Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 08:01 PM

558 posts, read 1,121,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Same experience with Ireland. I went there for 2 wks and had a lovely time, though there wasn't any one place that I recognized. One experience I had though is I got Irish stew at a pub--the really old fashioned kind with parsnips instead of potatoes, and as I bit into it, it was like coming home. Sounds funny but it was almost overwhelming at the time. Tasted jist like me ole ma used to make--except me ma in this life couldn't cook worth a dern.
Sounds delicious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 08:30 PM

808 posts, read 663,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Yes, that's right. There's plenty of research evidence that memories can be rewritten, revised, or even created out of nothing. That's why there was a lot of hysteria over abuse of children in satanic cults some years ago ... abuse which never happened. Today, any well-educated mental health professional will tell you that supposedly recovered memories, whether of abuse, past lives, alien abduction, etc. are highly suspect. Ditto with hypnotherapists who claim to help you recover lost memories. Hypnosis to recover "lost" memories is a scam.

And here comes the anti-science brigade ...
That is true.

and no, I don't believe in reincarnation, although I used to when I was a teenager.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:06 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
I joke about being reincarnated, saying things like, "Wow, I must have been a real a****** in my past life!"

I don't know if I believe in it or not...simply because I really don't know what I believe that can be fit in to a labeled box that people are fond of doing.

I will say, many moons ago, I had an assistant apartment manager that I would hang out with to watch Twin Peaks every week. We got to where we were sort of chummy, and she told me about reincarnation; what she believes. I listened, neither believing nor disbelieving, but then she said something that got my attention.

She was talking about how people have to come back so many times, and she compared it to the hours on a clock. She said a young soul was at the 1, 2, or even 3 o'clock position, while older souls were on the 9, 10, 11 o'clock positions. The reason it got my attention is because as far back as I can remember, and through no teaching by anyone to view it this way, I have always viewed my own years in life like those on the face of a clock.

My birthday month is always at the top of the clock in the 12 o'clock position, and the other months of the year follow accordingly. I have always, always viewed a calendar year this way and had never even told anyone that I did. I just did, and while everyone else had their flat calenders, in my mind, it was like the face of a clock.

Now, it could be all coincidental, or maybe it's just because viewing time that way makes perfect sense, even if it's not just hours but also months, and that's fine...but as I said, it got my attention. Enough to believe in reincarnation? No, not fully. I wonder. That's about all.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:01 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,424,256 times
I guess anything is possible. I read Weiss's book a long time ago, and it certainly is fascinating.

I don't believe in past lives, however.

I think there was something in there about genetic memory-like you could perhaps be experiencing an ancestor's memory stored deeply in good ole DNA. I think that was discounted in the book, though.

I've always been drawn to Scotland, and the whole Elizabethan era.

Perhaps I'll do 23andme to see if I had ancestors there.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:11 PM

500 posts, read 1,174,687 times
OP, I also had an ex that passed away at age 21 to suicide that I feel I have been connected to for many lives. He was into tarot, and after he passed, a clairvoyant that I worked with "saw" him hanging around me on several occasions (years after he passed, she knew nothing of his existence).

Have you ever read the book My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashears? It will resonate with you from a deep place.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:26 PM

85 posts, read 122,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Any of you believe in the concept of reincarnation and past life experiences?

Share your thoughts and stories please. Thank you
Yes, reincarnation is all that I have ever believed in, since I was born in a family of spiritists. I am sorry for your boyfriend, I hope you fell more sheltered with time and study of spiritualists trends.

In Spiritism, we are advised to not search much about our past lives, because we consider the fact of forgetting our past experiences when starting a new reincarnation a merited chance to have relationships with people surrounding us without carrying our luggage of regrets, bruises and misunderstandings. But that is an advise hard to follow, because nobody forgets entirely, and at some point of anyone's life old feelings became stronger and it's impossible to ignore them.

How to convince a young gay boy or girl who feels to be in the wrong body to let it go and thrust in God? That's why, to me, the best way of one deals with his present reincarnation is that of self-knowledge, and I don't see nothing wrong in questioning why we feel the way we feel and why some things happen to us.

I had never heard of Dr. Brian Weiss, but he seemed OK to me. Hypnosis is a powerful technique and I believe that it is perfectly possible to reach past lives memories trough it. I also think that it is a valid kind of therapy, psychology has all the means to explore our spiritual life to heal our present traumas.

Hope you'll keep on your treatment. All that I can say to you is that if you want to help your boyfriend, and the connection between you is possible through thoughts, then concentrate with a prayer every day end imagine him in a calm place, receiving care and medical treatment of kind doctors. I truly believe in the power of Jesus and that there are many, many fellow workers of Him in the spiritual plane helping us when we pass away. Maybe you can believe in that too.

Good luck, and if you have any questions about spiritism, I'd be happy to try to help.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:51 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,649,548 times
I've always been on the fence about this. I just don't know, and it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. It seems like this is the kind of thing that could be proved, with names, dates, etc. If it has been proven, I'm unaware of it but would like to learn more. I was really taken with the video about the Scottish boy that I'm sure most of us have seen The boy live in Glasgow and remember his past life on the remote Scottish island of "Barra" - YouTube and felt that boy knew something, but couldn't quite pinpoint it.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:08 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,452,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Some parts in the book gave me chills, in a good way. In a part about 'life' before 'life', it was validation for what I already believed instinctively.
I love it when this happens

Old 04-02-2014, 07:46 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,013,148 times
I have replied to this type of post a few times. So if you look through old threads regarding past lives or reincarnation, you would be able to find my story. Just a real quick reply this time...

Yes, I had cell memory/memory of being with my current sister (who was also my past sister). On a trip to Philadelphia on a class trip at age 9/10, we stopped at a historical house. I immediately "knew" that was my home. In fact, I knew how to navigate in the home, what rooms went where, etc. I had a vivid memory of my sister and I playing outside together. We were wearing dresses with our bonnets. I am thinking this was during the colonial period.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:23 PM

8,567 posts, read 10,989,435 times
"Hope you'll keep on your treatment. All that I can say to you is that if you want to help your boyfriend, and the connection between you is possible through thoughts, then concentrate with a prayer every day end imagine him in a calm place, receiving care and medical treatment of kind doctors".

Your statement is a bit confusing to me, in that my research of spirits, and the afterlife dictate that human illness ceases when the human body dies.
It is not carried on into the spirit world.
Your words make it seem you believe the boyfriend is still ill, and needing the care of "kind doctors"
Please explain what you mean.
Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal