Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 11:27 AM

4 posts, read 15,337 times

Advertisements

Here's a few pics from the Northwestern section of Vermont near Burlington and north from there
Attached Thumbnails
Official Vermont Picture Thread-whale-tails-i89vt.jpg   Official Vermont Picture Thread-vt-pics-017.jpg   Official Vermont Picture Thread-vt-pics-013.jpg   Official Vermont Picture Thread-vt-pics-006.jpg   Official Vermont Picture Thread-vt-pics-009.jpg  

Official Vermont Picture Thread-vt-pics-011.jpg   Official Vermont Picture Thread-vt-pics-010.jpg   Official Vermont Picture Thread-snow-tulips-006.jpg   Official Vermont Picture Thread-vtlandscapes-038.jpg   Official Vermont Picture Thread-vtlandscapes-032.jpg  

Official Vermont Picture Thread-snow-tulips-003.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 06:04 AM

1,475 posts, read 4,141,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayJim View Post
Here are some pics I took over Labor Day weekend.

Sunset over the Appalachian Gap

Double Rainbow over Bristol

Farm in Montpelier

Goat at Morse Farm

View from Morse Farm (even the clouds are beautiful in VT)
Bristol is one of my favorite towns, we lived there for a few months
while waiting for the previous owners of our present home to vacate.
It looks like one of my very favorite restaurants in the area, Bobcat Cafe, just missed getting in the picture. Bristol has a wonderful 4th of July 4th celebration btw.

Just north of town are rapids with huge rocks. Go there on a hot day and sit in the rapids and look at the beautiful scenery. Even when it's crowded, you can feel like you are the only one there because the giant rocks act like borders that people respect. A true Vermont gem.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:25 AM

986 posts, read 2,333,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Bristol is one of my favorite towns, we lived there for a few months
while waiting for the previous owners of our present home to vacate.
It looks like one of my very favorite restaurants in the area, Bobcat Cafe, just missed getting in the picture. Bristol has a wonderful 4th of July 4th celebration btw.

Just north of town are rapids with huge rocks. Go there on a hot day and sit in the rapids and look at the beautiful scenery. Even when it's crowded, you can feel like you are the only one there because the giant rocks act like borders that people respect. A true Vermont gem.
That was our second trip to the Bobcat Cafe. Awesome food, awesome beer. Thanks for the tip on the rapids. I'll have to try to find those next time we're up there and it's hot.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayJim View Post
That was our second trip to the Bobcat Cafe. Awesome food, awesome beer. Thanks for the tip on the rapids. I'll have to try to find those next time we're up there and it's hot.
Bristol Falls Swimming Hole - Bristol, VT

I haven't seen most of it. We go about half way down. There are so many rocks of all sizes that you can find a still little pool to sit in, or you can sit between two rocks and have water powerfully coming at you. Some places are better than others, I'm not familiar enough to describe where you should go.

You have to be careful as the rocks can be very slippery. Water shoes would be best. Some of the water is very strong. I was sitting in a pool once and I heard someone say "help me". A woman washed right past me, I grabbed her ankle before she went head first into rapid water.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:41 PM

47 posts, read 105,744 times
Official Vermont Picture Thread-2009-10-09_00078.jpg

Official Vermont Picture Thread-2010-may-26-220.jpg

Official Vermont Picture Thread-2010-may-26-236.jpg

Official Vermont Picture Thread-2010-may-26-407.jpg

Official Vermont Picture Thread-2010-may-26-412.jpg

Official Vermont Picture Thread-pineforest2.jpg

Old 09-23-2010, 07:34 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,930,887 times
Nice! Hartland / Woodstock area?

Old 09-30-2010, 06:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,320 times
Default Champ?

Do any of you know where this little fellow is located? Buddy says he's here in Colchester but I don't think I've ever seen him in town. Would like to use him for some family photos at our upcoming reunion if possible.

Thanks!

Official Vermont Picture Thread-p5th.jpg

Old 10-04-2010, 01:08 PM

Went for a drive yesterday and today hoping for great shots - got nothing. North East Kingdom is past slightly past peak and rain really did a job on the leaves. Drove over Lincoln Gap today through Warren and Waitsfield, this area was especially hit hard by early leaf drops due to rain.

Champlain Valley will be a little better by this weekend. My last chance.

Old window Waitsfield

pastel like leaves from extreme zoom in Richmond-fluke shot

Old 10-04-2010, 05:59 PM

47 posts, read 105,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
Nice! Hartland / Woodstock area?
Sorry for late reply.

All from the Barton / Glover area except next to last in Hartland.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:59 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Not pretty scenery...but I found this the other day while hiking and tracking a bear in the national forest in Mt Tabor; I've found cars in the woods, but never one with a big tree like this growing out of it:

Apparently, it belonged to a friend of Ronald McDonald:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont