Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 02:18 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,376,537 times

Advertisements

I read my horoscope once in National Lampoon Magazine, It said:

Your dog gets a tremendous hardon and your the only one home....think twice!

I no longer look to the stars.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Ok - I'm going nuts! (Yes I know I already was - stop laughing! hee hee)
Rising signs! Rising signs!!!
I went to 3 different sites that do your natal chart for free.
All 3 said my rising sign is Capricorn 29th degree.
But according to a book I have & other sites where you calculate it for yourself, I'm Aquarius or Pisces or...!!!
Now I'm thinking that 29th degree Cap is basically Aquarius anyway...
But does anyone know how to properly calculate it for yourself?
I read that you need to know the time of sunrise... (on your bday where you were born - obviously!)
Come on you closet astrologists out there!
Speak up!
Astrology lesson please!
The Rising Sign is considered your persona, your physical prescence, it's like the coat you wear to hide your true self.

Some Rising signs can be detected by sight, as some are more easy to decipher than others. For me, I can detect a Scorpio rising subject instantly! Magnetism! As one astrologer once commented: If you want to get a buzz, just brush up against a Scorpio riser!

In general, the Water sign rising signs (Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio) are noted for their monk's caps, a bald spot on the back of their heads. Looking at them head on, you think they have a full head of hair, but not so!

The fiery rising signs lean towards baldness: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius.

Libra and Taurus rising signs generally have the lower hairlines, reaching towards the eyebrows.

Don't know if this is of any help! You can always study people's rising signs via Astrotheme. Look up some famous people and it will reveal what their rising is and compare!

Old 03-07-2013, 04:04 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
I use cafeastrology exclusively, and if you know your exact birth time, you can't go wrong there. I have 29 degrees Taurus rising, and I've always noticed a bit of a balance between Taurus and Gemini, but I do know several astrologers who say that even with progressed charts, if you're a natal 29 degrees "whatever," that's who you are. Then again, Placidus and/or Koch and other house systems might throw that off, but there comes a point at which you have to draw the line somewhere or you'll wear yourself out.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:50 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Sun signs are easier, as I don't believe in cusps.

It's like this: you were either born in El Paso (you're an American) or you were born in Juarez (a mexican)!

Don't tell me you were born in a house where the bedroom extended into Mexico and the living room was on the U.S. side, and you're half and half!

Old 03-07-2013, 07:34 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,411,370 times
I love Astrology. It's very eerily accurate. I think of it as a weather forecast for your life. It just tells of the general "forecast" of what is to come, and helps you plan accordingly. I've had horoscopes tell me I'm going to have a flat-out awful day. I stepped out with the intention of "I don't think so" and sure enough I had a great day... although looking back at my day later, I can see where it could've gone another way.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:12 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Ok - I'm going nuts! (Yes I know I already was - stop laughing! hee hee)
Rising signs! Rising signs!!!
I went to 3 different sites that do your natal chart for free.
All 3 said my rising sign is Capricorn 29th degree.
But according to a book I have & other sites where you calculate it for yourself, I'm Aquarius or Pisces or...!!!
Now I'm thinking that 29th degree Cap is basically Aquarius anyway...
But does anyone know how to properly calculate it for yourself?
I read that you need to know the time of sunrise... (on your bday where you were born - obviously!)
Come on you closet astrologists out there!
Speak up!
Astrology lesson please!
Just so we're talking the same thing here, your ''sign'' (like when you see it listed in the newspaper) refers to your Sun Sign, which means the part of the sky (aka ''constellation'') where the sun was located when you were born.

One the other hand, your ''rising sign'' (aka, ''ascendant''), is the constellation that was on the horizon (was ''rising'') at the time of your birth, and as tijlover explained, it describes how you appear to the rest of the world. And for an accurate rising sign, you'll also need to know your exact birth time, and location, as well as your birth date.

There are different attitudes about anything lying on the ''cusp'' (being within a few degrees) of the neighboring sign. Some feel it means you may ''share'' a bit of the other sign's qualities, while others ignore cusps and treat each sign as its own quantity. Perhaps different than tijlover, am personally leaning towards the former notion, especially since these are all basically somewhat arbitrary mathematical divisions anyway.

In any case, if you think your rising sign is in late Capricorn on the ''cusp'' of Aquarius, how do you feel most folks see and relate to you initially (before they get to know the ''real'' you)... is it as a reserved, dry-witted, somewhat formal Cap, or more like an eqalitarian, independent, ''unique'' Aquarius (or is it a combination of the two)?

Old 03-23-2013, 08:26 AM

645 posts, read 1,452,274 times
Hey OP
One way you can tell what your rising sign is is by your physical features
And by. Looking up the description of each rising sign features

My rising sign is Taurus and over my life most all of my girlfriends were Taurus and
I never paid attn to this stuff but now it makess sense. You attract what u are.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:19 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
One way you can tell what your rising sign is is by your physical features. Look up the description of each rising sign.

My rising sign is Taurus and over my life most all of my girlfriends were Taurus and
I never paid attn to this stuff but now it makess sense. You attract what u are.

This is so true. I have the 29 degrees Taurus rising, and the physical "how we look" really does apply here. Although I have always had a tendency to move, talk, and speak quickly, and I'm a communicator in my professional field, I think those are just "sparks" of Gemini that I've picked up. Cancer progressed comes up next, but generally, I think you are either one or the other, and if three sites say 29 Capricorn, that's what you are. Computerized astrology has made me extremely lazy; I've completely forgotten the mathematical formulas for all of this.

You also make a good point about how rising signs also point to the signs you attract. I married a Taurus and have had many good Taurean friends. But I also had a very long-term relationship with a Gemini, so there you go. I think with relationships, if you look to what sign your Venus is in and your descendent, as well as your rising sign, you'll get a pretty good idea about those with whom you'd be most compatible.

And the other poster who mentioned the hairlines -- I'd forgotten that! I could never wear bangs because my forehead is so short.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:31 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,083 times
I had heard for attraction, it is the same moon sign as yours and if you're female, your mars sign will be the sun sign of your match, if you're male, your Venus sign will be the sign of your match. This matched perfectly with my first love, which is why I remember it so well. I did later marry someone who's Sun sign was the same as my ascendant, so I've heard that way works too. (Now divorced but we did get along great.) As far as dating someone who's sun sign is the same as my Mars, NEVER again. I know I'm ruling out 1 /12 of the population, but really , that's ok. Though those Sun sign men are always drawn to me, it just doesn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal