Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 08:53 AM

1,321 posts, read 1,537,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Rofl, you really think that them swearing allegiance to UK or any other western country would change anything? If yes, you are more than naive.

For free handouts they will swear allegiance to whatever you desire and later laugh about you thinking: what an idiot.
I have worked with refugees. I was going to cite personal experience on this topic but decided not to. I will just say, "naïve."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 09:52 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,840,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
Really? Actually most notorious extremists have made their intentions very clear in the past. A mix of direct questioning and background checks are often likely to show where one's loyalties lie. From the 7/7 homegrown attacks in the UK to many others, numerous opportunities presented themselves showing these individuals were a danger to their country.

If a background check flags up an individual who was suspected of travelling to Syria to fight with ISIS then job well done. Also some diehards like Abu Hamza or Amir Chaudhry in the UK are very open and honest about their issues with UK/US foreign policy. In the case of the former he should never been allowed entry to the UK in the first place.

Also I ask again, what do you suppose we do? Leave them to die trying to reach Europe or meet our humanitarian obligations whilst performing the necessary checks to ensure those migrating are true refugees with honest intentions to their new host nation?

Or perhaps in the face of clear questions you will resort to more indirect name calling??
There is no good solution, but a lot of bad ones. But accepting every being that knocks on your door or rather, kicks it in, is no solution at all.

Instead of letting the horde in, feeding, educating, sheltering and housing them, all this money should go the refugee camps in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and so on. Feed, clothe, educate and give aid to them there.

Hopefully to somehow contain this problem in the future, there needs to be a full out military operation in Libya, Syria and Iraq. The situation right now where only some bombs are dropped isn't gonna cut it. The Kurds should also be given weapons as they seem to be the only ones going face to face with the savage ISIS.

But what Germany has done is quite disgusting. Basically they invited all the volks in Africa and ME to come to Europe. This year they prognozed 800 000 and today said that they could handel 500 000 a year, next year excpect these numbers to grow if not even double as the message it out: Cougar Merkel gives free stuff for nothing! Merkel literally took a big dump on the EU laws and now wants other member states to also smell the stink.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:05 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,940,652 times
Quote:
There is no good solution, but a lot of bad ones. But accepting every being that knocks on your door or rather, kicks it in, is no solution at all.

Instead of letting the horde in, feeding, educating, sheltering and housing them, all this money should go the refugee camps in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and so on. Feed, clothe, educate and give aid to them there.

Hopefully to somehow contain this problem in the future, there needs to be a full out military operation in Libya, Syria and Iraq. The situation right now where only some bombs are dropped isn't gonna cut it. The Kurds should also be given weapons as they seem to be the only ones going face to face with the savage ISIS.

But what Germany has done is quite disgusting. Basically they invited all the volks in Africa and ME to come to Europe. This year they prognozed 800 000 and today said that they could handel 500 000 a year, next year excpect these numbers to grow if not even double as the message it out: Cougar Merkel gives free stuff for nothing! Merkel literally took a big dump on the EU laws and now wants other member states to also smell the stink.
This ^^^^^^

What we are doing is letting emotion override common sense and looking to help a minority at the expense of the majority who are in the camps.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:28 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,051,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart G. Griffin View Post
I am sick of the sight of opportunistic politicians desperately climbing over each other to ascend to the moral high ground.

There are 100's of thousands of people on social housing waiting lists in Britain. Where is their compassion for them? Not a good enough photo opportunity to be had there.

Now we have the uber clown Cameron making up immigration policy based on how sad the photos on the Daily Mail website are today. For the record the poor boy who drowned was put into a boat by his father in Turkey. At a holiday resort no less. They were not fleeing Syria. They'd already achieved that when they crossed the border into Turkey. Not much of a benefits system there though, is there?

I'm tired of hearing this human tsunami described as 'refugees' and 'asylum seekers'. They are primarily economic migrants. Hungary is not handing out free houses and social security cash, so these poor oppressed souls hijack trains and demand to be taken to the nearest welfare office in Germany.

And all the while gutless, self serving politicians queue up to outdo each other in the 'who can look most compassionate on TV today' contest. All desperate to avoid criticism and keep themselves gainfully employed at the public's expense.

And to add to the vomit inducing spectacle, Saint Bob Geldof is going to put a few of them up in his houses. Generous offer Bob but, statistically speaking, life expectancy is higher in Syria than in your house.

Call me desperately unkind, but my spare room is full of rubbish already. I don't want to fill it up with yet more.
I know it shouldn't but I have to admit this made me laugh out loud! :-)

Old 09-08-2015, 10:55 AM

861 posts, read 853,389 times
Quote:

So in short leave them locked out and those who try to make it here can drown/suffocate in trucks for all you care??

Also it is you who have described fellow human beings as a 'horde'.

Also your solution, is pretty much what got us into this mess in the first place. How do you solve a problem caused through meddling, through meddling some more? Yet you call me 'naive'...

I have already said people should be vetted before entry and the Middle East should be brought into the dialogue of where these migrants should go.

I would agree the sheer numbers that Merkel has accepted doesn't help matters as it has turned the whole situation into a circus. But I think that is due to Germany's pretty appalling demographics, so they need people. But what is done is done and more will come, the issue is how best to accommodate them..!!

Btw that Bob Geldof joke was funny but cold!!

Old 09-08-2015, 11:04 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,708,485 times
Can someone explain to me what Germany is actually doing? I read somewhere they want to take 500,000 a year for the next several years??

wtf? Why? That seems insane. And whats with the crowds of people gathering to welcome the refugees??

Old 09-08-2015, 11:08 AM

861 posts, read 853,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Can someone explain to me what Germany is actually doing? I read somewhere they want to take 500,000 a year for the next several years??

wtf? Why? That seems insane.
Here goes the theory Why Germany needs migrants more than UK - BBC News

Old 09-08-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
So in short leave them locked out and those who try to make it here can drown/suffocate in trucks for all you care??
If this situation continues people will keep on coming and drown and suffocate in trucks anyway. If they know that they will be accepted this influx won't stop. Deport them all and accept only a few or better, none, and the opportunists might think twice before giving their money to human traffickers and risk drowning/suffocating.
Quote:
Also it is you who have described fellow human beings as a 'horde'.
Yes, I have and rightly so. Have you seen how this horde made its way through Macedonia and Hungary? Hard to call them humans, not all of course.
Quote:
Also your solution, is pretty much what got us into this mess in the first place. How do you solve a problem caused through meddling, through meddling some more? Yet you call me 'naive'...
No, what happened in Libya and other countries was a half-arsed attempt that didn't have any end game. The power vacuum was left void and it was filled with the nastiest scoundrel. The EU and US seem to be incapable of coming up with a strategy that wouldn't flood Europe with migrants. Conspiracy theory: that exactly is the plan and it's working great, the destruction of European nation states runs at full pace
Quote:
I have already said people should be vetted before entry and the Middle East should be brought into the dialogue of where these migrants should go.
Dialogue yes, but with whom?
Quote:
I would agree the sheer numbers that Merkel has accepted doesn't help matters as it has turned the whole situation into a circus. But I think that is due to Germany's pretty appalling demographics, so they need people. But what is done is done and more will come, the issue is how best to accommodate them..!!
They would be best accommodated in their own countries thus the factors that hinder them returning should be eliminated fast.
Quote:
Btw that Bob Geldof joke was funny but cold!!
On of the bests I have heard on here.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:

wtf? Why? That seems insane. And whats with the crowds of people gathering to welcome the refugees??
Mass psychosis is going on in Germany. They would do everything to not ever be called nazis again, even cultural suicide.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:26 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,246,765 times
Quote:

Quote:

Its a tough one, but I am not sure that taking in hundreds of thousands (if not more) of refugees really helps with Germany's economic needs - maybe it does, maybe it doesn't - I haven't looked into it. However, even though there is clearly a humanitarian aspect to this whole thing, I don't think it is a good idea to publicly state that migrants are welcome with open arms. Where do you draw the line? There is no way that Greece, Italy, Spain, France etc can afford to shoulder the burden of millions of migrants from Syria and the like. What about Somalia, or the Congo, or Sudan? What about Guatemala? About 1 in every 120/130 people on earth could be considered refugees.

I would be slightly annoyed if I was living in a euro country suffering at the plight of Angela Merkel's disastrous handling of the EU's economic woes, subject to her demand for austerity, and then having to shoulder the responsibility of thousands of refugees because she demands so. At the risk of sounding callous, I think that European countries need to set a quota for refugee status and stick to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom