Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 09:35 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,183,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
I feel like everyone should experience a past life regression (some are more easily hypnotized than others, some people have to work at it a little) and then see what they think about it.

Experiential knowledge is the way to go.
I'd like to know what "working at it a little" involves. I'm one of those people who's hard to hypnotize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 11:54 AM

5,856 posts, read 5,300,893 times
The other day, someone told me that he saw me on a ship in the 1700s-as a soldier(sailor).

Cat

Old 03-28-2019, 04:15 PM

105 posts, read 85,950 times
When my first son was about three or four years old, he explained to me that he used to be in heaven with Jesus. When it was time, he moved into mommy's tummy and waited there until he was ready to be born.

He did NOT get those ideas from his father or me, and he wasn't the type of child who enjoyed making up stories. He's almost thirty now and doesn't remember anything about what he said all those years ago. I remember it well and it has given me reason to think more about our beginnings.

i have always believed in life after death. I don't believe we are stuck repeating life here on earth, but the possibility that we existed before this life, is intriguing.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:49 AM

88,693 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMeriMarry View Post
When my first son was about three or four years old, he explained to me that he used to be in heaven with Jesus. When it was time, he moved into mommy's tummy and waited there until he was ready to be born.

He did NOT get those ideas from his father or me, and he wasn't the type of child who enjoyed making up stories. He's almost thirty now and doesn't remember anything about what he said all those years ago. I remember it well and it has given me reason to think more about our beginnings.

i have always believed in life after death. I don't believe we are stuck repeating life here on earth, but the possibility that we existed before this life, is intriguing.
My neighbor has an interesting story. She had her three-year-old daughter in the bathroom at the back of the house where she grew up, and her daughter said to her, "Mommy, remember when you fell down in here and couldn't get up? I saw you and I wanted to help you, but I wasn't here yet so I couldn't."

My neighbor couldn't figure out what she was talking about, and then it hit her. About five years earlier, she took a shower in that bathroom and when getting out, she slipped and fell and twisted her leg and couldn't get up. She was alone in the house and laid there on the floor for about half an hour until the pain and numbness subsided and she was able to pull herself to her feet. There's no way the kid could have known this.

Old 03-29-2019, 01:14 PM

5,683 posts, read 5,916,894 times
Im tossed up on reincarnation. I dont think when someone dies they come back looking exactly like they did before, but rather they come back with the same type of personality and quirks they had before. Even animals! I would swear my beagle is the reincarnation of my poodle who died a few days before the beagle was born.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:14 PM

25,620 posts, read 17,364,311 times
I've actually never had any doubt that reincarnation did not exist.
But I don't remember anything from a past life.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:31 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,434,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I've actually never had any doubt that reincarnation did not exist.
But I don't remember anything from a past life.
I'm one of those weird people that exp 'supernatural' things and Mystical Sacred things ...neither of which are supernatural or mystical...
...they just are, like tuning into a diff frequency is all...95.1FM doesn't exist to you till you
turn the dial to it.
Germs were ridiculous to people till the microscope was invented, geeze.

I have all sorts of memories from 4 past lives, and then, one in the In-between place we stay in for awhile.
It's all very natural...it's the way the Brilliant System is set up.
Learn, learn, learn, grow, grow grow..advance and advance in knowledge and love...
it's the way it is.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabel View Post
I believe in past lives. My mom said when I was little, I used to call my older sister Lily (her name is Karen). When I was about 3, my mom asked me why I kept calling her Lily and I said because that was her name before.
I LOVE IT!!!

Lol, made me laugh. I was at a party and asked a friend if Glenn was coming later. "Who?''
"Glenn."
"What?"
"Um, Glenn, your husband...uhh...?"
She looked at me as if she had seen a ghost..."His name is Rick."
Me: "Oh yeah, I always think of him as Glenn in my head."
She is more freaked out now...
"When we did Primal Scream therapy", she says..."Rick kept screaming and screaming,
GLENNNNN, GLLENNNNNNN."
Me: "Oh."

This stuff is just common to me...what can I say.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Remembering 2 past lives on my own...has made me very very humble.
Funny... since I wrote that in 2014...I rem 2 more past lives ...vivdly, oh my...AND
hanging out in the"In-between" place....a major conversation that occurred there before I came here...
that explained why my dad was terrible to me from the the day I was born til he died...
all part of the plan to help me grow. Pretty mind blowing even for me!!!!
An adult lifetime of hating the guy...only to find out he was my best buddy and agreed to be mean to me so I could learn what it felt like and would stop it already myself.
(It still didn't work...another past life person had to step in decades later.)
Thick head I've got.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:19 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,956,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'd like to know what "working at it a little" involves. I'm one of those people who's hard to hypnotize.
I had some clinical hypnosis training back when I was a licensed counselor. As I recall, 10% of people can't be hypnotized at all, some percent of the rest can be induced into a light trance, the remainder can be put into a full hypnotic trance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal