Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:31 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,791,071 times

Advertisements

Ok - I'm going nuts! (Yes I know I already was - stop laughing! hee hee)
Rising signs! Rising signs!!!
I went to 3 different sites that do your natal chart for free.
All 3 said my rising sign is Capricorn 29th degree.
But according to a book I have & other sites where you calculate it for yourself, I'm Aquarius or Pisces or...!!!
Now I'm thinking that 29th degree Cap is basically Aquarius anyway...
But does anyone know how to properly calculate it for yourself?
I read that you need to know the time of sunrise... (on your bday where you were born - obviously!)
Come on you closet astrologists out there!
Speak up!
Astrology lesson please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 01:08 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,434,998 times
Quote:
Anyone knowledgeable in Astrology?
Nancy Reagan might be able to give you a few pointers!

Old 01-06-2008, 08:07 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,385,752 times
Check out this site: What Tarot Card are You? (http://www.flarn.com/~warlock/tarot/ - broken link)
entitled, "What Tarot Card are you."

Old 01-07-2008, 07:40 AM

522 posts, read 1,585,193 times
Great quiz...Thanks for sharing!

Old 01-07-2008, 10:10 AM

250 posts, read 937,616 times
I used to know how to do all this stuff manually.... at one time, I was a member of the AFA (American Federation of Astrologers) and everything. To tell you the truth, I cannot remember exactly how to do the calcs, but there is a fair amount of math, especially when figuring how the zodiac lines up with the 12 houses.

The tools you would need to do it, though, would be the exact place of birth, the exact time of birth, a sidereal ephemeris, and a good atlas that shows longitude/latitude of.... everywhere.

To tell you the truth, though.... it's an awful lot of work to do those calcs... chews up a lot of time, and with today's software, you can easily get a good chart almost instantly using the computer. If it's just a matter of satisfying curiosity as to how it's all computed, that's one thing. But you'd be spending a lot of time doing calcs and constructing the chart.... if it were me, I'd use the computer-generated chart and focus my efforts on learning how to interpret it.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:26 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,531,794 times
I don't know much about Astrology, but I know about my sign: Capricorn.

1. We have a tendency to take over (be bossy).
2. We are stubborn as a mule or goat at times (hence our sign is a goat).
3. Hard workers.
4. Very cautious (at least some of us are).
5. A tendency to be curious.
6. Love being in a monogamous relationship (until we break up, is when we search of another).
7. "Work hard, Play hard" attitude (we love to work, but when work is done, we like to have a good time also).

Old 01-07-2008, 12:29 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,531,794 times
I took the Tarot Card quiz and I'm an Empress. That pretty much says something about me.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:03 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,129,375 times
Ditto. Do a computer generated chart and learn what it all means. I can or could do them by hand; gave it up and most of the books, and would prefer to toss the info into a program and whip up a chart.

And, astrologers like cooks and doctors vary from person to person so it is good to know something about a subject before accepting a quick and dry answer.

My 2 cents: Cap 29o does mean you have a great deal of Aquarius rising, so you'd need to know what aspects this is forming; and generally 29o is considered significant, by some astrologers, in aspect or on its own--a leaving behind the old, about to enter a new ssue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnycakes View Post
I used to know how to do all this stuff manually.... at one time, I was a member of the AFA (American Federation of Astrologers) and everything. To tell you the truth, I cannot remember exactly how to do the calcs, but there is a fair amount of math, especially when figuring how the zodiac lines up with the 12 houses.

The tools you would need to do it, though, would be the exact place of birth, the exact time of birth, a sidereal ephemeris, and a good atlas that shows longitude/latitude of.... everywhere.

To tell you the truth, though.... it's an awful lot of work to do those calcs... chews up a lot of time, and with today's software, you can easily get a good chart almost instantly using the computer. If it's just a matter of satisfying curiosity as to how it's all computed, that's one thing. But you'd be spending a lot of time doing calcs and constructing the chart.... if it were me, I'd use the computer-generated chart and focus my efforts on learning how to interpret it.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,968 times
Default Why Consult a Professional Hermetic Astrologer?

An excellent question! -- And as you become aware that Hermetic Astrology is not just a science, but a super-science, the scope and influence of which most people are still unaware, you realize that you consult a professional Hermetic astrologer to obtain essential personal information and guidance available to you by no other means! This essential information provides you with many advantages, among which are increased self-understanding and greater personal wisdom, together with the timing and tools to take effective action and create lasting personal success and satisfaction in all areas of your life. In other words, you consult a professional Hermetic astrologer ...TO FIND OUT EXACTLY HOW TO GET WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE!

Hermetic Astrology is the study of the non-physical, fourth-dimensional energies emanating from the planets and how these energies stimulate corresponding centers within the subconscious minds of individuals. These planetary energies travel at velocities greater than the speed of light and therefore have no physical properties. They impact the mind and the emotions. The thinking, feeling, and acting stimulated by these energies bring about changes in the physical circumstances and experiences of the individual.

PRECISION IS THE KEY-WORD IN THE HERMETIC SYSTEM OF ASTROLOGY --
The Hermetic System of Astrology evolved from the research of a number of astrologers working together from the beginning of the 20th Century and led by Brotherhood of Light Initiate and famed astrologer Elbert Benjamine (C.C. Zain). They researched thousands of charts to assess character traits and observed the resulting events and conditions in people’s lives. The results of this research constitutes the basis of this astrological system. Thousands of charts were also checked for mundane astrology and weather prediction and the findings are the basis for those specific techniques. The difference between the Hermetic System and other types of astrological practice is that there is an added tool in the form of more precise calculations called “Astrodynes,” which indicate the volume of power, harmony, and discord of each planet, sign, and house in the individual birth chart. This gives great precision in interpretation. In fact, scores of repeat clients claim that the specificity and personal value of the guidance and advice is more than double what is usually available in readings done by conventional astrological methods!

[mod]advertising language and link removed[/mod]

Last edited by scirocco22; 01-14-2008 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: Sounded too much like an ad ...pushing an agenda here. Please "discuss" instead.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:29 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,110,293 times
A thought: your birth date and time -- do you have to take into consideration daylight savings time? Is that something that you might have missed in one or more of the inputs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal