Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 07:46 AM

105 posts, read 352,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
Great Comeback My Friend........
Hey Sally,

Check out the history of Edinburg,VA and what happend to that City during the Civil War. Oh and by the way this happend to ALOT of VA cities.

Do your history before you put the words in your head on the computer Hoss.

Again why are these murlanders and this board?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 12:23 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,179,750 times
Why would anyone in their right mind choose NC over MD? MD has more culture, diversity, employment opportunities, infrastructure, history, architecture. I could go on and on but I'm watching a show about 10 worst places to work (chicken farms in NC) on the Discovery Channel, which BTW is headquartered in MD.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Why would anyone in their right mind choose NC over MD? MD has more culture, diversity, employment opportunities, infrastructure, history, architecture. I could go on and on but I'm watching a show about 10 worst places to work (chicken farms in NC) on the Discovery Channel, which BTW is headquartered in MD.
This statement is outlandish and false, I am overloaded just thinking of all the ways to respond to this.

When you make claims like this at least back it up with some kind of evidence, even if the evidence is from a non-reputable scource. Something that has some worth other than the empty attempt you graced us with.

Here I will help you a little:
America's Fastest growing States
Reported by Fortune-----2006-2007

#36: Maryland
Population gain: 26,128
2005: 5,589,599
2006: 5,615,727
% growth: 0.47

#7: North Carolina
Population gain: 184,046
2005: 8,672,459
2006: 8,856,505
% growth: 2.08

Old 09-03-2008, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 11,671 times
I would definitely choose Mrylnd, i think the majority of Virginians are closer to Maryland,culturally,historically,etc.

Virginia and North Carolina LOOK LIKE twin states, but they really aren't, the only people who relate well with North Carolina locationally are southern Virginians, if you live in (Danville,Martinsville-(maybe)parts of Hampton Roads) you might favor North Carolina, but other than that definitely Maryland

Old 09-03-2008, 02:51 PM

Hey Stockdale,

MD was recently named "The Richest State in the US." It's not even a contest. Look up per capita income, average home price, percentage of the population that's educated. I can go on but I won't. There is a reason why real estate in NC is so cheap? A lack of high paying jobs. Now stop disturbing me, they are about to highlight the NC chicken farm.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Hey Stockdale,

MD was recently named "The Richest State in the US." It's not even a contest. Look up per capita income, average home price, percentage of the population that's educated. I can go on but I won't. There is a reason why real estate in NC is so cheap? A lack of high paying jobs. Now stop disturbing me, they are about to highlight the NC chicken farm.
How long did it take to find a positive article about your precious murland? Ok richest state, you have half the population NC has? The first 5 states in that poll had less than a 5 million population. Your going to have to do alot better than that. Check out a smart state poll.

again why are these murlanders on this board?

Old 09-04-2008, 01:35 PM

First, I am from DC not MD but I am entitled to an opinion with a sprinkle of facts. Second, Connecticut has an even smaller population than MD but you would dare compare it with NC. Just face fact that MD is way more educated, more sophisticated, more socially conscious, more culturally diverse, more urban and nicer than NC.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:27 PM

3 posts, read 11,671 times
I think DC's finest has a point

Old 09-04-2008, 03:42 PM

1,799 posts, read 6,325,439 times
Why does any of this even matter?

Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
First, I am from DC not MD but I am entitled to an opinion with a sprinkle of facts. Second, Connecticut has an even smaller population than MD but you would dare compare it with NC. Just face fact that MD is way more educated, more sophisticated, more socially conscious, more culturally diverse, more urban and nicer than NC.
You are entitled to you opinion, I just think your opinion sucks. And what about Conneticut? I dont know what your talking about, how did I compare it?

And your opinions are mostly subjective, as are most peoples. But what really gets me is that you voted that you hate VA on the murland board. And talk trash about southern states.

So my question, if you can give any good reason as to why are you on this board?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia