Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 03:21 PM

306 posts, read 690,373 times

Advertisements

Anybody here eSports fans?

Major League Gaming followers? GameBattles?

What games? CoD, Starcraft? LoL?

Would love to meet more eSports fans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 10:04 AM

5,466 posts, read 5,720,116 times
I used to follow SC2 scene for about a year after SC2 came out.

Now I just follow/play LOL.

Most people here play console games though, so I don't think there is many of us here.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 AM

306 posts, read 690,373 times
So you follow DreamHack and MLG and whatnot? I love the SC scene. I just recently started learning the game to learn what the hype is all about and I love it. Commentary is freakin' awesome. The shoutcasters for SC2 are amazing.

LoL I could never really get a grasp around, but I wish I could. That is the biggest eSport scene out there!

There should be more supporters for CoD and Halo competitive! Especially since BO2 is incorporating so many competitive features to make it attractive to all. It's really an awesome and interesting twist to regular gaming to see these 4v4 tournaments.

I had a chance to go check out MLG Raleigh in 2011 where I was a coach of a Black Ops 1 team. We placed 14th as an amateur team. It was so fun! The atmosphere is so addicting.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:35 AM

5,466 posts, read 5,720,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
So you follow DreamHack and MLG and whatnot? I love the SC scene. I just recently started learning the game to learn what the hype is all about and I love it. Commentary is freakin' awesome. The shoutcasters for SC2 are amazing.
The foreign SC2 scene is weak and was always very weak compared to the Koreans even back in SC1 days. If you want to see some really great games watch Code S. (Don't watch the finals though, they always suck ).
Quote:
LoL I could never really get a grasp around, but I wish I could. That is the biggest eSport scene out there!
Yeah, the MOBA genre is really popular now. While I think a true RTS like SC2 is the best form of e-sport because it has the highest skill cap, MOBAs are just waaay more fun to play once you are at a decent level, so they have a much bigger following.

Quote:
There should be more supporters for CoD and Halo competitive! Especially since BO2 is incorporating so many competitive features to make it attractive to all. It's really an awesome and interesting twist to regular gaming to see these 4v4 tournaments.

I had a chance to go check out MLG Raleigh in 2011 where I was a coach of a Black Ops 1 team. We placed 14th as an amateur team. It was so fun! The atmosphere is so addicting.
I will have to be honest, but I am a bit biased when it comes to FPS games, since I think the old Counter-Strike (1.5 and 1.6) was the best competitive FPS made. Not to mention Halo comes from consoles, and any competent PC FPS gamer will dominate a pro console FPS gamer. This is simply due the mouse vs controller controls. When I watch people play FPS games on a console it feels like watching special olympics, only in esports the gamers are handicapping themselves on purpose. Playing a FPS without a mouse is like playing SC2 without a keyboard, yeah technically its possible and yea you will beat some people, but once you bump into someone competent enough you'll just get destroyed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games