Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 12:53 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,246,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danida View Post
I dislike how they took one case of a boy who drowned and started using it as propaganda. People die all over the world. That boy didn't die because the borders of every country aren't completely open.

I get it -- it horrible what the refugees are going through, but why do we can't just open all the borders everywhere.

What infuriated me the most was when I heard on the radio one morning how the US wants to bring in thousands of refugees. So they don't have to work to get to America, they don't have to study their asses off and pay literally hundreds of thousands of dollars, then fight to stay there all their lives, like I will have to, and thousands more like me. They are just accepted there. Like that. Given a home and all. Yeah, stay, here's some free education.

What are you even talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 03:12 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,061,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
From what I gather, He/she wants to live in the US.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:51 AM

18,542 posts, read 18,789,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
The truth.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:32 AM

8 posts, read 5,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
The UK is being duped.. we giving handouts to these people that no other country will give.. no wonder their rushing to get in here...theyve knocked it off.
So true..plenty of our own are living on the streets...no jobs etc etc....I am not unsympathetic but it's time for the Uk to realize that charity begins at home!

Old 03-23-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Wood View Post
So true..plenty of our own are living on the streets...no jobs etc etc....I am not unsympathetic but it's time for the Uk to realize that charity begins at home!
our disabled were to have their benefits cut big time,to allow the government to rake in millions, so why the hell are we bending over backwards to give benefits houses etc to people who have contributed nothing to our country,sick of it.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:20 PM

16,685 posts, read 17,457,574 times
I think we should count our blessings that we do not live in a country that is ravaged by civil war, and has other countries bombing the place to oblivion.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
I think we should count our blessings that we do not live in a country that is ravaged by civil war, and has other countries bombing the place to oblivion.
Jez they were already bombing each other beforehand..

Old 03-24-2016, 04:51 AM

703 posts, read 446,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
when you look at the news reports on the TV of these so called "refugees" very few seem to fit that description, none of them are in rags, they all seem to be wearing good fitting branded clothing and they all seem to have the latest mobile phone, most are fit, young men, sure there are some families amongst them-these are probably the only genuine refugees amongst them- the rest are just economic "migrants" looking for a better life in the affluent west.
I often wonder how they keep their phones charged when they're on the road. My charger is next to my chair and my phone often goes flat ('cos I forget to plug it in)

Old 03-24-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff956 View Post
I often wonder how they keep their phones charged when they're on the road. My charger is next to my chair and my phone often goes flat ('cos I forget to plug it in)
hahaha I mentioned the very same to my hubby... and wondered if their sleeping rough, where do they plug them in.... the media too overdo it with some of the refugees crossing a shallow river on TV a few weeks ago.. it was a dramatic report about how dangerous it was and some had been washed away in the current but when the camera panned back half a dozen photographers were in the middle of the river quite happily snapping away...

Old 03-25-2016, 12:28 AM

977 posts, read 1,013,108 times
I think UN should pressure the gulf states to take some, and give aid to the ones there. I know this sounds heart less but I mean then do anything good for Europe or America. At least here in the states there alread are MASSIVE amounts of welfare recipients, and housing issues. We can't take of the people here let alone another 100s of thousands of other people. On that basis alone they shouldn't come here. Give them decent tent, and food near their homes but in a safe area for humanitarian purposes. Of maybe I have a better idea. If Germany is really so upset about these migrants why don't they BOMB the F***CK outta Isis? Is there anything wrong with what I just said?

There must be another reason to bring to these migrants to Europe. Maybe to create chaos for some reason? I have no idea why the west thinks it's their responsibility to take care of all the poor people in the world..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom