Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2011, 09:41 AM

986 posts, read 2,334,573 times

Advertisements

that happened to me when I was up at Smuggs in January and they got 4 feet of snow. I just backed out, stopped, finished brushing off the car, and went on my way, but I have an Outback which might be easier to move out of a pile of snow like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 10:10 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,270,631 times
Quikdraw-I'd just leave it! Looks like the rain will take care of it Thurs night/fri...

Old 03-09-2011, 01:31 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,270,631 times
Today brought me to Vergennes which is located in northern Addison County and has a population of about 2500.
https://www.city-data.com/city/Vergennes-Vermont.html

Main Street

View looking west heading into town

Home on Main Street

More Main Street

Stevens House Corner of Main and Green

Bixby Library

Old 03-09-2011, 02:09 PM

2,062 posts, read 3,962,982 times
Oohhh...great pics Vter!!! Love seeing what a town 'looks like'....

Old 03-09-2011, 06:39 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,848,570 times
Quickdraw, what's your preferred method for clearing that snow, especially the snow in your driveway? That's a decently high wall of snow on either side, and I'm curious as to how you went about clearing it. Plain ole shovel? Snow blower? Plow attachment for the truck? Get the plowman a pint of whiskey?

Old 03-09-2011, 07:34 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,143,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
Quickdraw, what's your preferred method for clearing that snow, especially the snow in your driveway? That's a decently high wall of snow on either side, and I'm curious as to how you went about clearing it. Plain ole shovel? Snow blower? Plow attachment for the truck? Get the plowman a pint of whiskey?
I could only go with a thin shovel to clear the passenger side. Tires are spinning - I suppose I could dig more and get the gravel, but that's work. I'm going to leave it a few days.

Rest of the driveway(90 yards or so) is plowed at thirty five dollars a pop.
I have an uphill driveway with a curve. Very tricky.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:39 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,143,392 times
great pictures vt'er.

I've been meaning to go to this bar in Vergennes for a while.

It may be in that Stevens House building

Antidote » Photos

Old 03-09-2011, 07:59 PM

986 posts, read 2,334,573 times
Love the pics VTer. I love that the small towns in Vermont have such dense main streets like that. It makes them look a lot bigger than they are. My dream is to live in such an area within walking or biking distance to the town center.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,937,988 times
When I drove a delivery truck for Butterworks Farm I stopped in Vergennes every other week at Fat Hen Mkt and Eat Good Food, which was right behind that iron rail in pic #2. Looks like it's got another name now. Nice town for sure. One winter (05/06?) they had no snow at all. Looks like they didn't miss out this year. I remember being surprised that there's a branch of Community National Bank there. Not that a bank is anything unusual, but CNB is a small Derby based op confined mainly to Orleans County. They're in Montpelier on State Street too.

Thanks for the cool pics there, vter!

Old 03-09-2011, 09:04 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,848,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Rest of the driveway(90 yards or so) is plowed at thirty five dollars a pop.
I have an uphill driveway with a curve. Very tricky.
Whew! You don't have to answer this, but how often do you have to do that?

I mean, once you have a few inches on the ground, it's really tough getting up a driveway like that, especially in very mountainous terrain, even if you do have AWD. My friend's driveway would be really tough with more than a couple inches, probably, because it's up a really steep mountain road with multiple switchbacks. Guess that's just another part of dealing with winter in the Green Mountains, though; gotta keep the snow cleared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont