on the phone, so they wake up. A lot of these people could stand to take some remedial driver's education class with a test they must pass to recertify for a driving license.
Why is it when the police do pull someone over three patrol cars must be there with lights blazing? Is there some crime wave happening that needs this kind of attention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland