Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 11:00 AM

712 posts, read 2,150,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Twice. This old guy showed up in a DeLorean and told me my future kids were up to no good. Second time was some doofus in a phone booth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 11:22 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,306,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesfox31 View Post
I can not say time travel, but a few times I have had a strange thing happen to me and it is only for an instant... i felt like i had been somewhere and done something before, like dejavu. I can not explain this only that I was hiking, and suddenly Ihad the sensation and strange idea, wait, i am going to trip and then see a light. Turns out because I had this weird thought, i missed a step and i felt thefeeling of falling that I already remembered, then Ilookedup and a camera flashed... there was the light. I have no way of explaining this occurance. Ithas not happened to me in a long time but has occurred about twice. It felt like I had already been there, done that, even though it was a completely new experience.
I experienced something like that once when I was a teen. It was weird. I knew exactly what was going to happen and what people were going to say moments before it did actually happen -- like I'd lived through it before. Gads, that was 50 years ago. I was taking psychology in high school at the time and mentioned it to the teacher. "Deja vu." He tried to explain that it was my mind playing games with me, but it sure seemed that I'd experienced it before. It's never happened since then.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:34 PM

16,287 posts, read 32,451,889 times
I was just watching a dogumentary about time travel Friday evening with my wife and kids. Now I know how crazy this sounds but somewhere in time a kid is running around with his pet dog. Here is the crazy thing, the dog can talk and it turns out that the dog addopted the boy when he was a baby. Now this dog is really smart and he invented this machine he calls the "way back", a time machine that he uses to show his "son" all the cool things in history. If you look it may be playing in your area. The Dogumentary is entitled "Mr Peabody" and it is about the life and inventions that this dog, Peabody invented. Very educational if you ask me.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:04 PM

395 posts, read 548,029 times
Oh but of course. In fact the Doctor and I threw one hell of a dinner party in the Tarsus last night. Although we agreed not to have Genghis Khan and cherries jubilee at the same time again...

Old 03-11-2014, 10:06 AM

1,714 posts, read 3,865,999 times
Those here who grew up in the '90s and were lucky enough to have cable TV probably remember this Pete and Pete episode with the subplot of small Pete being a time traveler when the clock turns back one hour:

The Adventures of Pete and Pete - Time Tunnel - Part 1 - YouTube

The Adventures of Pete and Pete - Time Tunnel - Part 2 - YouTube

The Adventures of Pete and Pete - Time Tunnel - Part 3 - YouTube

The Adventures of Pete and Pete - Time Tunnel - Part 4 - YouTube

Old 03-11-2014, 10:23 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,865,999 times
^^Oops, replied to the wrong thread. It should be in the daytime saving time travel thread!

Old 03-11-2014, 11:13 PM

542 posts, read 694,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
If so, please describe your experience.
This is sort of along the lines of the thread where we talked about seeing TV episodes that haven't aired yet (I think it was about seeing a news story about celebrity's death before they died).

I recently got into the BBC Sherlock TV series, only started watching in January (just in time for the new season). My dad, recently retired, is on the hunt for good TV to watch, and he asked me about Elementary, which he'd seen an episode of. I told him I hadn't seen it, but told him about Sherlock being quite good. Several weeks later, I asked him if he'd managed to catch any of the Sherlock episodes. He said, "Oh, you know, I think I did see an episode of that Sherlock show. I was changing channels and I came across a show and I thought to myself, 'Oh, I bet I can figure out what TV show this is.' It looked like Sherlock was having a rough time, but it was only a minute before the show ended."

I was puzzled because this didn't seem to match any of the episodes (of which there are just nine). I briefly described the ending of each (gun? swimming pool? roof? wedding? a plane?) and he said nope, not that. But he was certain it was that Khan guy from Star Trek: Into Darkness (he loves Star Trek), dressed as Sherlock. So two weeks ago I visited my parents and got them to watch all the episodes, including the unaired pilot as well as the mini-episode (they really love the show and I think are sadder about the hiatus than I am). And I confirmed with my dad - he said yes, it was this Sherlock, with that ending credits music, and no, he didn't see the scene he saw (which he couldn't describe in much detail at all, other than 'Sherlock was having a rough time').

My only conclusion is that he saw a future episode of Sherlock via a timeslip or something. Too bad he couldn't have come up with a more specific date. Or plot. Or a happier image.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:19 AM

3,849 posts, read 7,994,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
Those here who grew up in the '90s and were lucky enough to have cable TV probably remember this Pete and Pete episode with the subplot of small Pete being a time traveler when the clock turns back one hour:

The Adventures of Pete and Pete - Time Tunnel - Part 1 - YouTube

The Adventures of Pete and Pete - Time Tunnel - Part 2 - YouTube

The Adventures of Pete and Pete - Time Tunnel - Part 3 - YouTube

The Adventures of Pete and Pete - Time Tunnel - Part 4 - YouTube
I met them in middle school while this show was really big. Nickelodeon had a contest to "take over" your school for a day and ours won. Neither of those two were personable if I remember correctly... A bit off topic I suppose.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:09 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,304,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesfox31 View Post
I can not say time travel, but a few times I have had a strange thing happen to me and it is only for an instant... i felt like i had been somewhere and done something before, like dejavu. I can not explain this only that I was hiking, and suddenly Ihad the sensation and strange idea, wait, i am going to trip and then see a light. Turns out because I had this weird thought, i missed a step and i felt thefeeling of falling that I already remembered, then Ilookedup and a camera flashed... there was the light. I have no way of explaining this occurance. Ithas not happened to me in a long time but has occurred about twice. It felt like I had already been there, done that, even though it was a completely new experience.
There were moments where I encountered same scenarios, with the same person in the exact clothes that I had dreamt of. It could be so those dejavu in reality were dreams of yours that you never recall. If time travel exists, they probably do in your dreams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal