Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 12:20 PM

8,661 posts, read 9,199,962 times

Advertisements

I had a dream back in my late teens of coming across this person I had not seen in a couple of years. It was so detailed in where it was, the furniture and lighting that when I woke the next morning I told several people of my dream. That evening it all came true to the tee and those I told about it were amazed. It never happened again, only that one time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 09:17 PM

457 posts, read 696,972 times
I had a dream one time where I was falling through different "universes" or "dimensions" through various black holes. Each one was unique. I think I fell through atleast 5 of them. It was an amazing. When I finally came to the lowest level I awoke on a couch surrounded by other people. Two men were sitting on a couch in the middle of a room. It was apparently a computer simulation that they were selling on these clear cd discs. I took as many discs as I could while asking, "Why is nobody else getting up to get one of these?!" After that I woke up. I was actually upset that dream had ended. Computer simulation theory anyone?

There have been other times where I could control my dreams, and other times dreams were so vivid and real I thanked God when I woke up that they weren't. I love dreaming, and I believe our "consciousness" goes elsewhere during our sleep. The mind is mysterious, and is barely understood outside of the nervous system that controls our physical bodies.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:53 AM

4,855 posts, read 5,865,667 times
I often consider dreaming to be waking up and the act of dreaming is either another life or sometimes in my opinion the preferred one. Much can be said for the way i dream. Not every dream but most of them are in one way reoccurring. I don't have actual reoccurring dreams, but dreams where I am in my minds version or alternate version of the city I live in. I'm constantly trying to find the best way to explain this. I live in Louisville, Ky, when I have one of these dreams of series, i'm going about my business in what my brain is perceiving as Louisville, KY. The Aegon Center may have a pyramid top versus the dome, or St. Matthews mall may be nearly the size of the Mall of America. The city is always this mental variant and I always know what part of town or place I am at. One dream I was in one of our projects(Beecher Terrace) and although looking nothing like it actually does, I knew I was there.

I enjoy these dreams, because it's like when I lay down to go to sleep, I'm actually waking up, possibly just daydreaming about what we percieve as our actual reality and that reality is actually my own. Perhaps they could be glimpses at past lives or a life to be lived next, or even where we will be in death. Dying just to live again somewhere else, religion aside, wouldn't it seem more feasable to die and end up in your dream world as your next paradigm versus the good or bad place of whatever religion you may have? Or your dreams could be showing you that good or bad place... reality you may go to next, which is why there is dreams and nightmares. If that is true, then is it the higher power or your own personal Karma that'll ultimately decide your placement? There are other planes of existance and I wouldn't mind staying in the one my mind show me the most. The only other dream I've had that wasn't exactly sequencial to the rest is where I happened to be a woman, and that wasn't all that bad either, I was sexy as hell.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:01 PM

4 posts, read 13,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
The only other dream I've had that wasn't exactly sequencial to the rest is where I happened to be a woman, and that wasn't all that bad either, I was sexy as hell.
This made me LOL

Everyone has brought up some very interesting thoughts and ideas. I do think there is something more that we just aren't aware of. It could just be simply, as you said sir, just the place we go when we leave this world. I don't remember all of my dreams and I have tried, but I just have a difficult time with it. I have a difficult time remembering anything at all on a daily basis let alone where I am when I leave this earthly hell. That's why when I do have a dream, it actually sticks with me.

Okay, that is all.

Sweet dreams.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:07 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,183,082 times
I had dreams in where I invented some type of device, it was edge down to the very last detail. I also had very vivid dreams in were I would panic as soon as I woke up, for many days I thought I was trapped inside my own head. But there was one dream that was out of this world flying through the Universe and knowing the secret of life, now that was incredible!!!

Old 10-12-2013, 03:13 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,117,968 times
I don't know.

Why do I meet family members in dreams, but when I tell them about it, they don't jump up and say "hey, I remember that!"?

Old 10-12-2013, 12:57 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,979,935 times
10 or 12 years ago I had a dream of being on a wooded hillside and there were numerous brown bears around. Just walking through those woods and seeing another bear every few minutes. No fear or attacks or panic, just kept seeing bears. Seemed like summer time with leaves grass etc. Woke up and remembered the dream but thought nothing of it.

Over the last 10 or 12 years I have had numerous dreams where I am on the same wooded hill side, still seeing bears, but I am there during different seasons. Summer fall winter etc. I have no clue why. I live in Alaska. I see bears regularly. I don't fear them but I do respect them. Just kind of wierd why I occasionally have these dreams and am in the same location just at different times of the year seasonally. Kind of cool actually.

I have had dreams where I had to run for my life or get attacked by a bear, and have even jumped off a cliff or two, to avoid being mauled. But those were never in the location mentioned above. Dreams are weird. Some are very awesome and long...some are very lame and short.

And as mentioned by another...I very rarely dream of my wife or other family members. Will see lot's of people I have never met, and I can remember a face for years. Names kick my butt but faces...stick with me like glue. And I do not recognize most faces in my dreams.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:34 AM

16,260 posts, read 43,376,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherStupidAmerican View Post
I've often wondered about dreams and all the theories surrounding them. All I know for certain is that I've had my fair share of interesting experiences in my own personal dream land. I want to share one in particular because it is rather fitting for the "parallel universe" or "dimensions" theories.

Some background info:

My little brother had recently passed away, we were four years apart in age and extremely close. Shared so many life experiences through childhood and on until his last day here. I was a single mother of 3 children at the time and had also been laid off from my job, so there I was. Jobless, brotherless, and going through the motions on autopilot. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to die during this time. Feeling very worthless. My brother was truly the only real "constant" person in my life and we were always helping one another out and cheering the other one up when we were down, talking every single day without fail and seeing one another in person at least once a week (he was the only steady male influence my children had, I didn't date anyone and their father was never around. My brother had no children and enjoyed being around mine) and so his sudden death hit me pretty hard.

The dream:

I was walking down this long hallway, it was made of a metal or steel of some sort, it was a narrow hallway, almost cold. The steel had a shade of blue reflecting off of them. The walls were actually sort of like panels, and television screens were connected to each panel (one tv for one panel) and they were showing videos of my life up to that point. Not videos that exist, but video clips that were maybe memories? but some were showing moments I don't remember ever happening, while others were of me and my neighborhood friends playing on the swing set, in the little kiddie pool, my first dog, etc. but all were being shown in that blue color, kind of like black and white only it was blue and white. I felt as if I was being lead down this hallway by someone, but there was nobody in front of me. I just kept walking because I was unable to stop and look at the screens I just got to see them as I passed.
When I reached the end of this hallway I was looking into a room. My childhood living room! It was as if I were standing in the kitchen and looking into the room from that view but I wasn't in the kitchen, I was in the strange hallway still. I was observing myself in my early teens and my brother was playing guitar sitting on the couch next to me, and a couple of friends that were mine (but become his also as we grew up) were there with us and we were laughing and talking and being teenagers.
The "me" I was looking at was not looking in my direction, none of them were, she was just sitting on the couch and I seen her full profile, I knew it was me. But I had this overwhelming feeling or maybe knowledge, that if the "me" I was looking at turned her head and saw "me" that I would be somehow transferred into the younger, different "me". I would be stuck there. In whatever reality or dimension or whatever else you want to call it, I would be unable to go back to the "me" that is here right now.
Remember, my brother was standing just a few feet from me in this moment and was as real and vivid as my hand is right now. All I wanted in that moment was to hug him! But as the younger me started to turn her head in my direction, I had an image of my kids flash into my mind and Bam! I was instantly (could not even take a glance at my former self or brother) being pulled by something, backwards through the hallway. Maybe pulled is the wrong word, it was almost as if I was turned to vapor and was being sucked out by a vacuum hose. And I woke up. Shot straight up in bed and wanted to hold my kids, I had the clear knowledge that I would not have had them in this alternate world and I wouldn't have even remembered them or any of my life here. It's a feeling I cannot explain and still feel every time I think about it. Very eerie, sad, and complicated feelings.

Maybe this was something my mind made up on its own, but I can't come up with any logical reason why it would be that odd. Dreams are odd regardless, no question. But those images, the complexity and vividness of them in particular, makes no sense to me how or why my mind would've conjured something in such a way.
Whether this experience was created by own mind or perhaps it was an actual option I was given by a higher being or an alternative reality that any one of us can step into whenever we want and when we want to drastically change our lives (because we would never really remember).... It really did get me thinking in a completely different direction.
'Seth Speaks' by Jane Roberts, talks about this in Chapter 7.

if what 'Seth' says is true, than your 'soul' sent out consciousness to that spot in time as you intended it as badly as you did. So you may indeed be reliving it again, at least in that other strand of existance. According to 'Seth Speaks' you could be reliving them simultaneously, however, be completely unaware of it in our physical state. But, when you are in your deep sleep, your inner self would be completely aware of it.

(I'm just projecting this from 'Seth Speaks', I'm no personal expert on this matter myself).

Old 12-10-2013, 01:08 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,208,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
I've mentioned this to some people at work and other places during downtimes as odd-ball jibber.

Anywho, there's been those dreams that have felt so real where you wake up and question your reality.
Some would call it lucid dreaming or something else.

But after watching shows like Sliders, that Jet Li movie "The One", and of course the Mirror Universe from Star Trek, I've began to think differently on the matter.

It may be just myself, but what if when we fall asleep our consciousness actually drifts across a barrier separating the realities?

Say you're a truck driver, accountant, or some fairly usual thing in this world.
But then you fall asleep and have a dream about flying an attack helicopter, or eating dinner in a fancy restaurant with some random people, or even the occasional "wet dream".

The experiences feel so real and involved that up until you wake, you think that's what you're currently doing at the moment.

Say what you will, but I'm somewhat open to the fact that when we dream, we're actually catching a glimpse of what our counterpart is doing in another dimension.
That would mean a counterpart of myself is kind of like Roland Deschain. The only problem is not even he knows what the hell he is looking for. All of my dreams have one thing in common: we're in search of something. All I/we know is we'll/I'll know once its found.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 926 times
I completely agree with this. I have always been able to remember my dreams upon waking. I am always myself with family around me but sometimes with members I've never met or members of that family lacking. People wearing otherwordly but realistic clothing, technology that we have not yet discovered but is still realistic! It is like I am myself in another dimension or life based on different choices made. As well though the world around me has evolved differently based on choices made throughout history!! I am stuck thinking of this for hours upon waking and truly believe I am more connected than others or am simply losing my mind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal