Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 01:58 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a nice blast of cool air coming end of week.

National Weather Service Text Product Display
From NWS Burlington:

WITH ALL MAJOR MODELS IN BROAD AGREEMENT AND THE NAO TURNING NEGATIVE TOWARDS THE END OF THE WEEK...FEEL CONFIDENT THAT THE WEATHER WILL TURN WETTER AND COOLER TOWARDS WEEKS END. AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH WILL DIG THROUGH THE OHIO VALLEY
ON THURSDAY LEADING TO AN INCREASE IN SOUTHERLY FLOW FOR THE NORTH COUNTRY.

A COASTAL LOW WILL LIKELY DEVELOP THURSDAY NIGHT AND MOVE
INTO THE CANADIAN MARITIMES BY FRIDAY NIGHT. WHILE TIMING WILL STILL NEED TO BE WORKED OUT...CHANCES FOR SHOWERS WILL INCREASE ON THURSDAY...WITH THE GREATEST LIKELIHOOD OF RAIN THURSDAY NIGHT...AND SHOWERS CONTINUING ON FRIDAY AS LOW PULLS AWAY.

UPPER LEVEL TROUGH REMAINS OVERHEAD WITH PIECES OF ENERGY ROTATING THROUGH...SO CHANCES FOR RAIN OR SNOW SHOWERS CONTINUE FRIDAY NIGHT AND INTO SATURDAY.

TEMPERATURES WILL BE MILD ON THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT...BEFORE TURNING COLDER FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. HIGHS ON THURSDAY WILL BE IN THE 50S...FRIDAY NEAR 50...AND INTO THE 40S ON SATURDAY.

LOWS WILL DROP OFF FOR FRIDAY NIGHT AS WELL...DOWN INTO THE 20S AND 30S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 04:39 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,238,034 times
Well I could take this weather all Winter.

Not too cold not too hot.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:10 PM

26,428 posts, read 46,599,435 times
This is A typical La Nina pattern with more "blowtorch" warming events with a few days of cooler weather. This will likely be a 2nd half colder and snowier winter once the NAO and AO go negative and stay that way- as has been the trend the past several years. The PNA is still negative (more storms than average w/ a western trough). The PNA has to flip sign over to positive for a better chance at a sustained eastern trough with colder air and storms.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:11 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,937,988 times
I don't know what we did to deserve this, but yeah - I'll take it, too. Was outside today bringing in this winter's wood. Usually a job suited to cooler weather. But there I was in shorts and no shirt like it was almost summer. I certainly don't expect it to last but any day you can open the windows in November is a bonus.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
Was outside today bringing in this winter's wood. Usually a job suited to cooler weather. But there I was in shorts and no shirt like it was almost summer...
LOL... Yup... I went to split some more wood and actually stopped after 15 minutes because I was disgusted at the temps. LOL

The pile next to the house is not as big as last year this time but that should change in 2 weeks.

Cold front coming through right this moment but again temporary as we warm up after the weekend. Then cool down again for next weekend.

Rollercoast anyone?

Old 11-15-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
LOL... Yup... I went to split some more wood and actually stopped after 15 minutes because I was disgusted at the temps. LOL

The pile next to the house is not as big as last year this time but that should change in 2 weeks.

Cold front coming through right this moment but again temporary as we warm up after the weekend. Then cool down again for next weekend.

Rollercoast anyone?
Eastern ridge wants to rebuild every time, supported by the continual surge of warmth from the southern plains into the southeast up the coast.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:50 PM

Is Vermont ready for some snow? A Pre Thanksgiving storm is "possible" details being worked out with the models, track and temps included.

I'm thinking All snow for Vermont not rain. Maybe 2-4" as the storm will track too south for any big accumulations...

Still 5 days away...

When was the last time Vermont saw any decent snow accumulations??

Old 11-18-2011, 02:53 PM

Side note: Fairbanks Internation airport in Alaska smashed a record low.

Mountains out west are getting an insane amount of snow. Ski resorts are opening early this year and some earliest ever in that state...

You guys think the East mountains will get their chance soon?

Old 11-20-2011, 10:30 AM

Not for the next week or two. The eastern blowtorch November continues unabated. Any sustained cold keeps getting modified or pushed further and further back by the models. The West can always get good snows if the systems are in place with marginial cold air due to much higher elevations...

Old 11-20-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Not for the next week or two. The eastern blowtorch November continues unabated. Any sustained cold keeps getting modified or pushed further and further back by the models. The West can always get good snows if the systems are in place with marginial cold air due to much higher elevations...
Yup..inland track, not enough trough, no neg tilt, no phase, = rain.

Next potential would be 28th and 4th timeframe...

Keep us posted if the high peaks see any white stuff. Ski resorts are going to be hurting this year. Out west they are raking in the cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont