Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 01:15 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,031,964 times

Advertisements

Do you believe your past life personality, and experience, have affected how you live this life?

By this I mean; your values, and your choices in life, such as where you live, what type of house you like, even the partner you choose.

Just one of my questions to ponder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 03:54 PM

30,527 posts, read 16,222,191 times
yup.
I never did until I went to a psychic. Actually at that point, never really thought too much about it. I figured even if I (or anyone) had a previous life, it'd be like another book-no influence on the current life.

But she told me so much about myself based on what she perceived from a past life, I became convinced.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:11 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
Here's a link to a recent thread on past life regression.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...on-anyone.html

Old 10-06-2012, 07:25 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
By all means.

I have a couple of phobias and an affinity for a particular southern coastal town.

I can't be hypnotized for a regression so I had a past life reading done. It explained sooooooo much.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:35 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Do you believe your past life personality, and experience, have affected how you live this life?

By this I mean; your values, and your choices in life, such as where you live, what type of house you like, even the partner you choose.

Just one of my questions to ponder.
I have not yet formed an opinion about this. I do, however, believe in cellular memory and that a lot of who we are (and what we do) is genetic. For instance, I always thought that my ancestors came from the base of the Dolomite Mountains in Italy. Yet, I loved the ocean more than anything else in the world. Come to find out that my great-great grand parents family lived on the coast of Italy for many generations prior to moving inland. I believe that my love of the ocean is a cellular memory of that.

I will grant you that there are certain "things" that seem so familiar, or that touch me in a certain, unexplainable way. (Little awnings over windows, for instance). But I cannot attribute these feelings to a past life without a little more knowledge or evidence.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-06-2012, 11:19 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
yes i do believe in past life--learned more about it thru dreams--but it explained some of my phobias and affinities for things i never was exposed to in my growing up years.i actually entered an old earthen home while touring some of oklahoma and it brought me to tears as i felt immediately that this was like my old home in another time

Old 10-07-2012, 01:37 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
If we really do have to live multiple lives, I hope this is my last trip. I'm tired.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:29 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Yes I do believe that I've had a past life. The only one that I've been told about and that I felt a connection to before it was confirmed by a psychic, was in Eastern Europe as the wife of a Doctor. I was Jewish and I was sent to Auschwitz where I was Killed in a gas chamber. My name was Anna.

All of my life I have had a fear of being incarcerated, of fire, gas, and other related things. Although I'm not Jewish, things that are Jewish resonate for me. I also have many Jewish friends.

When I have visited Easter Europe, I picked up the languages easily.

I was always horrified by the Holocaust and when I fist saw photos of it, they looked somehow familiar.

I think it has given me a sensitivity to abuse, torture, bigotry, and Nationalism.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:42 AM

24,409 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I've tried some self hypnosis but was never able to come up with anything. I've always found India and the Middle East fascinating and wish I could have lived as a british colonial soldier maybe 100 to 150 years ago. Then again I have a strong xenophobic streak so maybe I was a native of India who was against the british invaders.
The idea of being in a shipwreck or sinking ship scares the bejeebers out of me. The same goes for being in prison. I'm going to say that 90% of psychics are phonies so I've never sought one out.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,171,657 times
I can self hypnosis but to what end and for what a suggestion you gave yourself that you have lived before?. Your ID does not know fact from fiction.
Your past "life" is but a dream.
To the Q, no you only live once, you only die once.
When your dead your dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal