Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2011, 11:07 AM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Yup..inland track, not enough trough, no neg tilt, no phase, = rain.

Next potential would be 28th and 4th timeframe...

Keep us posted if the high peaks see any white stuff. Ski resorts are going to be hurting this year. Out west they are raking in the cash.
Blowtorch La Nina with zonal flow & split flow + -PNA, +NAO, +AO = big problems with sustained cold and snow in the East
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 11:30 AM

83,545 posts, read 75,390,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Blowtorch La Nina with zonal flow & split flow + -PNA, +NAO, +AO = big problems with sustained cold and snow in the East
Exactly..for sustained yes.. but for individual storm I throw out what the teleconnection are. Especially when we get 2 feet of snow in October with a positive nao..

I'm glad that storm happened because I've been saying for years no matter how much data, technology or history we look at, weather on Earth will change and do what it wants. We can only weigh the "chances" for now. Records for less than 100 years is histerical though.. Lol

Old 11-20-2011, 12:37 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Exactly..for sustained yes.. but for individual storm I throw out what the teleconnection are. Especially when we get 2 feet of snow in October with a positive nao..

I'm glad that storm happened because I've been saying for years no matter how much data, technology or history we look at, weather on Earth will change and do what it wants. We can only weigh the "chances" for now. Records for less than 100 years is histerical though.. Lol
The October storm was an extreme fluke. If it hadn't materialized most places would be waiting until December or January to see accumulating snow based on the way the pattern is shaping up. I read some literature that said the past several winters that the NAO and AO seemed to be trending negative throughout the winter. It isn't winter yet, but the exact opposite seems to be happening this year. Also, extreme cold in Alaska usually moves into the US within 2-3 weeks. I don't really see that happening either in this case.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:13 AM

The storm should move a little more south then what was thought...that means slightly less snow at the northern tip of NY, VT & NH and more snow towards Rutland southward...

Old 11-21-2011, 02:48 PM

Winter Storm Watch are up. Check your local county and towns.
Intellicast - Weather Alerts

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING.

* LOCATIONS...THE SOUTHEASTERN ADIRONDACKS AND UPPER HUDSON
VALLEY OF NEW YORK...AND THE SOUTHERN GREEN MOUNTAINS OF
VERMONT.

* HAZARD TYPES...MODERATE TO HEAVY WET SNOW MIXING WITH SLEET.

* ACCUMULATIONS...5 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW ACROSS THE ADIRONDACKS AND UPPER HUDSON VALLEY. 8 TO 12 INCHES OVER THE SOUTHERN GREEN MOUNTAINS.

* TIMING...RAIN WILL MOVE SOUTH TO NORTH ACROSS NEW YORK STATE AND ADJACENT WESTERN NEW ENGLAND...CHANGING TO A WINTRY MIX...THEN ALL WET SNOW IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN TUESDAY EVENING. SNOW WILL MIX WITH RAIN AND SLEET DURING THE DAY WEDNESDAY...TAPERING OFFWEDNESDAY EVENING AS SNOW.

* IMPACTS...MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW AND SLEET WILL MAKE FOR
HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS. ISOLATED POWER OUTAGES MAY RESULT
FROM FALLEN TREE LIMBS.

* VISIBILITIES...REDUCED TO LESS THAN ONE MILE AT TIMES.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:32 PM

Use the link to see the updates..They should adjust upwards as time gets closer... NOAA's National Weather Service - Burlington, VT - StormTotalSnow Graphics

Old 11-21-2011, 08:14 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,940,013 times
It's chilly tonight. Just got back from my usual walk and checked the thermometer. 15. Almost time to put the shorts away. Gorgeous night sky with no moon.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
It's chilly tonight. Just got back from my usual walk and checked the thermometer. 15. Almost time to put the shorts away. Gorgeous night sky with no moon.
Nice... Beginning steps of the slow transition into Winter... I think Vermont will do well this year...

New updates show almost a foot just to the West..

This mapwill refresh on updates.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:27 AM

Did you guys wake up to snow on ground?

Here are official reports so far in VT.
PNS from KBTV

Looks like Orwell and W. Bethel in Windsor County has the most at 8.5" so far.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:01 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,828,117 times
6" so far in the MRV, much more in the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont